BostonAsphalt2 NES/Appleseed Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should know by the middle of July which I am will be attending.

Great news ! +reps will be sent for taking up the challenge.

I have some questions:
BA2, will you complete the Appleseed event or will you leave after the challenge ?
Dench, P-14 has put up $100.00 for you. Are you going to be there to support your friend ?

I suggest a special event - the First Ever NES, GOAL, RWVA fundraiser event with bragging rights for the following:
respect - for NES, GOAL and RWVA alike.

Excellent suggestion ! I have PM’d some of the RWVA staff to determine how we should do this. More info later when I hear back from everyone.

Because this event will be raising quite a bit of money for GOAL I’d like to have a representative of GOAL present

I would also request one or two “official photographers” to minimize the number of people walking around while the participants are actually firing .

I would also request one or two “official photographers” to minimize the number of people walking around while the participants are actually firing .

I would request that all “official photographers” be reminded not to take any pictures of wolf223, should he decide to wear speedos... [rofl]

And the official photographers will NOT be standing on the berm. [wink]

Going to Harvard July 17/18, figure it is close and if I suck that bad I can tuck tail and not have long to drive to get home and turn on Modern Warfare2 so I feel like a sharpshooter again!! [mg] [smile]

If you "suck that bad" we'll do our best to cure that. No need to run for the video game!
sniper.gif
[grin]

Great news ! +reps will be sent for taking up the challenge.

I have some questions:
BA2, will you complete the Appleseed event or will you leave after the challenge ?
Dench, P-14 has put up $100.00 for you. Are you going to be there to support your friend ?

Excellent suggestion ! I have PM’d some of the RWVA staff to determine how we should do this. More info later when I hear back from everyone.

Because this event will be raising quite a bit of money for GOAL I’d like to have a representative of GOAL present

So, should I hold off on my donation until the Event?

Otherwise I'll be sending it on Monday.

Just donated $25 for BA's acceptance. My original $50/$100 is still in effect. BA and everyone else -- great work turning this into one of the classic NES positive events!

Invoice# 0000006187
Invoice Date: 06/25/2010 06:49:08
1 Donations $25.00

BostonAsphalt2 NES Appleseed Challenge Donation

Let's rename this thread to "BostonAsphalt2 NES/Appleseed Challenge" or maybe the "First Annual BostonAsphalt2 NES/Appleseed Challenge".

Around this time next year we can challenge someone else and see if we can make this an annual fundraiser. Or Even better, BA2 issues a challenge to a vic of his choosing and then that person challenges someone else the next year.... We can have someone cast a pair of musket balls that gets passed to the next challengee each year, like the Olympic Torch.

This is the best scenario, glad for all involved.

Unfortunately, there are no funds available for me to make a donation and my GOAL renewal is waiting on the kitchen table. I have also promised to donate to other worthy causes so this has to get in line.[smile]

Win/win.

Let's rename this thread to "BostonAsphalt2 NES/Appleseed Challenge" or maybe the "First Annual BostonAsphalt2 NES/Appleseed Challenge".

Around this time next year we can challenge someone else and see if we can make this an annual fundraiser. Or Even better, BA2 issues a challenge to a vic of his choosing and then that person challenges someone else the next year.... We can have someone cast a pair of musket balls that gets passed to the next challengee each year, like the Olympic Torch.

Awesome idea.

As far as AbbyOakley.... it will depend on which date and venue. From an interest stand-point she is very in. We await BA2's decision which will probably not come until Mansfield decides if there will be an Appleseed there in the near future.

So, she accepts the challenge pending scheduling.

I don't know about you, but if bostonasphalt is not a girl who can shoot a 210 in a hurricane, without a sling, then there's not too much he can boast about! ;)

Hmmm.... what if we make this a match between BA and Abby Oakley, our resident young lady sharp shooter?

So, Richc started the concept of AbbyOakley getting in on this.......

I'll up the ante here.

