• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

As Crime Rates Climb, US Demand For Bulletproof Cars Skyrockets

My problem is, I want a bulletproof full-bed duelie but I can't afford the dee-zul to fill it. It only weighs 58,000#. LOL

I didn't ride on one, but there were so many in SP, I could tell which ones had armored doors by how the cars drove. They looked heavier.

The windows are easy to tell, when you get close you can tell by their thickness, from far you can tell by how the light reflects and the thicker black edge.

When I mean common, I mean like they are as common as Toyotas here, like every other car driving around is armored.

There is a big market for used armored cars. With prices in the U.S, it could be cheaper to import one.

I think there's room for an intermedia armored car, good enough for being well to do in a neighborhood of Chicago but not good enough for visiting world leaders to cruise around in.

Take any big, roomy vehicle, upgrade the engine, steering and suspension (don't really need better brakes if you're just trying to get away) and then replace the glass with pistol-ready glass and add a bunch of plates in the doors. Figure labor + materials + say $15k for the "armored(ish) car" bonus.
Maybe even work out a factory upgrade package with the auto makers, like Shelby did back in the 60s.

I think there's room for an intermedia armored car, good enough for being well to do in a neighborhood of Chicago but not good enough for visiting world leaders to cruise around in.

Take any big, roomy vehicle, upgrade the engine, steering and suspension (don't really need better brakes if you're just trying to get away) and then replace the glass with pistol-ready glass and add a bunch of plates in the doors. Figure labor + materials + say $15k for the "armored(ish) car" bonus.
Maybe even work out a factory upgrade package with the auto makers, like Shelby did back in the 60s.
$15K!?!?!

here is an 'ukrainian special' of what good people down there ride on.

$15K!?!?!

here is an 'ukrainian special' of what good people down there ride on.
Yeah, but our target audience is wannabe rappers in 'hoods of Chicago. I don't think they have THAT kind of scratch!

Back
Top Bottom