• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston globe Mill article

Direct quote from the article:

Which shows how little they actually know about the building their business is in, since there WAS a fire, and the primary result was some water damage to some of the inventory (mostly Sherif's and Randy's).
Over the years we've put 135K into the sprinkler and alarm systems. The fire was put out in seconds. The water damage was the result of the FD not shutting the sprinkler water off quick enough. Jack.

There is a reason why the founding fathers didn't want the entire populace actually voting in a pure democracy and created a Republic form of government... most people are too stupid to vote and all the Karens and Kens coming out of the woodwork in fear of their safety and the children because guns shows that. The Mill is likely the safest place in MA...

This country needs an enema.

This is pathetic...
From The Lowell Sun Article said:
Megan Rank said at the meeting she pulled her two sons out of the school last week.

“I was afraid of what was going to happen,” Rank said of her decision. “My boys were sad. They were very, very sad.”
From all indications, it's a really great, fun music school. :(

I wonder if she was concerned that her kids would end up spending all their money at The Mill in later life... kinda like I do. [laugh]

Over the years we've put 135K into the sprinkler and alarm systems. The fire was put out in seconds. The water damage was the result of the FD not shutting the sprinkler water off quick enough. Jack.
And you can add that, as I understand it, the sprinkler system isolated the fire and water to the single room involved. None of the other tenants were affected (as is indicated by the fact that at least one didn't even know there was a fire).

And you can add that, as I understand it, the sprinkler system isolated the fire and water to the single room involved. None of the other tenants were affected (as is indicated by the fact that at least one didn't even know there was a fire).
That's right. everything worked just like it should have. The Mill is 100% protected. Jack.

View attachment 668606
Wait one month and the Karens will find some other thing to be outraged about.
The Globe is simply reporting and re-reporting about their story to try to amplify the story which will be a fart in the wind by the end of the year.
I got news for them: putting ~100 businesses out of business (gun and non-gun) in this economic environment really isn't really a winning platform at the moment.
Some gun owners are f*cking morons.

LITTLETON — “The mill is the best kept secret in the MA firearms community,” one Google review reads. “If you know you know.”

Bro, you just told the world.

Seriously, this group of people (gun owners) just don't know how to STFU.

Meh.

They aren’t doing anything illegal. I’m done being quiet about exercising my rights.
Unfortunately in the industry I work (tech) and with my current employer, I am surrounded by woketards and liberals. I STFU about my politics and hobbies at work and don't post on social media (except NES) and will continue to do so until such a time as I no longer require the income/employment. Every day, that gets a little closer...

Unfortunately in the industry I work (tech) and with my current employer, I am surrounded by woketards and liberals. I STFU about my politics and hobbies at work and don't post on social media (except NES) and will continue to do so until such a time as I no longer require the income/employment. Every day, that gets a little closer...
I stopped caring about discussing it at work as well. I don’t openly discuss my beliefs but when people start spouting off about whatever media talking point is the new hot button issue I speak my mind.

If nobody ever says otherwise people think the opposing views don’t really exist.

same here.. I openly advertised the Women on Target classes at my old job, posted on our open board.. .. to the point where some whacko libtard took it down and I had to go to HR to ask why it was down. I had originally asked if it was ok, and they said yes, as others put their own pet events up. The whacko was told by HR that I had every right to do so and to not touch it..

at my new job, I've found that each April we have a charity auction. I plan on putting up a morning as a guest at the range, shooting anything I own.. I've already posted my other women's classes on LinkedIn.

Meh.

They aren’t doing anything illegal. I’m done being quiet about exercising my rights.
Makes sense in a free state. In MA? Well... it's not a free state. So that might bring enough attention to find a reason to end the party.

One of my local gun shops was shut down for nothing more than the owner shit talking the city, the state and the ATF. Eventually they had enough and took care of him via administrative stuff which essentially every FFL is going to have exposure to.

The Mill is certainly not a place I'd be blatant about drawing scrutiny on.

Makes sense in a free state. In MA? Well... it's not a free state. So that might bring enough attention to find a reason to end the party.

One of my local gun shops was shut down for nothing more than the owner shit talking the city, the state and the ATF. Eventually they had enough and took care of him via administrative stuff which essentially every FFL is going to have exposure to.

The Mill is certainly not a place I'd be blatant about drawing scrutiny on.
If people don’t know it exists how are the FFLs supposed to continue doing business?

I get it MA is a failed state but they aren’t doing anything illegal.

If people don’t know it exists how are the FFLs supposed to continue doing business?

If the shops at the mill leave, it won’t be because of the town of Littleton. It will be because the mill has sold.

