• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BCM or Colt?

I'll drop a turd in the punchbowl(even after admitting to be a BCM whore earlier in the thread), I'm disappointed with the BCM stock - doesn't allow for different QD orientations. Will probably offer it up in the classifieds shortly.

For QD I use the end plate as an attachment point not the stock. The stock is a moving target whereas the end plate will never move. $0.02 (I hate their stocks too)

Colt is so 1960s, BCM beats colt by miles.
dW7NN0d.gif

Just unboxed it. Oh, the buyers remorse....NOT!
Friggin' thing is flawless. Came with a bunch of stickers, a hat that I'll never wear, 5 posters for someone with a man cave (PM me if you want them) and a small bottle of lube.
I'm a happy french camper. Next stop: handguard. Need to get my car fixed first tho.

Friggin' thing is flawless. Came with a bunch of stickers, a hat that I'll never wear, 5 posters for someone with a man cave (PM me if you want them) and a small bottle of lube.
I'm a happy french camper. Next stop: handguard. Need to get my car fixed first tho.

I think you need a permit to wear a gun-related hat in Mass. Otherwise I'd wear it.

I found the posters very 1980s, yeah.

The posters are to adorn the gym at your childrens' school.

I like pizza.

The offset sights I have on the AR9mm are Magpul Pro. I was going to rip them off and sell them once I put the longer rail on but I like them now.

Bigblue,

Can you explain and maybe show the offset sights you are talking about? Thanks.

Frenchman,

Any pics? Even though I am sure it will look like the ones from the website.

Agreed and I understand that. I just thought it was weird that the sight was zeroed at 200 yards. For $130 a set I will probably stick with the Magpul Pro.
A lot of people use a 200 yard zero on their 5.56 ARs. If your rifle is dialed in at 200, it will also be dead on at 50. Personally I'm a big fan of the 50/200 zero.

m193%20from%2016%20inch%20barrel%2025%2050%20and%20100%20zero%2002.jpg

Last edited:
Frenchman,

Any pics? Even though I am sure it will look like the ones from the website.
Naaaaah, looks just like the pics.
lets face it, $70 for a BCG, a gunfighter charging handle and a compensator, I couldn't really go wrong. Paid $509 for the whole shebang. The barrel alone goes for $239, the upper receiver for $120. The BCG is $169. Means, I got the charging handle, the gas system and the comp and delta ring assembly basically for free. I think I made out like a bandit.

lets face it, $70 for a BCG, a gunfighter charging handle and a compensator, I couldn't really go wrong. Paid $509 for the whole shebang. The barrel alone goes for $239, the upper receiver for $120. The BCG is $169. Means, I got the charging handle, the gas system and the comp and delta ring assembly basically for free. I think I made out like a bandit.

Very nice. Looking forward to hear how she shoots.

Bigblue,

Is the purpose of that so you can mount optics on top on use the offset sights if the top optics fail? Thanks.

- some how missed the first pic which I believe answers my question.

Last edited:

Thinking really hard about this, I may take the plunge with the SOCOM one.

Yeah. I bought them bc the first barrel was 5" long and the rail didn't have enough space for BUIS. I like to mount my Aimpoint fairly far forward and the front post just wouldn't fit.

Then stuff happened and I decided to keep them.

Let me just say that i hate you all....more accurately, my bank account hates you all.[laugh] I sold my "starter" AR a few weeks ago with plans to use the funds to build a better rifle, so I just ordered a BCM upper assembly, KMR and all. I kinda want to put this together on a Spikes "Honey Badger" lower, but my LGS says they're backordered. Maybe I'll do a Pirate lower....aaarrrrrggghh!!!!

Let me just say that i hate you all....more accurately, my bank account hates you all.[laugh] I sold my "starter" AR a few weeks ago with plans to use the funds to build a better rifle, so I just ordered a BCM upper assembly!!
I don't think you can go wrong. As far as the bank account issue is concerned: welcome to the club.
What profile/gas system length did you go with?

I don't think you can go wrong. As far as the bank account issue is concerned: welcome to the club.
What profile/gas system length did you go with?

I went with a 16" mid length upper, with 15" KMR. I wanted that little extra sight radius, and the ability to not have the muzzle device permanently attached, so I can do something different in the future. Looking for a lower now, since Atilla informed me that he sold his spare to you....dick [laugh].

I've got a small FFL near me that can an aero for $80 including transfer, so that's what it'll probably be.

What I noticed was that a long-ish handguard gave some people trouble on the V-TAC wall.
And yes, Atila's spare is my spare now. Actually, once I can get the handguard, it'll be a spare no more.

What I noticed was that a long-ish handguard gave some people trouble on the V-TAC wall.

I never really gave that a thought. I've never shot on a V-TAC, but I wouldn't mind making one up for the private range. Worst case, if shooting from cover turns it into an issue, I'll back it down to a shorter rail. Right now, once I get the rifle built, I'll be starting baby steps learning how to run it. Maybe the timing will be right and we can meet up at Major Waldron's for a zeroing session. Maybe we even get Ed to come along...

I never really gave that a thought. I've never shot on a V-TAC, but I wouldn't mind making one up for the private range. Worst case, if shooting from cover turns it into an issue, I'll back it down to a shorter rail. Right now, once I get the rifle built, I'll be starting baby steps learning how to run it. Maybe the timing will be right and we can meet up at Major Waldron's for a zeroing session. Maybe we even get Ed to come along...

IN. I am on lock down with family stuff this weekend, but I am home from here on out. Of course until the child is born, I will be right back on lock down for a little while after that.

Also, if down the road you find that you don't like your 15" KMR and want to go with a 13", you might be able to talk me into buying it off of you. I have a 18" SPR-ish rifle in need of a diet.

IN. I am on lock down with family stuff this weekend, but I am home from here on out. Of course until the child is born, I will be right back on lock down for a little while after that.

Also, if down the road you find that you don't like your 15" KMR and want to go with a 13", you might be able to talk me into buying it off of you. I have a 18" SPR-ish rifle in need of a diet.

Cool...I should get a hold of a lower then, so maybe we can do this in the next couple weeks. Might even recruit you to help me put the lower together, since I'v never done it. I'm not totally retarded, but i bet I could screw it up. You hear anything back from the club?

Cool...I should get a hold of a lower then, so maybe we can do this in the next couple weeks. Might even recruit you to help me put the lower together, since I'v never done it. I'm not totally retarded, but i bet I could screw it up. You hear anything back from the club?

Easy peasy. I will see what shape my garage is in (lol) when I get home, we can knock it out real quick. I have one I need to slap together myself.

As far as the club goes, I left the paperwork with my pregnant wife to handle before I left, I am sure it is still sitting on the kitchen table. [laugh]

And yes, Atila's spare is my spare now. Actually, once I can get the handguard, it'll be a spare no more.

I put everything together last night. Got a built out lower to my liking from an NES dealer, shipped to my FFL, and I picked it up. I ran a boresnake through it, lubed it, mounted BUIS and Aimpoint. Everything is staged at home, and if things go well at the end of the day, I'm gonna try to zero it tonight. If things don't work out for today, it'll probably be Monday. You two dudes are more than welcome either way.

.mine is not put together yet. I'm missing some stuff. I see KAC RAS going for around $150 used on the bay. I might just go for one with the next paycheck. And then, there's the issue with the optic mount. That's another C note. I got the RDS tho, from a group buy a while back.

Back
Top Bottom