Bass Pro Shop Rant

Ok, so I go in there this morning arround 10 am. There are THREE people behind the counter at the gun cases. ONE of them is really workin a guy well for a over under shotgun, being EXTREMELY helpful and attentive to this guy. The other two.. back and forth back and forth. I stood in front of the pistols for close to 10 minutes, WITH MY LTC OUT AND ON TOP OF MY WALLET... not one person asked me if i wanted to see something... I was in there to buy a Para LDA they have there.. a 950 $ firearm. Now, Ill take my business and my money elsewhere. I hate being truely ignored as a customer.

You're better off at Four Seasons or Zero Hour anyway. BPS prices aren't that good plus chances of getting a bonus extra mag or box of ammo out of them is a lot less likely than the other shops mentioned.

FWIW... I have nothing against Bass Pro. I probably sent Johnny Morris' kids through college with the amount of tackle I ordered from them when I was heavy into bass fishing. When it comes to something like guns in Massachusetts, unless its a deal I can't refuse, I like sticking to the privately owned shops.

Last edited:
one more reason to support the people who support our rights, the friendly local MA gun shop

The only reason i was really lookin is that I have 125 dollars in gift certificates for them!!!... now .. ive been there 3 times and havent bought a damn thing... karmas telling me something

The only reason i was really lookin is that I have 125 dollars in gift certificates for them!!!... now .. ive been there 3 times and havent bought a damn thing... karmas telling me something

Find out when CPher is working there and I'm sure he will hook you up.The times I was there I found out it does no good just standing in front of a case.I went and found someone.

Ah, in that case you need to find out when fellow NESrs C-pher or Snowjoker are working there and make plans to meet up with them.

I'd be willing to bet you can get that gun $100.00 cheaper at Four Season's or Zero, use the 125.00 in gift certifcates at BP for would be essentially "free" ammo at that point.

I just got back from BPS and had a GREAT experience (I think I even saw C-Pher, not sure, he wouldn't have recognized me).

I bought a Gamo Big Cat 1200 2 weeks ago and it just broke. I lost the receipt to send along with the gun back to Gamo to have it fixed, since in the box it says to not even bother returning to the store. Well, I brought it back anyways in the off chance that BPS might take the return, and they did and credited my debit card back. Very surprising to say the least that they'd take it with zero questions asked and were very friendly about the whole thing.

There's a small shop just down the road from BPS (some here won't go there, but I have no problem with the shop or owner) that has Para LDAs for approx. $850 or so...then you could go up to BPS and hook yourself up with a whole bunch of ammo...

Bass Pro is hit or miss. Excellent selection, so I go there a lot. But, sometimes customer service sucks, or they are just slammed with 800 people running around. The prices are way more than what you can find at other gun shops or online. But if you want it right away, they most likely will have it, so if I'm in a rush or if I want a good selection (of accessories for muzzleloaders for instance), I shop there.

Oh, and I get completely ignored at gun counter. I might buy a rifle or pistol on a whim, but it is impossible as I just stand there and they ignore me. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom