Boston globe Mill article

Never give them a quote to twist and distort.
F*ck off is enough.
People never seem to learn.
I wouldn't even tell them to f*** off. Just another thing they can write about how belligerent gun owners are, etc. Either just ignore or decline.

These people are looking for a fight and looking for controversy. They did it with Jack. He wouldn't talk to them so they went through some of his NES stuff to paint him in a bad light to their readers. They are just looking to sling shit. Ignore. Ignore. Ignore.

How they even know what jacks NES name is another question worth asking.

We don't exist in a sterile vacuum and it's not as if Jack is going to hide who he is. The POS moonbat that probably wrote that article for the glob is probably reading this thread, or has dipped in here a few times since it was posted.

We don't exist in a sterile vacuum and it's not as if Jack is going to hide who he is. The POS moonbat that probably wrote that article for the glob is probably reading this thread, or has dipped in here a few times since it was posted.

I know people from the outside read NES. And the chance of a journalist finding out who jack is on their own is within reason.

However, I suspect that someone told the media who Jack is on NES before all this heat came about. Having a random modern day journalist (gag) actually figure that out on their own with enough confidence to publish in a major paper makes me think they had help. Not saying it was a conspiracy to get Jack in trouble. More like another Mill FFL who can't keep their f***ing mouth shut, etc.

I know people from the outside read NES. And the chance of a journalist finding out who jack is on their own is within reason.

However, I suspect that someone told the media who Jack is on NES before all this heat came about. Having a random modern day journalist (gag) actually figure that out on their own with enough confidence to publish in a major paper makes me think they had help. Not saying it was a conspiracy to get Jack in trouble. More like another Mill FFL who can't keep their f***ing mouth shut, etc.
There is always a rat/mole/fed somewhere in every crowd.

There is always a rat/mole/fed somewhere in every crowd.
We know that local MA police and the feds are for sure on NES. People have been arrested in the past based of illegal things done on NES and people have also had major problems with local police chiefs regarding NES posts.

I remember one guy who had the chief call him in with a bunch of his NES posts printed out on his desk.

When I 1st joined NES I wasn't overly worried about making myself reasonably hard to figure out who I am IRL. However, when I saw that shit going on I started to make a point not to make it blatantly easy to identify me and I also made a strong point never to post crazy shit that could/would/will be used against me at some point for some stupid reason.

There's this thing called google though, and it works pretty well. I also think you are correct in reference to the people who "talked too much".

People definitely said too much, but Its not hard to figure out, you can search on NES "the mill property manager" and you'll see it

The defeatest attitude in this thread is growing old. Just buy, sell, and shoot. Ignore the globe and marsha. One can get almost whatever they want with respect to firearms in MA--legally or illegally. From what I can tell, everything is above board at the Mill. Quit belly aching and go shopping at the 6-8 shops there.

When you replied to me earlier you had this sort of mindset, and it was out of context to what my point was.

I don't think the Mill should be a secret. I think fans of the 2A should know about it and talk to each other about it. I also think that talking to an obvious hostile entity about how fine and dandy the Mill is when it's incredibly obvious that hostile entity will never under any circumstances be honest about it is crazy.

I don't know why people talked to the Globe about the mill. Did they think it was a good idea? Did they think they're smart enough to outwit the reporter? Are the simply morons? I have no idea. But those are the 3 options that come to mind and none of them seem like good ones.

Hell, one of the people who talked to the media is well known for a smart quote "no one ever got in trouble by keeping their mouth shut." It's good advice. What happened?

People keep good public land shooting areas secret for the same reason. When it gets out to the masses it usually ends. We know this.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding you. When you say my mindset has shifted I disagree.

Anyone talking to the press is stupid. They should immediately be told to EABOD. Other than that I have no issue with an FFL naming themselves whatever they want. I have no issue with it being openly discussed that the mill exists. Everyone and their mother is on this forum reading this stuff every day anyways. (Obligatory hi Maura) A post on Google saying some cryptic stuff is dumb but don’t think they don’t already know about it and regardless they aren’t doing anything illegal.

Businesses exist to make money. Expecting them not advertise their existence is odd to me… even in MA.

I wouldn't even tell them to f*** off. Just another thing they can write about how belligerent gun owners are, etc. Either just ignore or decline.

These people are looking for a fight and looking for controversy. They did it with Jack. He wouldn't talk to them so they went through some of his NES stuff to paint him in a bad light to their readers. They are just looking to sling shit. Ignore. Ignore. Ignore.

Wait, jack has two eyes!!??!!

