BostonAsphalt2 NES/Appleseed Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twigg

NES Member
Ok all the trash talking is done. This is all about raising money for GOAL or the RWVA at this point.

Bostonasphalt2 has agreed to pick a day by mid July.

As to the event itslef, this may become a special NES member's full 2-day Appleseed or this may be just a special challenge event featuring one course of the full AQT. Please do not start posting as to which event you want, the decision will be made by the Massachusetts AS instructors. There are too many variables at this time to deceide what will happen and when right now, so bear with us.

To remove any possible bias from the event I disqualify myself from all target scoring.
Dwarven1 has informed me he has also disqualified himself from all target scoring as well.
Scoring will be preformed by the Appleseed instructors and the event Shoot Boss.

Offers continue to roll in and I'm having a hard time keeping up. Be paitient if you do not see you donation up in the OP.

And please, no more trash talking / AS bashing in this thread or on the NES forum. Its time to set aside all differences on the forum and out there in the big room outside as well. this country is facing a crisis and we all need to pull together.

Massachusetts itself has the issue of the Dueling Bills (4102 v 2259) and I strongly suggest the MA members have allok at that thread and take action at once. Make the call to your representative and follow it up with a letter.

***ADDED***

NES member BradM is a professional photographer and has offered his services, he has access to a 36X20 printer for the "Giant Check". [smile]

1.) scouter-rick will put up a one-year GOAL membership, a one-year GREEN NES membership and a seat in a Basic Pistol class if BostonAsphalt2 accepts the challenge and earns Rifleman that weekend.

2.) Namedpipes will donate $10 to GOAL if you simply accept.

3.) Derek will donate $100 to GOAL if you score rifleman on your first try.

4.) William_munny GOAL 1 year membership karma in the general section if and after he follows through with this.

5.) Richc- I'll shoot side-by-side with BA. If BA beats me I'll donate $100 to GOAL.

6.) Tim94gt will donate $50 to GOAL if he accepts.

7.) LenS I'll donate $50 to GOAL orgs, if BA scores Rifleman, I'll double the above donation.

8.) Dtess17 I'll throw in a one year GREEN membership if he shoots 210 or higher.

9.) wolf223 Will do a GOAL karma from me if he shows. good for green NES members, whether they are GOAL members or not.

10.) Acme.Armament If bostonasphalt accepts, shows up and makes rifleman, I'll donate $100 to GOAL. If he does this plus beats Abbie Oakley's score, I'll donate $200 to GOAL. If BA accepts and shows but Abbie beats his score then I'll donate $300 to GOAL!

11.) WeedWhacker I will donate $100 to goal if he shows up, I will also donate $100 to goal if he makes Rifleman.

12.) edmorseiii 50 bucks to GOAL just for showing up

13.) RB26 If he attends $30.00 to GOAL (I'll still donate if he can't make it).

14.) tele_mark $50 if he shows, $100 if he makes Rifleman.

15.) Anonymous donor will donate $100 to goal if he shows, will also donate $100 to goal if he makes Rifleman. [/B] [/COLOR]

16.) BradM 1 GOAL membership giveaway for showing up, 3 for making riflemen.

Bostonasphalt2 receives $100 cash.

GOAL receives up to $1190 cash and up to 5 memberships.

Last edited:
Is there a paypal account set up for tickets to this event, or will they be available through Ticketmaster.com?

Never let your mouth write checks your body can't cash.

I have some minor issues with some of the claims made by a few (very few) of the Appleseed hierarchy, but not with the program per se and definitely not with the technical aspects of what they teach.

When it comes to the mechanics of positions and marksmanship, Appleseed's got its shit together.

Don't have a rifle ? We'll lend you .22 Liberty training rifle.

If the .22 is too wimpy for you you can borrow my AR, SKS, AK or Mosin.

Hell, I can even get you a .50 BMG, donate the ammo for you and sell tickets so people can watch since you're such a he-man taticool marksman.

I'd be happy to provide an HK-91 and even donate the ammo for the contest target (not the whole Appleseed!!). That should certainly be bad ass enough and Mr Twigg I believe was present when a LITTLE GIRL came close to scoring Rifleman with this particular rifle (her first time shooting it). You should certainly be able to handle it [grin]

PS Don't fall for the Mosin offer. THAT one is a sucker bet. [laugh]

Where can I see an Appleseed event? Youtube have any, id like to check this out.

jackson.gif

[smile]

I'd pay to see this happen. [thumbsup]

Tried to +Rep Mr. Twigg for throwing down the gauntlet, but it says I have to spread more Reps around before hitting him again. [frown]

This could be the NES Event of the Year!! [devil] [smile]

I hope you negotiated pay-per-view rights. Looks like the UFC (sp?) isn't the only game in town.

To sweeten the pot I will put up a one-year GOAL membership, a one-year GREEN NES membership and a seat in a Basic Pistol class if BostonAsphalt2 accepts the challenge and earns Rifleman that weekend.

Where can I see an Appleseed event? Youtube have any, id like to check this out.

Your query had me looking . . . Google is our friend. [Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with the Appleseed Project. My Wife and I shot one recently (her idea) and that's my only exposure/knowledge of the program.]

Ft Stewart National Guard RWVA Appleseed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7mXOx12UCU

RWVA - Appleseed Intro - by Doug Tibbits http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5s25l08pz8&feature=related

There are numerous other links to other Appleseed videos on the right side of the above.

Damn he is getting quite the offers. I'm not sure what he said, but maybe I should start talking shit, so I can get rides, free coffee and donuts, and money. Sounds like a good deal.

4 star epic thread!

I would like to start a pool on his actual score. Ten bucks a square score ranges from 150 (is that too much to assume he would at least hit 150?) to 250. Winner splits pot with GOAL.

Ahhh, I see.
But he did say Point taken in #92
OMG and EC's laying on the ground crack, almost lost my coffee on that one.
I would love to go to one of those, the one in Connecticut is full (and I have prior engagements on that particular day).
I'm definitely going to keep an eye on these Appleseed things, I hope to get to one eventually.

Hmmm.... what if we make this a match between BA and Abby Oakley, our resident young lady sharp shooter?

BA... every been beaten by a girl???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom