Bass Pro-On the wrong side of the AG already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the AG is listening to this forum, they're nuts. Most of us are so full of Bull Hockey they couldn't learn anything real. LOL

It must be someone pretty scary since Len has already informed us he is afraid of being the target of litigation if he posts this truthful information to the forum.
I don't think Len has anything to worry about seeing how somebody else already posted the town where the shop is located. Once you know the town you know who it is seeing it's the only shop there.

Darn, I missed someone posting the town. What town was it. (he said feigning ignorance)

Hey, doesn't TYPO work in sheet metal fabrication? Maybe we can get him to arrange a group buy of industrial strength Tin Foil Hats, and bring them to the Pumpkin Shoot.

Last edited:
Well not to go OT but if someone from the AG's office is watching us, I'd think they'd actually realize that Glocks are great guns that the the finest LEOs use in MA and outside. They are just as safe for us citizens as they are for LEO. Also, anyone that has had ANY level of decent training would realize that we would NEVER rely on a little peep hole for the LCI (loaded chamber indicator) as on other guns and we ALWAYS assume a gun is loaded. I could go on an on but I'm quite certain that you already know this.

Care to reply? Anyone?

No, the thing that really frosts me about this one is that it isn't being done "for the children", but supposedly for our own good.

Despite the fact that all the material the AG's office provided under FOIA didn't include any evidence of firearms expertise or professional input of any kind into creating the so-called "consumer protection" regulations, the AG's office actually believes that they know firearms better than any of us, and they are protecting us from being swindled and deceived by unscrupulous firearms dealers into buying shoddy, defective merchandise. Of course, they're perfectly willing to allow police to purchase these same unsafe guns, since they aren't as deserving of protection as we are.

I pray regularly for the day when a Massachusetts police officer is involved in an questionable shooting, and the plaintiff in a multi-million dollar liability suit subpoenas the AG. Scylla and Charybdis: testify under oath that the officer's gun (ant the guns of thousands of other police officers) was unsafe and defective, or admit the entire firearm "consumer protection" scheme is nothing more than a massive fraud perpetrated on the citizens of Massachusetts, with no factual basis whatsoever.

Ken

Although I have no proof, I've been told that there are two or 3 lawsuits about this very thing pending right now against local PDs.

I think that even if there where a judgment against the PD, there would be no change at all in regulation, and in fact, would be of no benefit to anyone, except the person that sued and is now cashing checks.

--EasyD

One way to solve the AG office looking in on the message board is real simple... I would bet that someone on this forum has gotten a email from the AG office.. Take that IP and just block the whole block from the web site... [grin]

Also you could have the IP of the user who posted a msg "stamped" on the msg itself so everyone could see... A number of sports forums I'm a member of implements this..

Sad that someone would even have to think about doing this.. but this isn't the same world that we grew up in.. [thinking]

Someone from the AG's office that was reading this forum on a Wednesday evening was likely doing it from home. Now do you block all Verizon, Comcast, etc. IPs too?

Many of us could also do dial-up if we really wanted to [puke2] where we would pull a different IP each time we logged on. Now what?

Proxies?

--------

I do wish we were setup like some forums that unless you are a registered member, you can't read any posts, but Derek decided not to go that way. That would also kill Google bringing up NES for searches.

The vetting process for preventing someone from the AG's office from signing up would be very time consuming, not foolproof and basically unworkable.

We know that we have some folks here that are really good people that work for certain gov't agencies. Do we exclude them too, even though they are genuine firearms enthusiasts?

It's not really simple.

But what is simple is that you shouldn't post things that are "gray areas" on ANY Internet site or Email!! The discussion here would be very different if a handful of people used some common sense before typing and hitting "send". [rolleyes]

Why would the AG even need to read the boards... they have there own snitch that does the dirty work..

Well, that's just it. This "dealer" who way back when this whole thing broke out was allegedly "proud" of calling the AG's office...Now, pages later he allegedly wasn't the "first or only one" ("but I wasn't the only one who threw spitballs Sister Marie")...Hmmm...Wether you rat first, or rat last - you're still a RAT!!!

It would also take him a sum-total of two minutes to register on NES, drop a post, (like he dropped the dime) and explain himself. Instead he's got folks attempting to post snippets from his E-Mails and help him backpeddle. Truly a class act. can't wait to go to his store and spend my hard earned money. Just remind me to take a shower afterward okay?

As posted earlier, anyone who has shared information on Massachusetts-friendly shippers with this guy may as well kiss them goodbye....

Actually, it's not the only gunshop in North Attleboro... just the one withOUT the range.

Are y'all freakin' happy now?
surpriselangue.gif

Was it Col. Mustard in the Library with the Candlestick?
Seriously.
A few folks PM'd me with the name of the (Rat)Dealer in question here. I've been to his store once and don't really care for Glocks. What bothers me here is the greed demonstrated by this individual and the effort to sell out his own "constituency", customers, and firearm enthusiasts because he could not compete with BPS. I strongly disagree with the AG regs, EOPS list, and mag capacity limits we have here in MA. I'd like to see them change. (fat chance) Dropping a dime on a new store violating these regs only strengthened the State position and validated what the State is trying to do. Not good for anyone.

Instead he's got folks attempting to post snippets from his E-Mails and help him back peddle. Truly a class act. can't wait to go to his store and spend my hard earned money. Just remind me to take a shower afterward okay?

He hasn't asked anyone I know of to help him backpedal.
Just because some of us disagree with your opinion doesn't mean we're on anyone's side. It just means we see things differently. That's one of our rights here in America, at least for now.

It's a good thing members don't have to take an IQ test to get in this forum. I'd miss some of the knuckle dragging Neanderthals whose answer to everything is kill it, destroy it or screw it up. I guess this dealer is the only one who ever did something he regretted the next day.

If you're reading this, and you think I mean you.... you might pass the IQ test after all.

I'm not trying to single out MassMark on this, just anyone who thinks we all have to think the same and act the same and do everything their way.

As for me, I state my own opinions, and I don't speak for or against anyone unless I believe what I'm saying.

I'm sick of this whole dealer thing, and I've been having fun with it all day.

Now it's getting personal about everyone's opinion.

We're all entitled to our opinions, and they are worth what you pay for them. Let's not drift off topic and start cannibalizing each other.

I could never bring myself to speak with Ted about this...is he acually sorry for what he has done?

massnee, from what I heard tonight, he's kinda crushed, This is what I heard... I can't prove it's a fact. Some of us get sorry for things we do, and some of us get sorry for things we get caught at. I'm not going to judge anyone else, because I don't want to be judged here either.

(We'll hit 30 pages dwarven...no sweat!)

massnee, from what I heard tonight, he's kinda crushed, This is what I heard... I can't prove it's a fact. Some of us get sorry for things we do, and some of us get sorry for things we get caught at. I'm not going to judge anyone else, because I don't want to be judged here either.

(We'll hit 30 pages dwarven...no sweat!)

Sometimes being crushed is a good thing - may help him to see the error of his ways. Perhaps a sincere explanation and oh, I don't know, an apology maybe for sleeping with the enemy may be in order?

Please excuse me from being one of the "Neandethals" - I never suggested in a single post that anyone destroy his business - it appears he's doing a pretty good job of that himself. If you read post #284, you're not exactly immune from being judgemental.

I do not and have not denied your right to choose your side in this debacle. For "not trying to single anyone out", you did a fairly decent job of doing just that....

MassMark, your reply shows you are a gentleman. Yes I used your quote as an example, but I was using it to illustrate that my position is my own.

You did not suggest that we destroy this dealers business, but many have.

I also agree with you that a sincere and open apology would go a long way. Admitting when you do something wrong is the start to fixing it.

NOW BELIEVE IT OR NOT.... I've managed to retrieve Ted's original post to me, and as I said,if I found it I would post it. Thanks to Derek and Boston 007 for their help in teaching me how to do it.

Here is Ted's post:

Thanks Bill, I appreciate your comments.

Just so you know I wasn’t the first to call, nor was I the last to call. They (management at BP) were notified by more then one person and it was their decision to continue to sell. No, they were not going to and never were going to fight the good fight with the AG. As surprising as it may seem the first notification to the AG was via NES, as NES members came home after their purchase at BP they posted on NES. Lens tried as hard as he could to remove the post but the cat was out of the bag very quickly.

I’m not a member or registered user of NES, if you want to post this on my behalf I have no problem at all.

Again, thanks for your memo.

Ted

Last edited:
Playing Devil's Advocate

Just for the intellectual challenge of going against the vox populi, I will postulate the following scenario:

1. A Major Economic Force arrives in the area, with all the attendant hoopla and media coverage;

2. Said MEF, like everyone else, has a duty to know and obey the laws concerning its operations;

3. Said MEF is, additionally, specifically warned about the peculiar, inconsistent and Draconian laws controlling certain of the goods this MEF has chosen to sell;

4. Said products are inherently dangerous; further, the sale and possession of said products are necessarily subject to both criminal and civil prosecution if not done in full compliance with said laws;

5. MEF is offered, but declines to accept, warnings and advice regarding its sales of those certain goods, relying instead on its economic clout to exempt it from the onerous obligations of lesser entities in the same market;

6. Said MEF then blithely sells certain products, not merely in contravention of certain vague, ill-defined and confusing regulations, but in blatant contravention of clear statutes;

AND (finally)

7. As the result of its unlawful sales of said products, not only is MEF committing unlawful acts, but it MAKES FELONS OF CERTAIN OF ITS CUSTOMERS by providing them with contraband the mere possession of which is proof of the crime (i.e., no intent required).

Query, gentle and patient reader:

Which is the greater potential harm to the Massachusetts gun owner:

1. The media firestorm resulting from the inevitable discovery that said MEF has been selling "HIGH CAPACITY AUTOMATIC HANDGUNS, including PLASTIC GUNS THAT GO THROUGH METAL DETECTORS AT AIRPORTS (1 week before The Busiest Travel Day of the Year!) because firearms sales are not properly regulated;

OR

The story is a non-starter because MEF's irresponsible actions were promptly curtailed when a Responsible Local Dealer duly notifies the proper authorities before said actions created a Major Problem requiring further legislative and administrative (that's the AG, folks) "remedies."

Just some more fuel for the ongoing conflagration.

No need to thank me; it's what I do....... [wink]

From what I understand the only way someone would be a felon is if there were some high-capacity magazines included with some of these firearms. Otherwise they're perfectly legal for whoever bought them to keep, it's all on the dealer.

From what I understand the only way someone would be a felon is if there were some high-capacity magazines included with some of these firearms. Otherwise they're perfectly legal for whoever bought them to keep, it's all on the dealer.

You are correct.

IF the dreaded "Large Capacity Magazines" were NOT part of the sale of non-compliant guns.

BIG "if."

Remembering how the Glob did a front-page story in the early "80's on how an 16-year old with a mere FID card could possess - GASP - shotguns and "assault weapons," I can imagine what breathless "revelations" it would plaster on the front page if a certain National Retailer waltzed into the Bay State and indiscriminately sold "unsafe" pistols with "large capacity magazines" (excuse me; "clips").

Think I'm exaggerating? Three words:

"Gun Show Loophole" [puke]

great, even though this "mishap" was "nipped in the bud" [rolleyes] either by tip from a dealer or diligent AG office, I wonder how long it takes before it hits the Globe or Herald front pages?

I can see the sensationalized headlines now:

"BPS sells illegal guns to the public on opening night endangering the general public and undefeated patriot players in house!"

Well, now that the rat is out of the bag! [wink]

Ted made the announcement and admitted to being very proud of himself for doing it at a MF&G Special BOD Meeting last Thursday night. I was late getting there and they were discussing this and some other issues prior to my arrival. There were 7 of us present including Ted and myself in the room that heard his comments.

