Bottom Drops Out on AR market

$1100 for an s&w 15? Thought it would be lower

The 15T comes with a 10" free-float quad rail, Magpul BUS front and rear, the forward assist, ejection port cover and 1/8 rifling. Definitely an upgrade from the Sport or ORC. If I was shopping S&W now, I'd be looking at the 15TS with 1/7 twist rifling, chrome barrel/chamber and 13" Troy quad rail.

The 15T comes with a 10" free-float quad rail, Magpul BUS front and rear, the forward assist, ejection port cover and 1/8 rifling. Definitely an upgrade from the Sport or ORC. If I was shopping S&W now, I'd be looking at the 15TS with 1/7 twist rifling, chrome barrel/chamber and 13" Troy quad rail.

The 15t comes with 1/9 rifling now. Also, the free float rail is UTG. Their website isn't accurate regarding that model.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

The 15t comes with 1/9 rifling now. Also, the free float rail is UTG. Their website isn't accurate regarding that model.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Interesting. My 15T barrel is marked 1/8 5R, but is over a year old now... to add even less clarity to this, my particular rifle started life as an CA compliant 15T with a bullet button and flash suppressor/threaded barrel. It now has a pinned PWS FSC556 brake and a standard magazine release.

The only thing I would prefer on this particular model is a chromed lined barrel and chamber. From what I recall, it's melanite instead of chrome... Of course, that would only matter if I actually cleaned my AR.

Last edited:
Heard Four Seasons had SW sport AR-15 for $600. Seems adequate for my purposes. Any issues with this model I should be aware of as an AR-15 noob? Ideally, I'd also pick up a 22LR barrel and I assume pre-ban mags are compatible.

Ammo is starting to trickle in though. Just got a couple boxes (they are not allowing cases sales...) of federal .45acp Hydra-Shok jhp's a few days ago.

Looks like they are sold out now.....

Get it while it's available folks.

sport model is fine i have 1100 rounds threw mine with no problems. When i move the sport is going to be designated a training gun to be used and abused.

Heard Four Seasons had SW sport AR-15 for $600. Seems adequate for my purposes. Any issues with this model I should be aware of as an AR-15 noob? Ideally, I'd also pick up a 22LR barrel and I assume pre-ban mags are compatible.

I think the Sport doesn't come with sights or bolt assist (which I rarely if ever use anyway). But it's a good unit. Don't have one personally, but you might want to check out the Smith boards as I'm sure there's a sticky on it.

I think the Sport doesn't come with sights or bolt assist (which I rarely if ever use anyway). But it's a good unit. Don't have one personally, but you might want to check out the Smith boards as I'm sure there's a sticky on it.

Fixed front. Magpul rear

Carl posted via twitter that he super price for the sports was ending today.

It's a good rifle. Very accurate.

My only gripe was missing the Forward Assist and dust cover. Yes, I know I don't need them, but I picked up a cheap upper receiver and swapped it anyway.

I got mine at FS 2 years ago. Love it

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom