• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"bodyguard bulletproof jacket"

yes...

I think some of the advertising is a little misleading WRT to the use of mass shooting examples- the gunmen in some cases used 5.56/.223 which this coat isn't advertised as protecting against.

I like the concept just not the use of the shooting scenarios. I know <0 about armor but don't you need plates for rifle ammo?

yes...

I think some of the advertising is a little misleading WRT to the use of mass shooting examples- the gunmen in some cases used 5.56/.223 which this coat isn't advertised as protecting against.

I like the concept just not the use of the shooting scenarios. I know <0 about armor but don't you need plates for rifle ammo?

My thoughts exactly...

I never trust sites with huge colorful font and lots of exclamation marks.

Oh and tell me you never bought any Extreme Shock ammo before.

extreme-shock-ammunition.jpg

(I still laugh at that ad, not just for the same guy "painted" white and "arab or hispanic" but 2 guys aiming long guns at you and the dude with the pistol holding it up and giving you the open hand. LOL Yeah. OK.)

Last edited:
I envisioned this
500x_dark_city_strangers.jpg

GREAT flick. Gosh it was so well done. Noir sci-fi. Sleeeeep.

I recall the previews for it. I want to say it failed miserably at the box office. I've probably seen it 50 times on cable. The wife even saw it (she hates movies in general) and loved it.

GREAT flick. Gosh it was so well done. Noir sci-fi. Sleeeeep.

I recall the previews for it. I want to say it failed miserably at the box office. I've probably seen it 50 times on cable. The wife even saw it (she hates movies in general) and loved it.
What movie is that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

That's pretty cool. 3lbs isn't too bad. 6lbs for the beast model is pretty heavy, that's really not something to use every day.

My very high quality, heavy leather motorcycle jacket is 7lbs. Not something to normally walk around with.

There's a company in Colombia that makes bullet resistant clothing to your specs. All diff types, dress jackets, leather motorcycle jackets etc. Apparently it's a thing over there. Big money but appear well made and discreetly fashioned.

Regardless, you could buy some decent soft armor for about 400.00 if you're so inclined. And yes, you would need rifle rated plates to hopefully defeat that threat. I took two complete soft armor vests to the range before (a total of 4 panels) and hung them over a target stand, 5.56 went through all four like they were melted butter.

Hi, I'm Damian Ross with the Self Defense Company and Bodyguard. I can answer any of your questions and I'll try not to use an offending font.

Now there are vests you can get for cheaper - for sure, but you're not going to throw on a vest and commute to work or go to the mall.

As for stopping the rifle rounds, we're developing the DEFENDER model which will be a 2A plus a plate carrier (meant for stand alone plates) which we have.

As for the Hawaiian shirt...not yet. But the design is such that you can zip it into other outerwear. We're coming out with a vest, another heavy duty fleece as well as a all weather jacket.

This way you don't need to buy new protection for every season.

Finally, the company in South America makes good stuff - however, they have a t-shirt that starts around $1,500.00 US and suits that are around 20-30K.

This is not that. We wanted to make something that most people could afford and that you could throw on when you were going to areas of concern.

Thanks for letting me post here.

Regards,

Damian

Bulletproof Jackets Online Training | Self Defense Company

Damian,

NES may be a rough crowd for criticism. But take it constructively. Website does look better now and have more information than I recall it having we when we were initially emoting skepticism.

Hi, I'm Damian Ross with the Self Defense Company and Bodyguard. I can answer any of your questions and I'll try not to use an offending font.

Now there are vests you can get for cheaper - for sure, but you're not going to throw on a vest and commute to work or go to the mall.

As for stopping the rifle rounds, we're developing the DEFENDER model which will be a 2A plus a plate carrier (meant for stand alone plates) which we have.

As for the Hawaiian shirt...not yet. But the design is such that you can zip it into other outerwear. We're coming out with a vest, another heavy duty fleece as well as a all weather jacket.

This way you don't need to buy new protection for every season.

Finally, the company in South America makes good stuff - however, they have a t-shirt that starts around $1,500.00 US and suits that are around 20-30K.

This is not that. We wanted to make something that most people could afford and that you could throw on when you were going to areas of concern.

Thanks for letting me post here.

Regards,

Damian

Bulletproof Jackets Online Training | Self Defense Company

If you'd like to send me a free sample jacket I'd be happy to report on it :D

Are you guys shitting me?

1. I can actually afford this jacket. I have a leather jacket that cost me $500
2. These are actually something that you can wear without drawing attention. You are not going to Walmart in tactical gear without causing a serious problem.
3. The jackets actually look great. And they are basically tailored to fit.
4. 7 months of the year, you have to wear a jacket anyway in New England. Why the hell wouldn't I want to be wearing one that will stop most handgun rounds?
5. I am buying one.

I do have one question though. I know most soft body armor has a shelf life. How long are these jackets good for?

If you'd like to send me a free sample jacket I'd be happy to report on it :D

When you get it, give me a call and I will help you test it. :)

It's still gonna hurt like hell. I bet it feels pretty much like getting hit by a sledgehammer. Maybe not 380 or 9mm, but anything that starts with a 4 will probably leave you with the nastiest bruise you have ever had in your life.

It doesn’t quite look like a normal jacket. You can see the protected areas pretty clearly even in the posed still promo photos. Sure it’s probably a nice option for someone expecting to maybe get shot at in their day to day line of work, but unless that’s your situation...

Back
Top Bottom