• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

As Crime Rates Climb, US Demand For Bulletproof Cars Skyrockets

This is probably a good type of business to invest in right now.
Go to Sao Paulo, every other car you see has at least bulletproof glass.

They are easy to spot and shops that will deal with that stuff are everywhere, like every other block.

Bring some Brazilians and whoever is supplying them.

They are easy to spot and shops that will deal with that stuff are everywhere, like every other block.

The rich in Sao Paulo commute by helicopter, so that they are rarely In the street.

Becoming more popular here now, but already a few years ago car thieves in Sao Paulo were intercepting key fob signals once cars were being built with the push button starters. I learned that from my coworker on a trip, "Don't use the key remote here." Anyway, it was a thing there well before here in the US.

Oh- all those armored cars belong to fútbol referees.

It's OK- Lula will make things better just like #FJB is doing here. [rofl]

Corollas are good to go.

You could probably import one from Brazil.

On the one hand, I'm sure the extra weight makes the doors feel super premium and kills a lot of road noise.
On the other hand, my head is already against the roof liner.

Do they make a kit for Tacos? If I was already thinking about doing sound deadening, this might do double duty...

On the one hand, I'm sure the extra weight makes the doors feel super premium and kills a lot of road noise.
On the other hand, my head is already against the roof liner.

Do they make a kit for Tacos? If I was already thinking about doing sound deadening, this might do double duty...
I didn't ride on one, but there were so many in SP, I could tell which ones had armored doors by how the cars drove. They looked heavier.

The windows are easy to tell, when you get close you can tell by their thickness, from far you can tell by how the light reflects and the thicker black edge.

When I mean common, I mean like they are as common as Toyotas here, like every other car driving around is armored.

There is a big market for used armored cars. With prices in the U.S, it could be cheaper to import one.

I didn't ride on one, but there were so many in SP, I could tell which ones had armored doors by how the cars drove. They looked heavier.
I completely believe it. Armor has to weigh a bit. Unless they improve the suspension, it should behave like there's at least one more person in it.

When I mean common, I mean like they are as common as Toyotas here, like every other car driving around is armored.
:eek:

There is a big market for used armored cars. With prices in the U.S, it could be cheaper to import one.
Interesting point.

If thing's get bad enough that I would need a abrams to drive down the street
I'm staying home, I have enough old video games that I may never leave the house

I’m curious, do they armor the door panels too? Typical vehicle construction is not at all capable of stopping a bullet. I have seen hundred of examples as a former junkyard dismantler and now as an auto physical damage appraiser and bullets don’t stop when they go through cars.

I’m curious, do they armor the door panels too? Typical vehicle construction is not at all capable of stopping a bullet. I have seen hundred of examples as a former junkyard dismantler and now as an auto physical damage appraiser and bullets don’t stop when they go through cars.
I don't know all the details, I believe they do.

Like everything, there might be different levels and prices. But the way the suspensions looked when going over potholes or uneven parts on the road, most of those cars have more than just armored windows.

I'm sure they do.
I towed a Protection model Escalade and it was really friggin' heavy, it felt like I was towing a loaded F-350 dump truck.
You could tell when you opened and closed the doors how heavy they were, they felt like you were opening a vault.
It also had a supercharged 454 and beefed-up transmission, the driver said it got about 5 mpg.

Back
Top Bottom