• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bay State Arms

Per request of James L. Ballou, Manager of Bob's Tactical LLC.....

Walter was correct Lynne......just giving the official word.

Bob's Tactical LLC will be opening its doors towards the end of October/beginning of November.

We are in the process of ordering a very large amount of NEW firearms and firearm related inventory.

The Massachusetts handgun safety course will resume as soon as the doors open.

The range will be fully functional.

There will be many positive changes.

I will keep everyone updated as things progress.

Feel free to call or email me with any questions or concerns.

Thanks again to all our customers...without you, this couldn't happen.

Steve in MA
[email protected]
(978) 430-7784

Bob's Tactical LLC
90 Lafayette Rd.
Salisbury, MA 01952
(978) 465-5561

Last edited by a moderator:
We're getting closer!!!

Thanks all for the friendly emails and messages.

We're still working hard at cleaning everything out and cleaning everything up.

Our main setback is the lack of liability insurance. Once we have our policy, we can open the doors to the general public. This should be approved very shortly. I don't want to give an exact date because of this, but as soon as I get the word, I will post it here.

We've been at the shop about every day for the last few weeks getting everything organized. We're answering all calls that come in at this point. We will start booking spots for the Massachusetts handgun safety course as soon as we get word about the exact date we will be opening.

Feel free to call the shop, we'll be happy to answer all questions or concerns if we're there.

Thanks again to all our customers, without you this wouldn't be possible.

Steve in MA
Shop (978) 465-5561
Cell (978) 430-7784
email: [email protected]

Thank You Jay G

Thanks Jay G. I can't wait to open. The support all of our customers have given is truely humbling. I really feel like this is going to be the start of a great adventure for me. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you real soon.

A special thanks to Jim Ballou and his wife Pat. These are the people that truely saved the day for Bob's Tactical IMHO. They have put in countless hours of their own time in the effort of making this a better place for our customers.

Thanks again to all our customers. Like I've always said, without you this couldn't happen.

Steve in MA
Bob's Tactical LLC
90 Lafayette Rd.
Salisbury, MA 01952
(978) 465-5561

Update on Bob's Tactical LLC

Things are still looking very good and we can't wait to open the doors to the public.

We are waiting for our new FFL and this is the hold up. Everything else is in place at this point.

Feel free to call or email me with any questions, ideas, or concerns.

Steve Hamel
Steve in MA

Re: Update on Bob's Tactical LLC

Steve in MA said:
Things are still looking very good and we can't wait to open the doors to the public.

We are waiting for our new FFL and this is the hold up. Everything else is in place at this point.

Feel free to call or email me with any questions, ideas, or concerns.

Steve Hamel
Steve in MA

Steve,

Does the FFL affect the range part? IOW, could the range be open even though you can't sell guns?

(Okay, now I'm just getting desperate...) :)

Either way, PLEASE keep ups posted!

Just as a guess, Jay - they probably can't open without insurance until they have an FFL and until they get the FFL they can't get insurance....but I don't know that specifically. Like I said, it's only a guess on my part.

Lynne said:
Just as a guess, Jay - they probably can't open without insurance until they have an FFL and until they get the FFL they can't get insurance....but I don't know that specifically. Like I said, it's only a guess on my part.

Yeah, I know...

Like I said, I was just getting desperate... Picking up a new gun tonight (Another SW99!) and I want to break it in ASAP!

Jay G said:
Lynne said:

Yeah, I know...

Like I said, I was just getting desperate... Picking up a new gun tonight (Another SW99!) and I want to break it in ASAP!

If I wasn't working 3rd shift, I'd take you over to HHRG. :D

More info

We will be carrying some AR15 stuff. Not a ton though.

We do not have the liability insurance yet.

We could open to shooters without the FFL (with liability insurance) but we wouldn't be able to buy/sell/rent firearms, sell ammo (linked to FFL), and would have no inventory at that point.

We want to have everything in place, including refurbing certain aspects of the showroom and range, before we open the doors to the public. These changes are happening as I speak. Once we have the FFL in place we should be able to open the doors very shortly there after. Our distributors have our inventory lists and are ready to ship as soon as we receive our new FFL.

Jim will be starting a Saturday morning MA handgun safety course. This will be weekly at 9am. Call for reservations. This is in addition to the Tuesday night and Wednesday morning course he teaches.

We will be taking reservations for the course once we receive our liability insurance.

Feel free to call or email me with any questions.

Steve Hamel

Bob's Tactical now taking reservations for MA handgun course

Bob's Tactical will now be taking reservations for the MA handgun safety course that Jim Ballou teaches. He will start teaching next week.

Times are:
Tuesday 5pm-9pm
Wednesday 10am-2pm
Saturday 9am-1pm

Please call ahead for reservations.
(978) 465-5561

Thanks,
Steve in MA

Bob's Tactical will not be open to shooters at this time

Unfortunately Bob's Tactical will only be open for the MA handgun safety course.

There are two reasons why we are choosing to do this. First is the lack of the FFL. We need the federal firearms license in order to perform the largest aspect of our business which is buying, renting, selling, and transferring firearms. We can't do this without the license. Without inventory, we are just an empty shell.
The second reason is because of the renovations that are currently in progress. We are in the process of refurbing the showcases including new plexi-glass tops, painting the shop floor, replacing the ceiling tiles, among a host of other projects. We've fixed many issues but are still in the process with others. We are also working on the range and wouldn't be able to do this if we were open to shooters.

We have decided to open the classroom because so many people rely on Bob's Tactical for the MA handgun safety course. We feel that this should not interfere with the work being done.

Please be patient, we are trying to make this a great place for everyone but it takes time.

Feel free to call or email with any questions or concerns.

Steve in MA
Bob's Tactical LLC
(978) 465-5561

Bob`s tactical re-opening

I`m delighted to see other people are in "withdrawal" about Bob`s. I`m the guy who worked Sun& Mon.`s there since 1989! You can imagine how I`m "Jonesing" as Mayor nagin would say! Ive been bugging Steve & Jim, glad they`re patient. The thought of paying retail for guns makes me ill- hope they open soon. When that finally happens, come in & introduce yourselves. We`ve probably already met, but can`t attach faces to internet names. Walter

Re: Bob`s tactical re-opening

walta44 said:
I`m delighted to see other people are in "withdrawal" about Bob`s. I`m the guy who worked Sun& Mon.`s there since 1989! You can imagine how I`m "Jonesing" as Mayor nagin would say! Ive been bugging Steve & Jim, glad they`re patient. The thought of paying retail for guns makes me ill- hope they open soon. When that finally happens, come in & introduce yourselves. We`ve probably already met, but can`t attach faces to internet names. Walter

Walter??? THE Walter? The guy who fixed the sights on my Winchester model 1906 pump action .22LR so that they didn't veer violently off to the left?

Good to have you aboard here at NES, Walter. Be even better to see you in person again!

Back
Top Bottom