• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BCM or Colt?

Just got shipping notification and UPS tracking number. In under 2 days. Palmetto state armory, are you paying attention? This is how it's done.

Just got shipping notification and UPS tracking number. In under 2 days. Palmetto state armory, are you paying attention? This is how it's done.

Palmetto state is a joke all around, i wouldnt buy anything from them ever again, especially their crappy AR components. I ordered some "stuff" from them a while back, and when it came ,everything inside the box was all over the place, the packing was disgraceful.

Palmetto state is a joke all around, i wouldnt buy anything from them ever again, especially their crappy AR components. I ordered some "stuff" from them a while back, and when it came ,everything inside the box was all over the place, the packing was disgraceful.

Yeah, I forgot about that, but my experience was the same a few years back. Everything was just tossed loosely into an unnecessarily large box with not real padding to keep the stuff from bouncing around. I was also missing a few parts in a lpk, but they were good about sending more parts than I was missing, plus an embroidered hat, and an extra charging handle once I was finally able to talk to someone, but that was an adventure in itself! Bottom line is they made it right, but I'm not convinced it's worth the trouble with their less than stellar shipping times and procedures. My cousin recently ordered a holster, and a couple of other small things that were on sale, and they zapped his card immediately, but it took like 3-4 weeks to get the stuff![rolleyes]

Have to say Frenchman I am jealous.

I as of yet do not have an AR but hopefully in the next year or so I will get one and BCM is at the top of my list.

I usually just go over to G&R Tactical and wish I could order one up.

I know a lot of people build them but I think I would like to just order an complete upper and lower and put them together using back up iron to start with and than at some future point look at some type of scope.

Have to say Frenchman I am jealous.

I as of yet do not have an AR but hopefully in the next year or so I will get one and BCM is at the top of my list.

I usually just go over to G&R Tactical and wish I could order one up.

I know a lot of people build them but I think I would like to just order an complete upper and lower and put them together using back up iron to start with and than at some future point look at some type of scope.

I got my complete BCM lower from those guys. The upper I got from BCM. If you want the BCM Gunfighter stock, G&R includes it for $15.

I got my complete BCM lower from those guys. The upper I got from BCM. If you want the BCM Gunfighter stock, G&R includes it for $15.

Thanks for the info Varmint. Did you get an adjustable stock with yours and pin it or just ordered the lower without one? Thanks.

Not trying to derail your thread Frenchman.

Since this is a BCM gush feast, they posted this video yesterday.

I REALLY wish I was able to order one of those uppers when they were giving them away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info Varmint. Did you get an adjustable stock with yours and pin it or just ordered the lower without one? Thanks.

Not trying to derail your thread Frenchman.

Mine showed up with BCM telescoping stock and the FFL took it off and gave it to me. I later brought it back to be pinned. The BCM Gunfighter stock is really light, definitely worth $15! It's more difficult to pin than a Magpul though.

I will start out with a PA red dot with lower co-wit. It'll be replaced with an optic (Eotech or Aimpoint PRO) that goes with AA batteries, as funds allow. Rear backup will be Magpul pro or diamondhead, maybe Samson.

Magpull Pro BUIS rock i highly recommend them over just about any others.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

I prefer KAC's Micro rear sight, made out of block of steel and you can adjust it on the fly for up to 600M by turning to the corresponding distance. Also MaTech milspec are nice too.

Last edited:
I prefer KAC's Micro rear sight, made out of block of steel and you can adjust it on the fly for up to 600M by turning to the corresponding distance. Also MaTech milspec are nice too.

It appears the KAC rear sight is adjustable from 200-600 yards. What happens under that?

It appears the KAC rear sight is adjustable from 200-600 yards. What happens under that?

Under that range you die, you can only shoot at 200/600m

• 25/300 Meter Zero: Place a target 25 meters down range. Turn the rear sight drum to the "Z" setting and fire a 3 round group(s). Adjust the front sight post and rear sight windage knob until the desired point-of-aim/point-of-impact is achieved. If possible, turn the rear sight drum to the "3" setting and confirm zero at 300 meters.
  • 50/200 Meter Zero: Place a target 50 meters down range. Turn the rear sight drum to the "2" setting and fire a 3 round group(s). Adjust the front sight post and rear sight windage knob until the desired point-of-aim/point-of-impact is achieved. If possible, place a target 200 meters down range and confirm zero.

Once zeroed by one of the above methods, the rear sight's 200, 300, 400, 500, and 600 meter range marks may be used for engaging targets at those distances. However, because the range markings are averaged between rifle and carbine barrel lengths, the exact point-of-aim/point-of-impact sight settings may differ a click or two for a given rifle. If possible, fire your rifle at known distances and record your exact + or - clicks for each range. The rear sight's intermediate clicks between major range markings may also be used to engage targets at ranges such as 250 meters, 375 meters, etc.

Look at a 5.56 trajectory. Almost nothing is gonna happen from 100-200. It's the military. They don't shoot pins, they shoot chests.

Agreed and I understand that. I just thought it was weird that the sight was zeroed at 200 yards. For $130 a set I will probably stick with the Magpul Pro.

I like pizza.

The offset sights I have on the AR9mm are Magpul Pro. I was going to rip them off and sell them once I put the longer rail on but I like them now.

This is likely my next upper:

BCM-URG-11ELW-KMR10-2.jpg

(either that or I build my own with the KMR handguard and DD barrel)

Last edited:
Should we just start a BCM lovefest MEGATHREAD?

kidding.

sort of...

I'll drop a turd in the punchbowl(even after admitting to be a BCM whore earlier in the thread), I'm disappointed with the BCM stock - doesn't allow for different QD orientations. Will probably offer it up in the classifieds shortly.

Back
Top Bottom