ETA: And if he shoots an Appleseed with Abbey and beats Abbey's score, I'll donate an additional $25 to The GOAL Foundation.

LenS furthered the concept by putting his money on AbbyOakley.....

If bostonasphalt accepts, shows up and makes rifleman, I'll donate $100 to GOAL. If he does this plus beats Abbie Oakley's score, I'll donate $200 to GOAL. If BA accepts and shows but Abbie beats his score then I'll donate $300 to GOAL!

Acme.Armament generously includes Abby as a potential reason for a bigger donation.....

So, I wouldn't be much of a Dad if I didn't put my money on my girl as well.

As an undisguised challenge to try to run up the donation dollars to GOAL I am adding a $50 donation if Abby makes Rifleman that weekend..... anyone else wanna put their money on Abby?????

I got something in the works i posted earlier that will be the largest donation to GOAL but i want to clear it with BA and Twigg first.

Last edited:
I will not participate if you continue to turn it into a circus show. Just a heads up.

Not speaking for Appleseed, but just my observations from participating in one as well as being an RSO . . .

- I fully expect the Appleseed Instructors will control the line, the range, who is on it, and whatever else is going on during the entire Appleseed event. To do otherwise would risk safety and would not allow them to achieve what they must as an Instructor/RSO.

- So I would expect them (AS) to throw anyone off the line that wasn't shooting (participating) other than the official photographers. So I would expect that gawkers and any antagonists would be dealt with and swiftly.

- The pace of shooting is too quick for one shooter to be paying any attention to the other shooters on the line. At Pelham they barely gave us enough time to remove/staple targets and reload mags between strings.

- It's boring as hell to just hang around quietly for 2 8-hr days just to watch someone shoot, especially in the heat/rain/etc. I don't think that many would just be "hanging around" to harass and see above wrt my expectations of how AS would deal with them.

So, I doubt that the event would turn into a "circus" and if so, shame on the AS Instructors in charge. BA, go with an open mind to learn some things, do some shooting and improve your skills (regardless of score).

Let the AS Instructors jump in now and confirm/deny what I stated above.

Why are you busting on BA? He said he would show. Perhaps your posting is the type of "circus show" he was referring to. Give the man a chance to show. If he doesn't then flame away. Until he proves otherwise take the man for his word and don't bust balls. How friggin hard is it to keep things positive at this point?

Exactly. Instead of any further raggin on him, we should be seeing if he needs any equipment for this.

bostonasphalt2, do you have a firearm or Liberty Training Rifle for this? If you don't we can help as we have the necessary parts to turn a 10/22 into a LTR.

Give the man a break!

I don't blame him for his concern.

Whether you like him or not, he has stepped up. He is doing this for all the right reasons!

Are you willing to pay up to GOAL what doesn't get donated if you can't give him the chance to complete this unmolested?????

+1

I've looked at Madball's posting history over the last 24 hours and haven't seen anything from him adding to the GOAL ante..........

This thread is absolutely awesome. There is/was some BS here and there, some useless filler, some cheap shots, but all in all, I really like where this is going. Graham, thanks for accepting the challenge, it's a total win situation.

I don't know the first thing about competitive shooting but if I manage to get a rifle, once the date is announced, I will try my best to be there. Also, I saw mention of photography. I'm not a professional photographer but I have a nice Digital SLR and wouldn't mind snapping pix all day long.

- Sam

Fine. If you continue to harass the RWVA instructors and bash the Appleseed project I will ask for you to be banned. You've been warned several times and had your chance.

Kiss my ass. What are you doing for GOAL? Huh? Speak up or shut
up bitch.

Obviously you haven't read the update. I have called for a halt to the trash talking and Appleseed bashing. I am trying to keep this from becoming a circus, go read the revised OP.

I am solidly behind you at this point.

There's close to two thousand dollars up for GOAL, five GOAL memberships, one paid NES membership and a seat in a basic pistol class all donated at this point, depending on your score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom