BostonAsphalt2 NES/Appleseed Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gratz for stepping up the the plate BA

Thumbs up to everyone here for making this a donation idea with class.

Let's face it folks..if a "newer no named poster" like the majority here we would of been run outta town tar and feathered by the GregsJoseScivs and Cals of the boards..to me this was a good natured way of "calling" out a popular poster for fun...yeah sure there was a few hardlined jabs but for the most part it was all good imo.

It's an internet board...things get boring if there isn't someone stiring the pot.

Genious! Well done.
speedo.jpg

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Here's one for BA:

If your range allows guests, I'll offer to donate a day of shooting / training to help you prepare for the "big day." You bring your rifle of choice (let me know if you need me to bring a sling to borrow); I'll bring a couple of bulk packs of .22lr ammunition and whatever skills I can provide to help you achieve a better grouping. I've got plenty of targets, and I think that we could get someone to chip in some AQT targets to check your progress.

Let me know what your schedule looks like if you're interested.

Here's one for BA:

If your range allows guests, I'll offer to donate a day of shooting / training to help you prepare for the "big day." You bring your rifle of choice (let me know if you need me to bring a sling to borrow); I'll bring a couple of bulk packs of .22lr ammunition and whatever skills I can provide to help you achieve a better grouping. I've got plenty of targets, and I think that we could get someone to chip in some AQT targets to check your progress.

Let me know what your schedule looks like if you're interested.

I appreciate the offer Rich! Very cool of you! I am working out some ideas/bugs/kinks right now about how to go about practicing. I took this on despite being mostly a pistol guy (yipes!). I will let you know what goes on, I woudl love to take you up n that offer if we can coordinate (we seem to be at the opposite ends of MA).

-Graham

reps inbound... BA2 that was a well written rebuttle to all the previous statements.

Mr.Twigg where do we stand with the "offerings" of this event?

for the generosities of the members here I am making an immediate donation to goal and to the appleseed organization. All things aside, if we don't support our organizations who will? Deval!???

Good on you BA2, and for everyone that stepped in to help a cause (whatever their reasoning). I will go back through this thread and rep many of you that are offering to help the cause.

+1 to everyone!

I can just feel the love, swirling all around me! Or maybe the beer's finally kicking in ... I better go take a pee and see if I'm buzzed yet.

After reading this entire thread multiple times, I wonder: Why do I want to accept a hostile invitation to do something that does not interest me? Why would I accept a a hostile invitation to do something to impress a bunch of people on the internet? Why would I ever give in to the mob mentality? I have read through this thread a few times before I made this reply (and one member has hit some of my concerns right on the head), so those who could not wait: Im sorry you have nothing more exciting to do [wink]

I am doing none of those things. That being said, it seems I am put in a position of power, unbeknownst to many. On the one hand, many people here seem supportive of me doing this, while others do not seem supportive in their intentions behind wanting me to do this. That being said, a greater opportunity has risen.

You have just given me control of your wallets. This is a unique opportunity for me to help raise money for GOAL. I take on this "challenge" despite the misconstrued interpretations of my original posts. If there is one thing I will never claim, it is that I am a better shot than anybody else. However, this will give me the chance to help what I have always felt is a dying breed in MA: the 2A supporter.

The money will ultimately help us fight against a hostile climate, help us promote the shooting sports with a solid donation behind it. I am not doing this for anyone but GOAL. I appreciate those who support my endeavor in this. At the end of the day, this is about a greater cause than settling some "beef". I am not anyone else, it matters not to me what you would do or what you think. I am not doing this for the collective "you".

Good Man.

I appreciate the offer Rich! Very cool of you! I am working out some ideas/bugs/kinks right now about how to go about practicing. I took this on despite being mostly a pistol guy (yipes!). I will let you know what goes on, I woudl love to take you up n that offer if we can coordinate (we seem to be at the opposite ends of MA).

-Graham

Same offer goes out from me too. I know a thing or two about the AQT and we can make GOAL some extra money. Send me a PM if you're interested.

You too, AbbeyOakley! We've missed ya! [smile]

Last edited:
Thank you BA2. I have made my donation as pledged. I wish it could be more.

Invoice# 0000006184
Invoice Date: 06/24/2010 18:51:31
Donation:Donation-$10
BostonAsphalt2 Appleseed Challenge Donation

-Graham

A LOT of your handgun skills will transfer (sight agnment, sight picture, stable firing position, quiet triger finger, etc.); we'll work on the differences...

This thread is NES blended. Holy Cow.

Anyways, which appleseed are you going to do BA?

I'll attend if schedule permits for sure.

B.A., I've got a LTR setup for you in central MA (Charlton to Hopkinton area) if you need to borrow one for practice or the AS weekend.

Please, someone make up one of those gigantic checks for this. [rofl]
Uh, that was a joke.
<insert obligatory joke emoticon comment here...> [grin]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom