BostonAsphalt2 NES/Appleseed Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donation to goal referencing this thread - $25

Donation to RWVA referencing this thread - $15

Registration for Harvard Appleseed - $72.19

Feeling like the generous members of NES inspired me to open my wallet and donate instead of ordering my M-Tac holster - Priceless

Graham, I've got a LTR setup for you in central MA (Charlton to Hopkinton area) if you need to borrow one for practice or the AS weekend.

Please, someone make up one of those gigantic checks for this. [rofl]

<insert obligatory joke emoticon comment here...> [grin]

That would be kind of funny. Just make sure it's one of those big checks I can actually cash.

*disclaimer-the above statement is a joke, not to be confused with seriousness* :)

I've never been to an Appleseed but if this happens at Mansfield I'll go and shoot alongside BA if permitted. I'll use an SKS and I'll donate $30 to GOAL.

Looks like I'm too late to influence the outcome but I'll throw in $25 to GOAL in honor of the event. Good luck BA

(I can't believe I read the entire thread)

I'm glad that despite some of the hostility that got ramped up here he decided to accept. Rock on!

Maybe I should get me a rifle and get out to one of these someday...

Guys,

I have a few kinks to work out for weekends. I have some licensing stuff for teaching coming up the next few months, of which dates are not available yet. I have looked at the current AS list. I should know by the middle of July which I am will be attending. To maximize what I give GOAL, please dont turn this into the Happy Gilmore of rifle shooting. If you dont know what that means, go watch the movie!

1 - ANYONE can come and shoot at an Appleseed - price is $45/1 day, $70/weekend registered in advance and $5/day more if you are a walk-in. Women, men & boys under 21, active duty military, elected officials and Rev War Renactors (in uniform) all shoot for free.

2 - If you want to watch, that's fine - we just need you to sign a waiver.

3 - You can shoot anything you want that the range will allow - we recommend .22 because 1200 rounds of 30-06/308/223/762x39 for one weekend can get pretty expensive. Feel free to bring the centerfire rifles and use them as and when you want.

4 - some shoots do have a known distance component on Sunday afternoon; it depends on the range we're shooting at. Ethan Allen Firing Range in Jericho VT is the closest we have with a full distance AQT. Next shoot there is July 10/11. (Harvard doesn't because of local range rules - you have to authorize to use the 200/300 yard range and the 100 is too small to accommodate a full line.)

Guys,

I have a few kinks to work out for weekends. I have some licensing stuff for teaching coming up the next few months, of which dates are not available yet. I have looked at the current AS list. I should know by the middle of July which I am will be attending. To maximize what I give GOAL, please dont turn this into the Happy Gilmore of rifle shooting. If you dont know what that means, go watch the movie!

We're working on putting a couple more shoots on the schedule; I'll let you know when they're confirmed.

It started as an angry reaction to some needling, morphed into a little bit of a dogpile and emerged as a good thing for GOAL and Appleseed. That and as far as *I* am concerned, all the participants, challenger and challenged alike, come out looking pretty good right now.

I suggest a special event - the First Ever NES, GOAL, RWVA fundraiser event with bragging rights for the following:
respect - for NES, GOAL and RWVA alike

Winner takes home respect - for donating:
time, effort, learning and lastly financial obligations.

If tangible objects must be use for a prize I suggest cracked walnuts and/or brass spheres to the looser/winner respectively.

To take a topic that has so obviously polarized the community here at NES and made it a rally point around which we can all stand our ground, to root for our favorite, and for all three to organizations to come out ahead (both financially and spiritually) I say is great work.

Simply put, criticism of the RWVA program has been continually challenged by a certain individual, a call to the carpet was posted and the challenged rose to the occasion - until the results are actually posted I suggest this tread remain open.

The financial obligations by many to many various organizations are too great to let one's personal pride stand in the way of actual results. I say Kudos to both sides for standing up in what they believe in.

I further suggest that those who hold RWVA and those members thereof refrain from future criticism of the RWVA program if your problem is with the individuals that represent it. Not all RWVA folks can be blanketed with the same labels as some would throw over the organization. Not all NES'ers are XX types, not all GOAL types are YY types, not all RWVA types are ZZ types.

But we are all Shooting Types – let’s pull together for the benefit of the shooting community and show the “anti’s” that while we may disagree, we all agree that shooting can bring people together for a common cause – Our Community

All this is makin' me feel warm and fuzzy !!! I thought this is where it was all heading in the beginning. I'm in for $50 /$50 Goal and Appleseed. Go BA2

There's another Leyden shoot coming up, if they'll let us shoot KD again. September, IIRC? Plenty of time to practice and/or make plans.

1 - ANYONE can come and shoot at an Appleseed - price is $45/1 day, $70/weekend registered in advance and $5/day more if you are a walk-in. Women, men & boys under 21, active duty military, elected officials and Rev War Renactors (in uniform) all shoot for free.

2 - If you want to watch, that's fine - we just need you to sign a waiver.

3 - You can shoot anything you want that the range will allow - we recommend .22 because 1200 rounds of 30-06/308/223/762x39 for one weekend can get pretty expensive. Feel free to bring the centerfire rifles and use them as and when you want.

Say for example this took place at Mansfield, is it 1 day and if so how many rounds are usually shot?

Say for example this took place at Mansfield, is it 1 day and if so how many rounds are usually shot?

Two days, anywhere between 800 & 1200 rounds. I'd guess it'll be on the lower end of that, as we can't start shooting at Mansfield before noon on Sunday.

Two days, anywhere between 800 & 1200 rounds. I'd guess it'll be on the lower end of that, as we can't start shooting at Mansfield before noon on Sunday.

Ok, I thought we were talking about a mini shoot like the one in Athol at the NES shoot last year. I'd have to swap out one of my 10/22s to a training rifle config for 2 days of shooting.[grin]

4 star epic thread!

I would like to start a pool on his actual score. Ten bucks a square score ranges from 150 (is that too much to assume he would at least hit 150?) to 250. Winner splits pot with GOAL.

People with lefty punk bands as avatars need apply.....

Wow.

I have met BA and he's a nice guy. I don't really understand the hostility. People on this board criticize all the time.

However, this is a pretty F'n cool thread and I would love to watch this so long as people don't act like babies.

I have never met either of you, but in the interest of competition I'll put up $100 for Dench. Same terms as Mr. Twig laid out for BA2 in Post #1. What say you, Dench?

Can someone sponsor me, I could really use a hundred bucks [laugh]

Donation to goal referencing this thread - $25

Donation to RWVA referencing this thread - $15

Registration for Harvard Appleseed - $72.19

Feeling like the generous members of NES inspired me to open my wallet and donate instead of ordering my M-Tac holster - Priceless

Which shoot you going to bud?

Give em hell BA

Here is a sneak peek into some of BA's training. The guy trains pretty hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom