• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best gun you have shot

Long gun: Anschutz 1411
pic001-1.jpg

Hand gun: S&W 29-2
pic045.jpg

fs 92 9mm fun gun at the range just keeps on trucking along does not mater what you feed it
M1 garand for a long gun

my personal favorite is my rugar 10/22 with the butler creek folding stock. when you fold the stock it's basically a .22 hand gun with a 16" barrel. lots of fun and cheap to shoot.

I don't have much of a collection compared to most of you, but out of mine my 7 shot S&W 686 5" .357 is my favorite.

S&W 57 - tough finding ammo at a store, but 41 Mag is easy enough to load. A previous owner carried it a lot, so the outside looks like crap, but it's got the best trigger I've ever tried. Way more accurate than I am, too.

Put the P7M8 in second place, even.

Best Gun I ever shot and now own, my grandpa's 1947 Belgian 16ga Browning A-5.

Most fun the American-180 22LR machine gun at my Dad's FFL in KY.

Coolest I ever shot either my buddies Styer HS 50 BMG rifle or the FN 249 SAW I carried into Iraq in 2003 (the SAW was true love).

Pistols I'm real partial to my NO-LOCK S&W 342 with CT grips.
smitty

Revolver, 625 or a 657

Semi-Auto, Custom made 1911 by David Santurri

Rifle for fun, M1 Carbine

Rifle for Self Defense, AR15

For carry, S&W PD Commander

Shotgun, O/U

The gun I have many fond memories of was my dad's 22-250. Not sure the model but it's a fun cartridge to shoot. It shoots like a laser and vaporizes when it hits.

Holland & Holland double rifle in 375 cal. A mid weight , dangerous game ,rifle. This weapon is for hunting 500 pound lions in tall grass with ten to forty meter lines of sight. ........Rifle dont fail me now!

Mine is an 11-87 when i have a bright white cheek patch 25 yards in front of me. First a bang, then a thud.

My keeper at all costs and a pleasure to shoot is my NM M1A.

Of the guns that I own: My M1A SOCOM - especially since I wrapped a Troy MCS around it. Singularly my favorite rifle. Defies the purists hatred to the 16" M1A, is laser accurate, runs like a top and is just flat-out badass.

Of the guns that I owned: 20mm Lahti. Back in the day, 20mm was easy to find and in Ohio we had a range to accommodate it. It was not only NIB when I bought it, the Lahti was stupidly accurate and just a joy to shoot, (but not to haul around). It met it's sad fate in 1993, when the new owner had a house fire...[crying]

Of the guns I have shot, I would have to say that Uziduzit's PKM was a complete hoot....

Here's Vito with his baby...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e05BCfUoehE&feature=channel_page

Of the guns that I own: My Colt 1991 Commander. I salivated over it for months. It was my wedding present to myself.

Of the guns that I have shot: An M198 firing red bag. It's like wielding the finger of God via a lanyard.

If you go by reputation, a Winchester Model 52 with Olympic sights.
If you go by firepower, one of Uncle Sam's M-60s.
If you go by fun, M-79 grenade launcher, also belonging to Uncle Sam.

I guess I can add the full auto M2 .50 cal.

First time I ever fired one was on a qualification course and I scored expert. For falling in love that works better then a cupids arrow.

One of my favorite guns is a 1911 that was made in 1912. Real low S#. I don't shoot it often but I think of the history every time I pick it up. I fell in love with it the first time I shot it and bought a Kimber team match to shoot for an every day gun just so I wouldn't hurt the old colt. Some old guns like that just deserve that TLC.
I really like the history behind the old 1911 and because of that thinking I have never been able to warm up to an AK :)

Back
Top Bottom