Best gun you have shot

Then most fun = O/U shotgun, followed by some of the big magnum handguns.
Reliability trust my life to it = Sig 226
Most gratifying to shoot and shot least often would be 1911 left to me by my grandfather.

I do not know the guy but.. I will add anything Fooped owns. [smile]

Seeing as you got hammered on the other thread. Keep bringing those to the shooting events as I am sure far more people appreciated the experience than had a negative experience.

My re-worked 1961 Colt National Match Bullseye...

Pics please!! [grin]

Kimber Pro BP Ten II. 13+1 of .45 goodness. [rockon]

DSC01822.jpg

That's the first polymer frame 1911 that I've seen.

My favorite that I own is my Colt series '70. The damn thing just won't quit. Strangers at the range ask me how the hell I consistently hit soda cans at 100 yards with it. The gun was made for me, I tell ya!! [grin]

FN FiveseveN... unbelievably accurate gun. Someone pulls it on you, run for cover, because that sucker is a nail driver with no recoil and groupings at 50yds look like my usual groups with any other gun from 15yds. Looks a bit like a toy but it surely is no joke.

I would probably say my Glock 22. It was my first handgun and continues to be a very natural feeling gun for me and has been both accurate and reliable.

That's the first polymer frame 1911 that I've seen.

Me, too. And I snapped it up at a steal of a price. Kimber didn't make them all that long because, apparently, there wasn't much of a polymer 1911 market among the "purists" as it didn't sell well. They missed out. A hi-cap 13+1 1911 which is no heaver than an all steel single stack 1911 and has a lot of custom features. Night sights, too. The grip isn't any wider than a single stack 1911 with standard wood grips at the widest point. Just a touch more blocky, but it still points very well and is comfortable to shoot. Very reliable and accurate! Great gun all around. The only thing that sucks is the magazines (obviously) aren't standard 1911 and are kind of pricey, but at least you can still get them from Kimber/Mec Gar.

Last edited:
Pistol:

Best = Most Fun = S&W 28 Highway Patrolman 6" .357mag
Best = What I'd take w/me SHTF = Glock 19

Rifle:

Best = Most Fun = One Eyed Jack's full auto suppressed Mac 10 .45ACP
Best = What I'd take w/me SHTF = AR15

I didn't think about NFA stuff. I could take or leave full auto, but Jack's integrally suppressed Ruger MkII takes the top of my list.

Anschutz 1413 "Super Match". Made 50 years ago (yes, 50!) and still outshoots everything out there other than other Anschutz rifles. Its one of the very earliest ones in the 54 action with a single wing extractor. Only upgrades it has ever received was changing out the trigger to a two stage trigger (but I still have the original.) And of course, my throwing on a low-grade scope when I changed it to a plinker after I got out of competition.

Did I mention its in almost perfect shape?
1413.jpg

I only have enough experience with the guns I own to judge.

If I could only have one handgun, it'd be my Sig 229 though I've only had my 627 Pro for a week and it's very competitive. For rifles, my M1A but I'd have a hard time parting with my M&P15FT.

An addition to my previous post:

My Colt Lawman Mark III .357 with Badger custom grips is an absolute pleasure to shoot and extremely accurate.

Two guns I own that have both a high “quality” feel to their actions and are very accurate would be my S&W 952 and my S&W 945. Sadly I seldom shoot either.

Respectfully,
jkelly

Pistol: H&K USP (any of them, really)
Rifle: Sig 556 (the one at the Pumpkin shoot...words cannot describe how incredible this gun felt in my shoulder)

Last edited:
its a toss up for me:

rifle wise: it would be my M4 w/ 100 round drum or my pre-1989 import ban Norinco AK with a 75rd drum. (yes the drums are pre-ban)

handgun wise: it would be my Sig p229 .40 or my S&W 1911 .45 tactical.

Sort of a toss-up for different reasons: I always equate my Sig P226 in .40 to the "Caddillac of Pistols." So smooth and "cushy"...an absolute joy to shoot. I shoot my P228 better than any other handgun I've ever fired, which is why it's my main CCW for 7 years now. It's not quite as pleasurable to shoot though.

For a rifle it's by far my 1943 '03-A3. I swear I could probably aim and fire 5 rounds with my eyes closed at 200 yards and have a football sized group. The shoulder starts to get a little sore after 60 rounds or so but that's part of the charm.

Mine would be purely on nostalgia, but my dad had a K-17 S&W .22LR revolver with these white grips... He let me borrow it a couple of times back in the early 80's when I got my LTC and I used to go up to Cape Ann Sportsman's Club and shoot it on the outdoor range on Sunday mornings......

I never knew what he did with his guns, I never found any of them when he died. Someday I'll buy one for myself just for grins.

Model 19 6 inch 357 Smith. 1970's revolver goodness.
FN FAL

Both shoot robust rounds that are proven LE and military (308) uses, as well as hunting and personal protection. Plus they rock you a bit ;)

SVI Infinity, as far as a gun I've shot before.

Now there is just the problem of affording one. [laugh]

I have one of those. It shoots nice.
Thankfully I didn't have to pay for it, otherwise I wouldn't be owning it.
No, I didn't steal it either.
I won it in a raffle. [grin]

Now the nicest gun I've ever fired was a custom made Krieghoff O/U, 5 barrel set. It belonged to my boss, he was BIG into skeet. He shot registered for many years in Ohio. He went to the factory in Germany in the late 60's and had this custom made to his specs. He's the one who introduced me to skeet and let me shoot this my very first time on a skeet range. BTW, I hit 17 with it.
I'll never forget what he said when he handed me the Krieghoff, "Whatever you do, don't scratch this gun, it's with more than you are".

Last edited:
My favorite shooting is my xd because i shoot that best. I love the sw99s and i have them in 9, 40 and 45 and love all models but i can group them too well because of the sights. I havent changed them as of yet

I love my Kel-Tec sub2000 .40 - its really a blast to shoot and accurate beyond belief...

Back
Top Bottom