🤔 I wonder how the rat we all know and love feels about the FFLs at the Mill. He’s still pretty well connected in the local firearms scene and we know he’s not afraid to pick up the phone…

He can't even compete with the guys down the street (they basically annihilated his business) let alone deli ticket emporium or the mill. I think hes turned his old shop into a shoebox by this point. He did love yapping to the media though. Anytime there was a gun thing his mug was on ch 5 or whatever.

🤔 I wonder how the rat we all know and love feels about the FFLs at the Mill. He’s still pretty well connected in the local firearms scene and we know he’s not afraid to pick up the phone…
Wow. Is he still in business?

Years ago (pre COVID) he was trying to sell his biz, but no takers.

Figured he’d just close up and go away.

Wow. Is he still in business?

Years ago (pre COVID) he was trying to sell his biz, but no takers.

Figured he’d just close up and go away.
His shop is like a third of the size of its last existence (to get rent down or whatever) with basically nothing in it. Least based on the last pic i saw.

His shop is like a third of the size of its last existence (to get rent down or whatever) with basically nothing in it. Least based on the last pic i saw.
A third is being generous. He sublet the bulk of the shop to a chimney cleaning service, there’s no stock anymore. I believe he owns the building so he’s probably keeping a limited presence to keep his FFL. Heard he was doing frame transfers now.

It was not big years ago.

My neighbor who is a realtor tipped me off back then.

Apparently some BB guns and some misc accessories had it valued way high. Lol.

Could not happen to a better rat.

A third is being generous. He sublet the bulk of the shop to a chimney cleaning service, there’s no stock anymore. I believe he owns the building so he’s probably keeping a limited presence to keep his FFL. Heard he was doing frame transfers now.
One of my remotes says he's been doing frames for a long time. Not shocked at his hypocrisy tho.... 🤣

Guy I knew did a frame there. I was pissed when I found out.

I educated them both

It was not big years ago.

My neighbor who is a realtor tipped me off back then.

Apparently some BB guns and some misc accessories had it valued way high. Lol.

Could not happen to a better rat.
Many, many years ago he was like top 5 in the state for S&W sales. That used to be a humming shop until he punched himself in the dick, BPS came along and then Gartman might as well have banged his wife, thrown his keys on the roof and left an upper decker in his shop toilet. 🤣

Many, many years ago he was like top 5 in the state for S&W sales. That used to be a humming shop until he punched himself in the dick, BPS came along and then Gartman might as well have banged his wife, thrown his keys on the roof and left an upper decker in his shop toilet. 🤣
Really? Before I knew he was the rat. I went in and saw 6-7 pistols, about 10 random rifles (2/3rds were used). Lots of BB guns, random accessories and fishing stuff.

I was far from impressed and he was kind of a dick.

This was 12 years ago.

Really? Before I knew he was the rat. I went in and saw 6-7 pistols, about 10 random rifles (2/3rds were used). Lots of BB guns, random accessories and fishing stuff.

I was far from impressed and he was kind of a dick.

This was 12 years ago.
Yeah this is like early 2000s. Basically he, FS and Ware gun shop (another shitbag) would battle it out for highest sales.

Spend a few hours on here reading nothing but threads about the Mill it isn't hard to figure out. Or, a simple phone call to the owners of the Mill asking about available space, I'm sure they will give you his entire name and phone number.

Yeah this is like early 2000s. Basically he, FS and Ware gun shop (another shitbag) would battle it out for highest sales.
Ware gun shop is a huge chode. If you could see the state of his "shop" today youd laugh. Usually a civic on cinderblocks in front of it on any given day

Ware gun shop is a huge chode. If you could see the state of his "shop" today youd laugh. Usually a civic on cinderblocks in front of it on any given day
For some bizarre reason there was always an inordinate amount of poor quality Smith product leaving that place but I could never fully prove out my conspiracy theory..... lot of f***ed up guns correlated to that shop. It was funny too because the hardcore skinflints loved that place because hed undercut FS by like 25-50 bucks a gun then the flint would brag about their score and a week later the same poor bastard would be taking apart his Smith 1911 that was basically destroying itself because it was so poorly fitted..... it was probably just a coincidence but it was a funny one. Smith generally made these people whole in the end at least.

For some bizarre reason there was always an inordinate amount of poor quality Smith product leaving that place but I could never fully prove out my conspiracy theory..... lot of f***ed up guns correlated to that shop. It was funny too because the hardcore skinflints loved that place because hed undercut FS by like 25-50 bucks a gun then the flint would brag about their score and a week later the same poor bastard would be taking apart his Smith 1911 that was basically destroying itself because it was so poorly fitted..... it was probably just a coincidence but it was a funny one. Smith generally made these people whole in the end at least.

Weird. Maybe backdoor buying blems well below cost?

Back
Top Bottom