There is not shit the town of Littleton can do to force them out in a timely fashion. They can change zoning and play the long game. But that is a long game…

And by the way there are several great zoning attorneys in Boston that could help any mill tenants fight a zoning restriction. That is the normal process in the city of Boston as every single project goes in front of the zoning board.

And by the way there are several great zoning attorneys in Boston that could help any mill tenants fight a zoning restriction. That is the normal process in the city of Boston as every single project goes in front of the zoning board.
They have already made one bylaw addition and rezoned the mill.

They passed a bylaw that requires anyone getting a business license for a firearms business to show that they possess a LTC. They also put in place a $100 annual fee payable to the PD to cover the cost of doing inspections.

The rezoned the building in 2020. The building was zoned IB (essentially light industrial) and had permitted uses including retail and light manufacturing. In 2020 they blew up the town center Village Center district and replaced it with the Village Center Mixed Use district. It had the exact same boundaries except now 410 great rd had moved from IB to VCMU. Allowed uses include retail and do not include light manufacturing.

But of course we have pre-existing non-conforming use of the building for light manufacturing so the zoning change has no impact. Nothing stops the existing FFLs in the building or the addition of more 07 FFLs given that the building is grandfathered due to the existing use.

Yes, zoning is a VERY long play. The only way to get people out is to have the building owner evict them. Whether the current owner does the eviction or sells it and the new owner evicts, you still need to evict everyone. It just takes time, money, and will power to make happen.

So we have the left wing Globe writing a hit piece and multiple follow ups and an editorial. We have the Lowell Sun calling all the non-FFL businesses they can locate (and some of the FFLs because they could not figure out who was who) and asking if they are afraid now that they know about the gun dealers (what a flawed premise to write an article about). We have Bearing Arms with a couple articles about us. We have Guns & Gadgets doing a video about us (he was in our shop this past week). We have the town holding meeting after meeting.

Yet we still have one of the safest places to be anywhere. All the dealers who have been background checked multiple times (FFL, LTC, etc) and likely all carrying. All our customers have been background checked (LTC). Local PD just on the other side of the bridge over 495 (500 Great Rd vs 410 Great Rd) and regular visitors to the Mill. Cameras EVERYWHERE in the Mill. Alarm systems EVERYWHERE in the Mill. Top notch fire suppression system as evidenced by the fire in my room. And for those who dont already know, a person with a concealed carry license, on average, is less likely to commit a crime than a member of the police.

And still the Karen's cry...

They have already made one bylaw addition and rezoned the mill.

They passed a bylaw that requires anyone getting a business license for a firearms business to show that they possess a LTC. They also put in place a $100 annual fee payable to the PD to cover the cost of doing inspections.

The rezoned the building in 2020. The building was zoned IB (essentially light industrial) and had permitted uses including retail and light manufacturing. In 2020 they blew up the town center Village Center district and replaced it with the Village Center Mixed Use district. It had the exact same boundaries except now 410 great rd had moved from IB to VCMU. Allowed uses include retail and do not include light manufacturing.

But of course we have pre-existing non-conforming use of the building for light manufacturing so the zoning change has no impact. Nothing stops the existing FFLs in the building or the addition of more 07 FFLs given that the building is grandfathered due to the existing use.

Yes, zoning is a VERY long play. The only way to get people out is to have the building owner evict them. Whether the current owner does the eviction or sells it and the new owner evicts, you still need to evict everyone. It just takes time, money, and will power to make happen.

So we have the left wing Globe writing a hit piece and multiple follow ups and an editorial. We have the Lowell Sun calling all the non-FFL businesses they can locate (and some of the FFLs because they could not figure out who was who) and asking if they are afraid now that they know about the gun dealers (what a flawed premise to write an article about). We have Bearing Arms with a couple articles about us. We have Guns & Gadgets doing a video about us (he was in our shop this past week). We have the town holding meeting after meeting.

Yet we still have one of the safest places to be anywhere. All the dealers who have been background checked multiple times (FFL, LTC, etc) and likely all carrying. All our customers have been background checked (LTC). Local PD just on the other side of the bridge over 495 (500 Great Rd vs 410 Great Rd) and regular visitors to the Mill. Cameras EVERYWHERE in the Mill. Alarm systems EVERYWHERE in the Mill. Top notch fire suppression system as evidenced by the fire in my room. And for those who dont already know, a person with a concealed carry license, on average, is less likely to commit a crime than a member of the police.

And still the Karen's cry...
I have a question regarding those with an MA LTC who have been background checked. It seems it’s common to mention here and in the Littleton meeting rooms.

How would you deal with the Karens in a Constitutional Carry State.

Maybe, “Federally prohibited people know they can’t pass a NICS check so they don’t try to buy guns from a legitimate FFL?”

My worry is that some are being short sighted and not preparing for a discussion in favor of Constitutional Carry.

