• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best gun you have shot

Handgun - Infinity 40 (after adding the new metal grip). They are also a dog friendly company which is a big plus on the karma side of things.

Rifle - JP LRP-07 w/Leupold 4.5-14x50

Best handgun: It's a toss-up between my buddy's Pardini and his S&W Performance Center 1911. I can't afford either [crying]

Best rifle: I'll have to give that to my Service Match AR w/ Geissele trigger. The AR design is not a perfect fit for me, but this stays at the top in my list simply because I haven't yet tried a true match M1A...

I haven't yet fired a gun which I felt was absolutely perfect... but then, I haven't yet tried them all [smile]

FN FiveseveN... unbelievably accurate gun. Someone pulls it on you, run for cover, because that sucker is a nail driver with no recoil and groupings at 50yds look like my usual groups with any other gun from 15yds. Looks a bit like a toy but it surely is no joke.

I agree, fired one for the first time a couple of weeks ago.....impressive is an understatement. Might buy one when I move from this nanny state.

As for funnest gun, the M2 .50bmg......especially when Uncle Sam was providing the ammo. Spent all day on the range with a few, burning the barrels out. We had pallets of ammo to use up because 75% of the vehicle mounted guns that were supposed to show up, didn't. We were feeding 1000 rd belts through them with six guys feeding them up the side of the APC.
Brass and link clean up was with scoop shovels into a 2 1/2 truck bed.

Thanks John Browning!

My Savage in .308 with the Accutrigger is accurate as all get out and I've taken many a deer with it, so it has some fond memories attached to it.

For handguns, well, even though I own an XD, a .357, an S&W 3419 and some other stuff, I still love shooting my Ruger 22/45. I bought it from an NES member and it's a blast to shoot.

Just got back from a weekend trip to a friends house in VT. Shot his Baby Eagle Stainless in 9mm and his DPMS AR-15........toss up! Both were very fun and made the weekend [smile]

Best in terms of quality: 4 inch Colt Python made circa 1969
Best in terms of fun, shootability and enjoyment: S&W Model 39, Browning Hi-Power, and S&W Thunder Ranch Special Model of 1950 .45ACP Revolver

Long Guns
Most Fun: Argentine Mauser and Blitz's M1A Socom

Mark056

Just got back from a weekend trip to a friends house in VT. Shot his Baby Eagle Stainless in 9mm and his DPMS AR-15........toss up! Both were very fun and made the weekend [smile]

I haven't shot that many firearms but I too also enjoyed shooting the Baby Eagle 9mm this weekend in VT.[smile] I think it was a hit this weekend in VT with everyone that shot it. Same with the DPMS AR-15.

Back in the late 70s I had (believe it or not) a 6" Ruger Security Six .357 revolver that I shot real 50 yard PPC with, that would group its loads into 3" at that long range. I did nothing to this gun but grind a little off the coil main spring and trigger return spring. I also carved my own wooden grips to fit me. It had the stock medium weight barrel and was the easiest DA gun I've ever used including Pythons and some very fancy Smiths that had been worked on by various gunsmiths. I'd pay anything to have that same gun today.

As of Saturday, my new new Para Ord 1911 LTC [smile]

was able to make some really nice groups and was actually really sad when I ran out of ammo [thinking] (should have brought more)

Is the FN PS90 MA Legal? Is it something you can have in state if you move in with it?

Yes it is, but you're stuck with the terrible 10 round mags for it. (Unless you can somehow or another source some pre-94 P90 mags, which is possible but
unlikely. )

-Mike

Revolver- Model 66 in 4" @357 cal
Pistol Semi - Colt Govm't Series 70 @ 45cal
Rifle Semi - S&W AR15@ 556 cal
Rifle Bolt- S&W Ibolt @ 270 cal
Shotgun 12Gauge - Mossberg 935SPX
Milsurp - M1 Garand
Small Caliber Rifle- Ruger 22 Preban

Everyone a tack driver and most important easy to move if need be with except the IBOLT which is as accurate as you will ever see but doesn't break down as well as the other rifles!

Last edited:
Of all the firearms I've had, the best:

Shotgun: Fabarm Black Lion 12 gauge

Rifle: Sako 75 .300 Winchester Magnum

Handgun: Smith & Wesson 29-2

The best guns I have shot are my husbands colt 1911 gold cup, and his browning hi-power.. I have never fired a rifle, or shotgun..

My Best Gun

The best hand gun I evered fired is my Kimber 1911 Eclipse Pro II. Second would be my SW 6906.

Rifle would be my AR15

Pistol: S&W 1911 stainless

Rifle: toss up between M1 carbine, M1 Garand, and CZ 452

Back
Top Bottom