Bay State Arms

CFDR1Jake said:
Will Jim be available to check out my BAR? I had talked to him about it some time back but lost contact with him.

Call the shop and find out. He'll be there doing the safety courses at least, so you might be able to hook up with him. 978-465-5561

Still waiting..... [cry] I hope the shooting area will be a little warmer than it has been in the past. I hate shooting with my coat on. Hope to hear of the grand opening soon.

According to Bob's webpage, the grand opening is next month, "January 2006" to be exact. Can anyone narrow it down further to the date?

According to Bob's webpage, the grand opening is next month, "January 2006" to be exact. Can anyone narrow it down further to the date?

I just noticed the hours...

Hours:
Monday - 10:00AM to 9:00PM
Tuesday - 10:00AM to 8:00PM*
Wednesday - 10:00AM to 8:00PM*
Thursday - 10:00AM to 6:00PM
Friday - 10:00AM to 6:00PM
Saturday - 10:00AM to 6:00PM*
Sunday - 12:00PM to 6:00PM
*Safety course days.

Thurday, Friday and Saturday nights closing at 6:00??? [shock] Maybe it's me, but if I'm the new owner, I'd want to make sure the place was open. Can't make money when the door's locked - especially towards the end of the week when folks get paid.

Thurday, Friday and Saturday nights closing at 6:00??? Maybe it's me, but if I'm the new owner, I'd want to make sure the place was open. Can't make money when the door's locked - especially towards the end of the week when folks get paid.

Seriously! I normally don't get outta work until at least 6:00! Thank god Carl in Woburn is open until 8:00 on thursdays, or I'd barely have a chance to get anything. They should seriously reconsider closing at 6:00...stay open a couple hours later at least ONE of those three nights.

Hours are wrong on the website

We will be open until at least 8pm Monday through Saturday. We will also be open from noon till 6pm on Sundays.

The hours posted are from the previous owners and will be corrected shortly.

We are still waiting for the FFL. Most other aspects are in place at this point.

Feel free to email me or call the shop. We're there most days and we'll be happy to answer any questions directly if needed.

Thanks,
Steve in MA
Bob's Tactical LLC
(978) 465-5561

Is it just me or does this opening seem to be taking an unusually long time? Bob's has been closed for renovation since November. I can't understand why the FFL would take two months to arrive. I've been looking foward to going back for a while but my father is starting to think there's something not right if they still can't open at this point. Anyone else starting to question the delays?

Laura, from what I understand, the FFL wasn't applied for in November - I believe it was later than that, so that's probably why. They don't want to open the doors to the public until they can sell the inventory, and they can't do that until they get the FFL.

Lynne, we did file in November.

We did file in November. We are still waiting for the FFL at this point. There is nothing wrong except the fact that applying for an FFL takes some time to be approved. If you've ever dealt with an NFA transfer, you would know what I'm talking about. It takes on average three months for BATFE to approve an individual NFA transfer. It took longer than this to add me to the OO, Inc. FFL.

As I have said before, It's only a matter of time before we open. There are a bunch of positive changes that have been made to Bob's Tactical LLC. Customers that have been to Bob's in the past will notice this as they walk through our doors when we open.

Anyone, please feel free and give the shop a call with any questions. Jim and I are there from 10am to around 5pm every day and will be happy to chat with anyone. This includes firearm questions or anything related in general.

Thanks again,
Steve in MA
Bob's Tactical LLC
(978) 465-5561

I'm looking forward to going but it's getting close to the end of the month at this point. Hope we're not going to see the opening in mid February.... [cry]

Every time I see a notice in my Inbox for a new post to this thread I get all excited thinking that this post will be the one saying that Bob's is open for business... :)

I hear ya.
I haven't been there in what feels like forever. I can't wait to see the new shop/range!

Adam

Lynne said:
This is almost as bad as waiting for the LTC. [lol] [wink]

I've been waiting 10wks as of today for my LTC (yes, yes, I've already got the for from goal printed out...). I DO NOT like waiting... but I'm trying to be patient. (Lynne suggested getting a good book... I think I need a library!)

At least there are other places to buy guns and shoot... At least you CAN buy guns! I'm going to go broke renting at Manchester Firing Line!

Sorry for whining... not much else for me to do.

Laura, Please call me directly if you'd like

Laura,
I understand your concerns about the shop not being open at this point.

As I've stated before, it's only a matter of time before we open. Nothing is wrong, no snags etc. Everything is still moving in the right direction.

Instead of posting the same question repeatedly, why don't you just call the shop or my cell number and get the straight poop from me? Better yet...why don't you plan on swinging by the shop. Jim or I will be happy to show you what's already been done. I have no problems chatting about the specifics in person but would rather not post this info on the internet in a public forum at this time.

I will be more than happy to chat with anyone, just give us a call.

Thanks again,
Steve in MA

Sorry to interfere with your business and all, But what wrong is Laura doing? From the very beginning of this topic you have been outspoken about what’s going on over there. Now people can get the “poop” if they call you direct. You made it public, now it’s kind of hard to keep issues private. I can’t blame one for wondering what the delay is or wanting to know how much longer to wait.

My .02¢

Respectably,
B.J.

Thanks B.J. I post here because it's easier than trying to call when I'm supposed to be at work and I don't live close enough to stop by. I'm sure I would have at this point as I expected the opening to be as advertised, last month. You've got to admit, it's a little unusual to wait this long and most people, not just me, begin to wonder. Looks like the waiting game continues..... [roll]

Back
Top Bottom