• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bay State Arms

It was definately a nice pig. [smile] I stuffed myself. What time were you there Jelly? I think we left about 3:30 or so...

Hey hk - isn't it nice to be able to see the target now?? They've done a good job on the range, and from what I heard more is planned.

BTW all - they now accept credit cards again. [rockon] And, they'll be getting more guns in, including some Milsurp stuff. [rockon] [rockon]

Christmas Party at Bay State (aka Bob's)!

You're invited to a Christmas party at Bay State arms (formly Bob's T.) on Monday night, Dec. 18th. The range is open for shooting until 9PM and the pahty will most likely being going on for the whole evening. Y'all are invited to drop by and say "hi", have some food, drink and merriment.

90 Lafayette Rd. (Rte. 1)
Salisbury, MA

978-465-5561 iffn' ya need directions.

Ed and I will be there. [smile]

Update on the party - it starts at 6PM and I heard one of the boys say that the range will probably be closed down about 6:30-7PM - FYI.

Update on Range Improvements

Good news!! I've been told that the range is now heated! So you can go shooting and not turn in to an ice cube. [smile]

Pin shoots starting!!

Pin shoots have started at BS (formerly Bob's [smile] ) - every other Thursday night. Last Thursday was the first night, so a week from tomorrow (the 9th?) will be the next one. Call for more info on the shoots (and remember - the range is heated now - yipee!!) 978-465-5561

Do they use real pins? Or do they have steel pin plates?

I haven't done a pin shoot in years, but I might just stop in some time and give it a try.....

Pin shoots have started at BS (formerly Bob's [smile] ) - every other Thursday night. Last Thursday was the first night, so a week from tomorrow (the 9th?) will be the next one. Call for more info on the shoots (and remember - the range is heated now - yipee!!) 978-465-5561

Hmmm. I may have to stop in this weekend to find out more about the pin shoots...

[smile]

Do they use real pins? Or do they have steel pin plates?

I haven't done a pin shoot in years, but I might just stop in some time and give it a try.....

I believe they're using real pins dixi. You could give them a call just to make sure, but I know they were doing a search for pins before the holidays, so I'm assuming that's what they're using.

Drove up there on Saturday to check out a 1911 clone someone had told me about, and I had a fantastic experience. Got to try out the gun, and they didn't charge me a rental or range fee, even thought I didn't end up buying it. Ed was great - he talked to me at length about what kind of gun I wanted, and ultimately helped me to decide not the buy the gun. I was clearly a newbie, and he easily could have fed me a bunch of lines and probably could have sold me the gun. But he didn't, he gave it to me straight, and I really appreciate and respect that.

If the shop weren't so far out of my way, I'd be there every week! But the next time I'm taking my unlicensed friends to rent guns, we'll swing by there instead of the Boston Gun Range, even if BGR has a better rental selection.

The only thing I didn't like about the shop was the three full cases of guns with a big sign on them that says, "New Hampshire Residents Only, Not Mass Compliant." It was just another reminder of what a crappy state I live in...

Drove up there on Saturday to check out a 1911 clone someone had told me about, and I had a fantastic experience. Got to try out the gun, and they didn't charge me a rental or range fee, even thought I didn't end up buying it. Ed was great - he talked to me at length about what kind of gun I wanted, and ultimately helped me to decide not the buy the gun. I was clearly a newbie, and he easily could have fed me a bunch of lines and probably could have sold me the gun. But he didn't, he gave it to me straight, and I really appreciate and respect that.

Ed is a good guy. He wants new folks to enjoy being gun owners and will spend as much time with you as is needed - as you saw. I'll let him know you appreciated it when I see him next.

The same goes for the kid who was working behind the counter (I don't remember what his name was, but I think it was Russian or Eastern European). He was probably new, because he didn't seem to know a lot, but he made a great effort to answer all my questions, and provided great customer service.

The same goes for the kid who was working behind the counter (I don't remember what his name was, but I think it was Russian or Eastern European). He was probably new, because he didn't seem to know a lot, but he made a great effort to answer all my questions, and provided great customer service.

That was one of the owner's sons. He's not exactly on the payroll. [smile] (and it was Russian [wink] )

If the shop weren't so far out of my way, I'd be there every week! But the next time I'm taking my unlicensed friends to rent guns, we'll swing by there instead of the Boston Gun Range, even if BGR has a better rental selection.

The only thing I didn't like about the shop was the three full cases of guns with a big sign on them that says, "New Hampshire Residents Only, Not Mass Compliant." It was just another reminder of what a crappy state I live in...

That was you checking out the Ballister-Molina? I was the guy with the shaved head and the aluminum case filled with hand cannons...

Hey, Jay with the toys! Yes, that was me. I didn't end up taking the Ballister, but I found exactly want I was looking for last night at Zero Hour - a Ser. 70 Combat Commander in decent shape for 550. Took me about 30 seconds to decide it was coming home with me. I'm gonna take a long lunch this afternoon and go make some noise with it.
Anyway, let me know if you're down near Woburn some time, and we can go shoot at Mass Rifle - I'd love to take a couple shots with the .44.
Cheers!
-Christopher

Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up - the range fee at Bay State (formerly Bob's) has gone up to $20 per hour. Heating the range isn't cheap, I guess.

I thought we would get complaints when we raised the fee for use of our club's indoor range up to ten dollars per night for non-members. Now I guess it isn't out of line.

Bay State Arms - Salisbury, MA (NEW SHOP,NEW LOCATION)

I was informed today by Hiltonizer that there is a new gun shop in Salisbury, MA on Bridge Road.

So I swung by there tonight and there it was, didn't even know there was one there. It was closed but the sign said Bay State Arms and had under it Bobs Tactical, so I am guessing this shop is owned by the former owner of The Original Bob's that is a couple miles up the street. I have not been in here yet, but has any one on here been to this shop yet?

yes it's true, that is Bob Forests new place. His kid opens the shop on Saturday and Sunday. I would avoid at all costs, guaranteed no deals there and with all the crap Bob pulled when he was up the street i won't give him a dime.

Bob's Tactical.

I am not sure what this place is really called now but I purchased my first pistol from them (my first purchase ever). Service is good and some prices are higher that other places. They work to remember their customers and seem friendly.

The next purchase for me will likely be a Ruger SP101. When I priced at Bob's it was about $580.00 vs At Collectors Coin and Northshore Firearms it was about $430.00. I did not find out what other items come with the purchase. I have not tried to talk the price down at all to the same as the other shops but I am also kinda broke with my wedding in a couple months.

Here is the new information as of 07-01-2011 on Bob's Tactical LLC / Bay State Arms

Bay State Arms
Bob's Tactical LLC
130 Bridge Road
Salisbury, MA 01952
(978) 465-5561
www.Bay-State-Arms.com

Discount for LE, Military, State and Government personnel and their family

Bay State Arms is a small gun shop specializing in civilian, competition, military, law enforcement and tactical firearms.
We come from active law enforcement, military and legal backgrounds. We've been in business for twenty-five years.

Bay State Services:
Buy
Sell
Trade
Consignment
Transfers
NRA and LE Training
Weekly Specials
Ammunition
Reloading
One-on-One Training
Cleaning, Restoration, and Restoring