• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Being pro-gun also means being pro-responsibility: We must oppose HB102

Personally I think guys like this are the biggest pieces of shit. I too love hunting and fishing and probably would be considered a fudd. I didn't get into modern sporting arms or whatever you want to call them till 2020. I'm not foolish enough to think that what's considered a deer rifle now won't be considered a sniper rifle 2 years from now. a**h***s like Ryan don't get that.

Nope, I know plenty of guys whose primary related activity is hunting and fishing and are still hardcore 2A supporters.

Some hunters are fudds and IMHO it is easily possible to be a fudd without having taken a shot at an animal in your life. Like there are some shotgun sports people that are like that
too... they may never have shot at a live bird, but they're just as much fudds as anyone else who has a half assed understanding of 2A.

Nope, I know plenty of guys whose primary related activity is hunting and fishing and are still hardcore 2A supporters.

Some hunters are fudds and IMHO it is easily possible to be a fudd without having taken a shot at an animal in your life. Like there are some shotgun sports people that are like that
too... they may never have shot at a live bird, but they're just as much fudds as anyone else who has a half assed understanding of 2A.

Being a Fudd doesn't necessarily involve owning any particular type of gun, though the stereotype is usually associated with hunting. There's people with ARs who believe in gun control or who don't mind supporting gun control enforced against people they don't like, e.g. minorities.

I've even met a machine gun and suppressor-owning Fudd in NH. He claimed that he had to take a training course mandated by the town police before he could buy a MG. Only problem is... no such requirement exists. Spreading stories about non-existent laws and requirements is Fuddery, in my book.

I believe strongly in the Second Amendment, I own plenty of guns, I shoot with my boys every chance I get and I believe in the right to protect my family. But I also believe in responsibility, safety, training and common sense. This bill is the equivalent of waving flames over open gasoline; the sort of action every ranch kid like me knows is reckless.

Permitless concealed carry, guns on college campuses and in bars? These are policies that make gun tragedy more likely and there is nothing patriotic about that.

huh...It's so easy to out ones self with one small word. What a cuck.

Definitely a narrow-minded man. He can't be "for" something without being "against" something. I have also owned rifles and shotguns all of my life. Fired a few revolvers (mostly single-action models) but never owned a handgun. My experience with automatic weapons is also very limited (.30 M2 carbine and the Ruger AC556). Again, never owned one. I enjoy hunting, fishing, trap/skeet and riflery. I believe that all Americans have not only the right to keep and bear arms, but also the right to choose which arms they need to fit their requirements. People are all different, with unique needs and interests. This guy wants elected officials to make those choices on our behalf. He couldn't be more wrong!

Either your Pro Gun or your not there's no shades of gray , I don't care if you like black powder or black rifles. The only law or regulation we should be governed by is the 2nd amendment.

I just have to point out how the violent crime / murder / mayhem / etc skyrocketed in New Hampshire after they passed Constitutional Carry (permitless ccw).

How many lives would have been saved if they'd kept it OC + CC w/Permit?

Being a Fudd doesn't necessarily involve owning any particular type of gun, though the stereotype is usually associated with hunting. There's people with ARs who believe in gun control or who don't mind supporting gun control enforced against people they don't like, e.g. minorities.

I've even met a machine gun and suppressor-owning Fudd in NH. He claimed that he had to take a training course mandated by the town police before he could buy a MG. Only problem is... no such requirement exists. Spreading stories about non-existent laws and requirements is Fuddery, in my book.
Was it an additional class to register his hands and feet because he was a black belt?

LOL calling bill ruger firearms royalty. Ruger was a fudd.
Bill Ruger might have been a Fudd, but he was foremost a shrewd business man. He knew that the growing popularity of higher capacity Glocks and ARs would eat into his own older pistol and Mini 14 sales so he did what any rent seeking corporation does; worked to have the new products banned.

Bill Ruger might have been a Fudd, but he was foremost a shrewd business man. He knew that the growing popularity of higher capacity Glocks and ARs would eat into his own older pistol and Mini 14 sales so he did what any rent seeking corporation does; worked to have the new products banned.

