• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maga arms

CStirling8011

NES Member
Did business up at the mill a few months ago and had a good experience. Followed up a few days later inquiring about other models that I could be interested in and again had a pleasant experience with the owner telling me he would let me know when said models were back in stock.

Flash forward to tonight when I sent a simple email asking what models they had in stock and get an email back stating the hours they are open. I replied back that it was a long ride for me to the mill so I was curious of what stock they had. I get a rude email back saying I needed to be more specific because they had one hundred and some odd guns in stock. At this point I’m pissed since I had already purchased from this dealer so I wrote back that I thought I was pretty specific about what brand I was looking for and what lower I was looking for and that they did not seem to care about a repeat customer. I ended my email with a thank you and I got back a “your welcome” email.

Thought he was a good guy but sounds like he is a prick. I will bring my business elsewhere.

Why didn't you just tell him what you were interested in. They deal with a lot of customers can't remember everyone. I have sent a lot of referrals out there. All were very happy. Except for one he was kind of sensitive like you.

The mill is a great place to do business; I wouldn't write him off just yet. Sherif, Randy, Yakov, and Greg are all great to work with. Honestly, he probably doesn't remember you from your email. If you dropped by, he would probably recognize you. These guys have been slammed every Saturday with lines out the door.

I hear ya. Just saying stress is different and difficult
I’m 100% sympathetic to these dealers situations because if they don’t have guns they don’t make money. However if I send a simple email asking about specific inventory to avoid a long ride up “just to look” then I don’t need an attitude email back. All I am is a repeat customer looking to buy something they may have.

I’m 100% sympathetic to these dealers situations because if they don’t have guns they don’t make money. However if I send a simple email asking about specific inventory to avoid a long ride up “just to look” then I don’t need an attitude email back. All I am is a repeat customer looking to buy something they may have.
I hear ya. Just saying. He has a good reputation and worth second shot. But if you don't want to, that's your choice

I hear ya. Just saying. He has a good reputation and worth second shot. But if you don't want to, that's your choice
Seconded. MAGA carries a big stick ‘round these here parts. Lots of NES members have done business with him and the gang with 0 issues, just great builds and great shoots.

MAGA arms has been great every time I've gone, and one of the best attitudes of any FFL I've been too.

It sounds like he did answer that they had stock too. Without seeing the exact emails I'm coming to my own conclusions

Normally I would agree 100% with you guys about the email part. However when I emailed him a few days after my purchase he had no problem listing what glock models he had in stock. He set the baseline for email communication. I was simply basing my email based off previous communications and was not expecting the response I got.

You can't read tone in an email. If you are in the store for more than ten minutes you'll see him having fun with sarcastic responses to all the emails and calls that come in. You just have to take the ride and go put eyes on what you're looking for.

Normally I would agree 100% with you guys about the email part. However when I emailed him a few days after my purchase he had no problem listing what glock models he had in stock. He set the baseline for email communication. I was simply basing my email based off previous communications and was not expecting the response I got.
I hear ya. But I think you underestimate the amount of emails texts and calls he gets. Usually ill preface an email with hey I bought that blah blah blah gun from you a whenever ago and it's awesome. Thanks again. Wonder if you have... just to cement who I am.

I hear ya. But I think you underestimate the amount of emails texts and calls he gets. Usually ill preface an email with hey I bought that blah blah blah gun from you a whenever ago and it's awesome. Thanks again. Wonder if you have... just to cement who I am.
I’m not one to screenshot emails here but I started my email with the fact that I was previous customer and what gun I bought from him. I proceeded to ask the make of gun (didn’t specify model because I am open to a bunch) and what type of lower I want. I got a response that said I needed to be more specific since they had X amount of handguns and X amount of lowers in stock.

C’mon man nobody wants to hear that BS attitude when they are a repeat customer looking to buy more guns

You did not get an attitude email back. Sherif (he is MAGA) will ALWAYS say you're welcome if you say thank you. Think of it like pavlov's dog. You said thank you, he says you're welcome. Every time. He does not do sarcasm and does not understand it. Thank you gets you're welcome.

Based on the number of unique customers and repeats this year, I have to believe Sherif has seen over 300 people more than once. No way he is going to remember every face, every email, every phone number, etc. I get that from your perspective you are a repeat customer. If we did not have Biden lines every day we are open (I say we because I am one of the three businesses in that room) then we might get to know our new customers and remember them. Right now it is everything we can do to service the people who come in before they start a riot.

It sounds callus, but in todays environment there are far more customers than there are guns to sell. It takes every minute the shop is open to service the people in line there to make a purchase. If a few people fall by the way side because it is not possible to provide good service over the phone or by email or text, I am not sure that is the wrong trade off. Time limited. Stock limited. That leads to optimizing efficiency servicing the people physically in the shop.

I don't even answer my shop phone anymore when we are open.

Bottom line. Sherif is not a native English speaker, does not understand or do sarcasm or snarky, and is so busy he can't service all his customers. While he could have handled it better, it is not unexpected.

You did not get an attitude email back. Sherif (he is MAGA) will ALWAYS say you're welcome if you say thank you. Think of it like pavlov's dog. You said thank you, he says you're welcome. Every time. He does not do sarcasm and does not understand it. Thank you gets you're welcome.

Based on the number of unique customers and repeats this year, I have to believe Sherif has seen over 300 people more than once. No way he is going to remember every face, every email, every phone number, etc. I get that from your perspective you are a repeat customer. If we did not have Biden lines every day we are open (I say we because I am one of the three businesses in that room) then we might get to know our new customers and remember them. Right now it is everything we can do to service the people who come in before they start a riot.

It sounds callus, but in todays environment there are far more customers than there are guns to sell. It takes every minute the shop is open to service the people in line there to make a purchase. If a few people fall by the way side because it is not possible to provide good service over the phone or by email or text, I am not sure that is the wrong trade off. Time limited. Stock limited. That leads to optimizing efficiency servicing the people physically in the shop.

I don't even answer my shop phone anymore when we are open.

Bottom line. Sherif is not a native English speaker, does not understand or do sarcasm or snarky, and is so busy he can't service all his customers. While he could have handled it better, it is not unexpected.
You gotta be sh*ting me bringing English as his second language into this conversation. I asked him a simple question as a customer inquiring about inventory and I got a snarky response. Plain and simple. Don’t try to muddy this by him not speaking English as his first language. That’s a total cop out.

Ok and I was very clear I had pleasant experiences in the past working with Maga arms before tonight. What’s your point?

His point is that MAGA is your only feedback on the site, it’s positive, that means he harbors no ill-will towards you. Starting a thread coming at him is kind of a dick move. I understand people are feeling frustrated trying to get the guns and ammo they can, but we should be banding together now, not lashing out at one another over a little misunderstanding or perceived jab during an email exchange.

Did business up at the mill a few months ago and had a good experience. Followed up a few days later inquiring about other models that I could be interested in and again had a pleasant experience with the owner telling me he would let me know when said models were back in stock.

Flash forward to tonight when I sent a simple email asking what models they had in stock and get an email back stating the hours they are open. I replied back that it was a long ride for me to the mill so I was curious of what stock they had. I get a rude email back saying I needed to be more specific because they had one hundred and some odd guns in stock. At this point I’m pissed since I had already purchased from this dealer so I wrote back that I thought I was pretty specific about what brand I was looking for and what lower I was looking for and that they did not seem to care about a repeat customer. I ended my email with a thank you and I got back a “your welcome” email.

Thought he was a good guy but sounds like he is a prick. I will bring my business elsewhere.

Crackpot is being modest. You say you did business there a "few months ago". Do you have any idea how many people have gone through there in a few months?

2.5-3 hour waiting lines are NOT uncommon. There are threads about it. Sherif provides donuts and pizza. Four dealers doing nothing but background checks and a few more people helping out. They're doing the best they can.

Crackpot also missed the fact that you're not a repeat customer. You were a potential repeat customer that bought something once and had a conversation with him a few days later. That isn't a repeat customer and a few months ago means he has probably seen a thousand faces since then.

Also, when he says he needs more information, he means it. Asking what kind of ____ isnt really sufficient. There are 3 dealers in one room. All have inventory which changes hourly.

If you had called and asked if he had a specific model, then he would have told you yes or no. When he asked for more specificity, he was asking for more specificity - not being cute.

I guess I'm coming from a different perspective because I see what these guys are putting themselves through day in and day out.

I can only speculate that if everyone else could see what I do, that they would be far more appreciative - especially since they are a few trying to serve an entire state.

Back
Top Bottom