• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bay State Arms

You're welcome... I was getting annoyed at all the conspiracy innuendos, and had to find out first hand.

Adam

Thanks for the info. I don't think it was a conspiracy theory. It's more like they are the only game in town for alot of us and I for one was getting itchy. Traveling to Manchester can be a real pain in the butt.

John

Mod Hat On!

As a "Truth in Advertising" move, I find the title of this thread misleading and aggravating as the saga continues on and on! Thus, I am taking out the "Grand Opening" (all caps) part of the title. When/If the owners actually have a grand opening, I suggest that they "join up" here and post it in the Paid Dealers' forum.

Just one Mod's opinion.

Makes sense to me. I for one find it misleading to advertise a grand opening that keeps getting delayed. When it actually comes to pass, hopefully Steve will let us all know.

Adam_MA said:
You're welcome... I was getting annoyed at all the conspiracy innuendos, and had to find out first hand.

Adam

Thanks Adam.

I'm going to see if I can't get a "kitchen pass" and head out tomorrow morning to take a look-see. It's been almost a year since I've been in there...

[shocked]

LenS said:
Mod Hat On!

As a "Truth in Advertising" move, I find the title of this thread misleading and aggravating as the saga continues on and on! Thus, I am taking out the "Grand Opening" (all caps) part of the title. When/If the owners actually have a grand opening, I suggest that they "join up" here and post it in the Paid Dealers' forum.

Just one Mod's opinion.

+1 on the opinion.

Another Mod

I happened to be in the area this weekend visiting relatives, so I stopped by. Here's what I saw: a nearly empty square room with a bunch of empty glass cases; a dozen or so long guns on a rack on the back wall; some guy relaxing in the back room; a few boxes of ammo behind the counter; and some big, scary looking guy with a funny-looking hat with the personality of a shag rug who stared at me like I was out to steal something.

Man, I got the heebie jeebies in that place.

Add to that the fact it was located in the back of seedy-looking establishment along seedy old route one.....

Wow! I hope they have a great range, because I see nothing else that would draw me back.

shocked.gif

USMA-82 said:
I happened to be in the area this weekend visiting relatives, so I stopped by. Here's what I saw: a nearly empty square room with a bunch of empty glass cases; a dozen or so long guns on a rack on the back wall; some guy relaxing in the back room; a few boxes of ammo behind the counter; and some big, scary looking guy with a funny-looking hat with the personality of a shag rug who stared at me like I was out to steal something.

Man, I got the heebie jeebies in that place.

Add to that the fact it was located in the back of seedy-looking establishment along seedy old route one.....

Wow! I hope they have a great range, because I see nothing else that would draw me back.

It's not the look of the place that counted hun. They've been in that location for something like 20 years. We had a lot of really good folks who'd come by to shoot, buy and shoot the $hit. The looks weren't all that appealing, but the company sure was. That's what made it so great. [grin]

I just got a phone call from a student who was up there - don't know what day, but.... He called to ask me about HHRG membership, however, he said he was told it would probably be a couple months. I don't know who was there that told him, but he said that's what they said. So...FYI all.

Ed and I got a call last night about the range. It's being cleaned up and a new back stop put in. It should only be a few weeks before they open back up.

Hot damn!! [banana] [banana] [banana] [banana]

I spoke to Walter a couple days ago. His hard drive died and he asked me to pass on that the RANGE is OPEN!! They still have a few little things left to do, and there's some things they can't do yet (like take credit cards) but the range is open for shooting!!!!!! I'm not sure what the new hours are, so iffn' ya want to head up there, you might want to call first. 978-465-5561 I think he said the rates went up a tad bit. He also said they've got some rentals and they'll be more coming in to choose from. Happy day!! [smile]

YEE-HAA WHOOP WHOOP!!!

[party][party][party]

A. F. T.

Looks like I know where I'm going on Monday...

I spoke to Walter a couple days ago. His hard drive died and he asked me to pass on that the RANGE is OPEN!! They still have a few little things left to do, and there's some things they can't do yet (like take credit cards) but the range is open for shooting!!!!!! I'm not sure what the new hours are, so iffn' ya want to head up there, you might want to call first. 978-465-5561 I think he said the rates went up a tad bit. He also said they've got some rentals and they'll be more coming in to choose from. Happy day!! [smile]

Nope, I didn't get to go. I kept myself busy with little projects in the house, and I had to help my father with some molding yesterday.

So....did ya go??? We were talking about going up today, but we got caught up in putting yet more things away and didn't want to stop. (I don't remember having this much crap before the flood [thinking] )

I stopped in, but I didn't have a chance to shoot (took the bike, not much room for gun cases in the saddlebags...)

The range is, indeed, open. It was VERY nice to hear gunfire again. [smile]

I'll be going sometime this week and/or this weekend - they're open until 9PM (they claim), that's late enough to get an hour of shooting in even after the kids go to bed...

Life. Is. Good...

I stopped in, but I didn't have a chance to shoot (took the bike, not much room for gun cases in the saddlebags...)

The range is, indeed, open. It was VERY nice to hear gunfire again. [smile]

I'll be going sometime this week and/or this weekend - they're open until 9PM (they claim), that's late enough to get an hour of shooting in even after the kids go to bed...

Life. Is. Good...

I've got students that I have to take shooting on Thursday night...I'm torn between going to the range or just taking them to the club....aw, what the hell...I'll take em' to Bob's. They'll need to know where it is so they can go shooting after they get their guns. [smile]

I just got a call from Walter. He's having computer problems so he can't post this himself...

To the friends of Bob's tactical (and to those of you who were thinking about giving it a try...) They're planning a party for the re-opening of the range on Sunday, Oct. 8th. It'll start around 2ish - and bring your appetite - they're having a cookout. So, come one and all - shoot, eat and see some old, or make some new, friends! [smile]

I'm now out of here for the weekend, so happy trails all. [smile]

Bob's Tactical Re-opening

Yes Virginia, there really is a Bob,s Tactical! We WILL be open `till 9:00 PM weekdays & 6:00 PM Sat/Sun. It`s still " work in progress", so please bear with us. We have a better backstop, so is less dusty & have installed better lighting so is much brighter now. We`ve ordered new carriages for target transport(be here any day). Ew`ve been promised heat on range this winter & AC by next summer. Also new furniture & inventory. Please join us on Sun 10/8 for food & refeshments( we`re trying to get a pig roast). I`ll enjoy matching faces to NES screen names, so please introduce yourselves! Lnne & ED will be there also.

Just a reminder of the cookout (pig roast, hot dogs, hamburgers, etc) at Bay State Arms (formerly known as Bob's Tactical) this Sunday!! Come eat, shoot and meet the new owners. The shindig starts at 1PM to 9PM (yes, 9PM).

The new hours of operation are:

Mon - Fri: 9AM to 9PM
Sat: 10AM to 6PM
Sun: 12PM to 6PM

For those of you who've been there before - you'll be amazed at the new lighting on the range. And they've got a bunch of neat guns for rent now, including a cool 1911. [smile] Ed and I plan on being up there around 1 ish, so look for me and say hi!

Just a reminder of the cookout (pig roast, hot dogs, hamburgers, etc) at Bay State Arms (formerly known as Bob's Tactical) this Sunday!! Come eat, shoot and meet the new owners. The shindig starts at 1PM to 9PM (yes, 9PM).!
You do know about the old Bay State Arms in Southboro, and it's general reputation as a customer friendly shop [grin] don't you?

Pig roast? When is this happening? Did I miss it???? [crying] [sad]

Just a reminder of the cookout (pig roast, hot dogs, hamburgers, etc) at Bay State Arms (formerly known as Bob's Tactical) this Sunday!! Come eat, shoot and meet the new owners. The shindig starts at 1PM to 9PM (yes, 9PM).

The new hours of operation are:

Mon - Fri: 9AM to 9PM
Sat: 10AM to 6PM
Sun: 12PM to 6PM

For those of you who've been there before - you'll be amazed at the new lighting on the range. And they've got a bunch of neat guns for rent now, including a cool 1911. [smile] Ed and I plan on being up there around 1 ish, so look for me and say hi!

I ran by there on Sunday to run rounds through a couple of my new guns. They were setting up for the roast and I unfortunately had to rush to work ( I only had 20 minutes of shooting time because I was running so late). I'm glad that they're back. I'll be back..

Back
Top Bottom