Which is kind of ironic, because ruger anything over 10 rounds sells like hotcakes. And that f***ing piece of shit mini, is a $1000 gun now, with $60 magazines. And they get it, all day long... because there is a weird cult that buys them. [rofl]

Kimber Statement on Montana
Constitutional Carry Editorial​

TROY, AL, January 27, 2021 — Kimber Mfg., Inc. has recently been made aware of opinion articles published respectively in the Sidney Herald (Sidney, Montana) entitled “Being Pro-Gun Also Means Being Pro-Responsibility” and in the Missoulian (Missoula, Montana) entitled “Being Pro-Gun Also Means Being Pro-Responsibility: We must oppose HB102”. The author of this article, Ryan Busse, is no longer an employee of Kimber and has not worked for Kimber since August of 2020. His statements and opinions expressed regarding the opposition of Montana House Bill 102 are not authorized by or attributable to Kimber.

“Kimber is a proud supporter of our Constitutional rights to keep and bear arms,” said Leslie Edelman, CEO and owner of Kimber. “We support organizations that defend these rights, and we are committed to providing the people of this great nation with the finest premium firearms available.”

Kimber Statement on Montana​

Constitutional Carry Editorial​

TROY, AL, January 27, 2021 — Kimber Mfg., Inc. has recently been made aware of opinion articles published respectively in the Sidney Herald (Sidney, Montana) entitled “Being Pro-Gun Also Means Being Pro-Responsibility” and in the Missoulian (Missoula, Montana) entitled “Being Pro-Gun Also Means Being Pro-Responsibility: We must oppose HB102”. The author of this article, Ryan Busse, is no longer an employee of Kimber and has not worked for Kimber since August of 2020. His statements and opinions expressed regarding the opposition of Montana House Bill 102 are not authorized by or attributable to Kimber.

“Kimber is a proud supporter of our Constitutional rights to keep and bear arms,” said Leslie Edelman, CEO and owner of Kimber. “We support organizations that defend these rights, and we are committed to providing the people of this great nation with the finest premium firearms available.”
Too late, he should have never been on the board in the first place.

I just have to point out how the violent crime / murder / mayhem / etc skyrocketed in New Hampshire after they passed Constitutional Carry (permitless ccw).

How many lives would have been saved if they'd kept it OC + CC w/Permit?
Yep...."blood will run in the streets" :eek:

More on the Busse/Kimber incident, from our Friends at "Defensive Use of Firearms" ~spwenger's DEFENSIVE USE OF FIREARMS: The Site & Its Logo

Regarding the op-ed opposing the bill to expand recognition of the right to carry in Montana, a list member forwarded this statement by Kimber:

Kimber Mfg., Inc. has recently been made aware of opinion articles published respectively in the Sidney Herald (Sidney, Montana) entitled “Being Pro-Gun Also Means Being Pro-Responsibility” and in the Missoulian (Missoula, Montana) entitled “Being Pro-Gun Also Means Being Pro-Responsibility: We must oppose HB102”. The author of this article, Ryan Busse, is no longer an employee of Kimber and has not worked for Kimber since August of 2020. His statements and opinions expressed regarding the opposition of Montana House Bill 102 are not authorized by or attributable to Kimber. “Kimber is a proud supporter of our Constitutional rights to keep and bear arms,” said Leslie Edelman, CEO and owner of Kimber. “We support organizations that defend these rights, and we are committed to providing the people of this great nation with the finest premium firearms available.”

However, as the list member who brought the Busse op-ed to my attention points out, Edelman fails to explain why FEC records show that he and Busse seem to have virtually identical records of donations to Progressive candidates and ballot measures. Gary Marbut, president of the Montana Shooting sports Association adds, “this twerp [Busse] never offered to aid MSSA with any of its firearm safety programs.” I assume that Edelman also has failed to contribute to any of MSSA's firearm-safety programs.

From Gary Marbut, MSSA

Krapber who? oh the same Krapber who hasnt been making like guns for the better part of a year? (admittedly, not all of it is their fault).

At this point I've come to define both Fudd and Anti the same way. Neither has anything to do with what you want for yourself; they're all about what you want for someone else. If you believe that others can't be trusted to select what's best for them (from abstention all the way to SCUDs) then your own collection of "weapons of war" doesn't change that you're anti-gun.

Maybe this makes me an absolutist? I think I'm getting more comfortable with that.

Back
Top Bottom