Last edited:
same here.. I openly advertised the Women on Target classes at my old job, posted on our open board.. .. to the point where some whacko libtard took it down and I had to go to HR to ask why it was down. I had originally asked if it was ok, and they said yes, as others put their own pet events up. The whacko was told by HR that I had every right to do so and to not touch it..

at my new job, I've found that each April we have a charity auction. I plan on putting up a morning as a guest at the range, shooting anything I own.. I've already posted my other women's classes on LinkedIn.
How much for me? Hehe

Damn yall talk alot
The Mill is in Littleton?!?

for some reason I thought it was near Worcester… time for a visit!
I mean, relatively, it is near Worcester. Took me almost as long to get there as it does to get to the dirty woo
Eldridge's Facebook Page re: his visit to the Mill.

'It’s a beautiful morning in Littleton.
Since the September 10th Boston Globe story on the fact there are approximately 80 licensed gun dealers at “The Mill” at the Littleton Common, I decided to visit the mill today and meet some of the dealers.
The Mill is quite a labyrinth. I spoke to some of the dealers about the process of getting a gun permit, buying a gun, and what kind of guns, accessories and ammunition are sold. They were in all seriousness very nice and helpful, and seemed attuned to the letter of our state and federal gun laws.
One gun shop sells “pre-bans,” guns that were made before the 1996 federal weapons ban, and you can buy a gun that is not allowed to be sold in whole, but in parts, and then the buyer can do as he/she wishes after purchase.
Interesting, some of the dealers noted that they do a lot of official business with state, regional and local law enforcement departments, which of course makes sense since they all carry guns. Here is the Globe story https://www.bostonglobe.com/.../an-old-mill-littleton.../.
So far I have received about 50 emails/calls from Littleton constituents, spoke to Littleton Police Chief Pinard a few times, reached out to the AG’s office, and attended a Littleton Planning Board meeting. Your feedback is welcome, and my email is [email protected].'

Scrivener and others tear him apart on his September 10th post also.
50. Lol.
Also who the hell is this scrivener guy? Bartleby doesn’t strike me as a great lawyer.
if you want to reveal progressive hypocrisy, then you also want to rub their faces in the smelliest s**t you can get. 40B or section 8 housing will cause them much more discomfort than the suggestion of a brothel (entertainment complex).
They’d love 40B. More housing for those poor souls who can’t get a job despite every single business everywhere hiring…
Now pot shop is another story
I could go either way on this..

With My Land holding company I was so stupid I used my name in it. And then everybody knew it was me and then the problem started. I could have named it anything else.

My lawyer actually pointed out how stupid I was. He was right I could’ve been the unicorn fart Inc. and it would’ve been a better idea.

Obviously if people look into it they still would’ve known it was me plus I’m there. But at first glance it’s best not to be stupid.
Never put your name on the business. Makes it harder to sell and hard to hide behind if you ever want or need to. It’s cool to be mysterious and it’s also smart business. Never let yourself be tied to anything, let alone multiple things on paper. The secretary of the commonwealth’s website gives a scary amount of information that can be cross referenced to town/county online searchable records. And it’s all free. Works in a lot of towns and states. All you need is a name, entity or address and you off to the races.
Doubt

Most of this is astroturf armflap stuff anyways.... do you see hordes of moonbats holding signs outside the mill?

Good luck telling others what to do. That's not how the world actually works. 🤣

Protip: I don't know the owners but i doubt they care about kowtowing to that sort of PC garbage. some people just don't play that game and you're going to get what you get at that point, for better or worse. Trying to tell people "you should act like this or that" isn't going to go very far unless you're a financial stakeholder in their business.
I was at both of the powderhorn protests buying shit and hanging out with the boys. Good times. I love being inside the line.
Astroturf armflap?

Holy shit, where do you come up with this shit!
Astroturfing is artificially creating outrage. Like creating an article to make people mad at something they were never mad about. Or claiming to have received complaints that never existed, then watching new complaints come in.
OK. Listen up. The rent checks go to Marie, the office manager. She deposits them and pays the bills. The trustees never see the checks. They do not draw a salary. $$ not spent goes into the MRI account. The trustees have other sources of income and are in it for the long run. (if/ when the Mill gets sold). It's called equity. So forget any shit about "quotes" from the trustees. Jack.
Business lessons from Jack
You guys crack me up. When you sell a bldg you don't choose a potential buyer. See real estate 101. Jack.
Ditto
My IQ is dropping listening to this
Deadass facts B no cap fr fr
Based
Groomers.

This is a great case study into the hive mind of the left.

BTW they are going to rape your kids.
based
My previous house lot had a gas main (6" high pressure steel) running through it. There were plans for an upgrade to 12" (not sure if that started as planned), and a legal fight regarding the license/easement. Opponents who did not want to see their yard dug up claimed the easement for one pipeline meant Eversource would have to remove the existing pipeline to do the upgrade.

Eversource had a crew come by one year to trim vegetation and some trees in the side yard over the pipe, and the pipe was exposed in a stream bed in the neighborhood.

Shortly after that gas explosion in a house in Main St, Hopkinton, Eversource came by and placed plastic marking poles in my front yard near the sidewalk and in the opposite neighbor's year to mark the road crossing.

Two houses down the street were makers for the Shell main that I knew was closed, but did not know was maintained.
My village keeps declining town water because they don’t want to encourage development. Despite multiple massive subdivisions, a senior living facility, and a big park/ball field complex with massive lights.
So no good town water and no fire hydrants. The church put in a massive cistern and pump system so the fd has something to hook into because they wouldn’t be able to keep up running water trucks from their firehouse with a massive well pump that’s 200 yards away.
wish i had an answer. now it's been 55 years i've watched our gun rights erode. people who think we're getting any of them back are dreaming. the best goa, nra, comm 2a and goal do are slow that erosion down, like tossing a sandbag at the rising tide. and i often think there might not be a 2nd amendment in 100 years. people don't realize amendments can go away. think prohibition.
We’ve seen a massive swing the other way in most of the rest of the country. There are now TWENTY FOUR constitutional carry states. Almost half the country. That doesn’t even include the places that only require a license for concealed carry, like FL. We’ve seen a lot of pro 2A wins lately. While the legislature may sit idly and punt on reciprocity, hpa, and repealing Hughes we have an excellent supreme court and we have yet to see the end of what they can offer us in terms of restoration of natural rights.
You know she walked out of the house like “yeah, THIS is the fit”
There was a time tech was filled with a lot more ross ulbichts and aaron schwartzs. Cryptoanarchists, self taught cowboys of the internet frontier. Now it’s filled with people who rose up through the education system, no ingenuity, no hunger for knowledge or problem solving skills. Just get the computer to display the desired text.

The Mill needs every libtard to know it exists to remain in business?

The right people know it exists, that is all that is needed.

Think of the mill as a whore house, you don't post about it on Google and call it the best kept secret. The whore house stays in business somehow.

The Mill needs every libtard to know it exists to remain in business?

The right people know it exists, that is all that is needed.

Think of the mill as a whore house, you don't post about it on Google and call it the best kept secret. The whore house stays in business somehow.
I see zero issue with it being public knowledge that a legal business exists.

And if it makes the sea of liberal tears overflow that’s just a plus in my book.

And if it makes the sea of liberal tears overflow that’s just a plus in my book.
But couldn't this motivate them to change the law, thus shutting down the business?

That's a question for discussion, treat it as such.

I agree with this.

But....

But couldn't this motivate them to change the law, thus shutting down the business?

That's a question for discussion, treat it as such.
Unfortunately this the reality of the situation, IMO.

I agree with this.

But....

Unfortunately this the reality of the situation, IMO.
Exactly my point.

What should be and what is are two different things. We fight for what should be, but we must not lose sight of what is, or we will lose what we have.
The Mill exists in hostile territory, where they hold the voting majority.

Exactly my point.

What should be and what is are two different things. We fight for what should be, but we must not lose sight of what is, or we will lose what we have.
The Mill exists in hostile territory, where they hold the voting majority.

It's akin to being a Delta attachment in AFG and hoisting 100ft poles with your unit flag flying at the top.

Listened as two guys raved about how excited they were to have found the dealers at the mill and how it was all thanks to the Boston Globe article. So I guess someone owes the anti-gun activist pretending to be Globe journalist a thanks.

Although I did notice those two Mill first timers handled a lot of stuff but did not lay any cash on the counter before leaving.

I on the other hand was there cash in hand to pickup a P365XL to replace my standard P365 that my wife has informed me is hers now.

My thanks for a pleasant transaction goes to @Dean Safety a straight shooter (pun intended).

🐯

Did you miss what I quoted: "best kept secreet" as the dude posts online.

It's akin to being a Delta attachment in AFG and hoisting 100ft poles with your unit flag flying at the top.

Not really. FFLs are virtually public record for one. What do you think they should have done? no signs inside or outside the building? Opsec works for small and limited customer base not so much for a building which caters to a wide base.

WRT that stupid google reviwer, If you’ve ever been on any of the Facebook MA gun groups you know that gun owners in this state are their own worst enemies, especially many of those retards. I had to Unfollow those things because basically they’re just a river of AIDS. Post 2013 gun owners in mass, unfortunately a good % of them are dumber than a box of rocks.

Back
Top Bottom