Although I know the sad story of the Glocks, I do not even read/study the EOPS List but really do rely on dealers to know what is on it. Ted kept saying that what BP was doing was a "crime" and I kept correcting him that it was only AG Regs, which is a civil matter.

It wasn't until after that Thursday evening meeting that I did some reading of the EOPS List and realized that some of the guns that were for sale at BP weren't even on the EOPS List.

At this point I am not ready to believe that Ted, as president of the MA dealers association invited BP to join and offer some "counseling" while construction of BP was progressing. That would have been the smartest way to prevent what occurred.

I do indeed think that Ted has hurt himself and his business seriously. I do not call for a boycott, but I certainly will think twice before trusting him.

Ted does read what is posted here publicly but has no desire to register and post anything, at least that is what he told me many moons ago. At this point I don't think that he can say anything that will recover his previous good name!

Just hypothetical,

A licensed Electrician/Plumber/Contractor (insert your occupation here), knows of a person/entity operating in the same business without said license. Should they report the person to the proper authorities or would that make them a "RAT"?
Take it a step farther and say the latter business is licensed but is routinely ignoring applicable codes or permitting to increase profit margin at the potential expense of the customers safety. Would we boycott the tradesman who turned them in?

Some food for thought.

Just so you know I wasn’t the first to call, nor was I the last to call. They (management at BP) were notified by more then one person and it was their decision to continue to sell. No, they were not going to and never were going to fight the good fight with the AG. As surprising as it may seem the first notification to the AG was via NES, as NES members came home after their purchase at BP they posted on NES. Lens tried as hard as he could to remove the post but the cat was out of the bag very quickly.

Translation: "I knew they would get in trouble but I lobbed an
extra grenade in their direction just to make sure. "

[rolleyes]

-Mike

BP also owns a lot of responsibility here!

Their Corporate Legal Dept should have sought and hired a competent firearms attorney in MA to assist them in walking thru the minefield that is a MA gun dealer's bane!

I am familiar with large scale developments (served on town commission for ~27 years) and almost always the out of town/state developers hire a local attorney to help them with the ZBA and various other Boards in a town. No different here!

BP took the "smartass approach" that their corporate lawyers "know all" and can handle it themselves. WRONG!! Something about "boots on the ground comes to mind here"! They obviously blew it.

Take it a step farther and say the latter business is licensed but is routinely ignoring applicable codes or permitting to increase profit margin at the potential expense of the customers safety. Would we boycott the tradesman who turned them in?

I see your logic but I fail to see how this particular incident is anywhere near
resembling the severity of what you describe above. A hack electrician
doing bad work can get someones house burned down. A guy with an
LTC-A getting a glock he wasn't "supposed" to doesn't present the same
level of "community danger" (if we're going to use that tack), unless of
course you believe the AG's assertions that somehow a Glock has supernatural
powers in terms of its "extra" dangerousness to a consumer. [laugh]

The only things that BPS selling glocks "hurt" was the rear end
of the AG's office for the collective wadding of their panties and
at least those of what appears to be one, maybe more, bitter
dealers. Overall, an intoxicated man stealing a gumball machine in a
mall being chased by several mall cops simultaneously is a
FAR greater danger to society.

FWIW, I'm not trying to be a douche, its just that in this regard we
probably should put things into perspective.

-Mike

Last edited:
I would have liked to see BP get more vested in selling Glocks and other contraband firearms then put up a fight to defend themselves so that EVERY dealer could benefit.

Now, before you chain me to the table and tickle me until I pee, hear me out on this............I am not going to argue the point what if Bass Pro got shut down, fined or what ever you may argue, the point being that they got the bucks and the small dealers do not.

I can't help but wonder what could have been. I heard that BP is owned by a guy who doesn't take too much crap from people or stupid gun laws made to prosecute the law abiding citizen.

Point is, there is a lot of finger pointing and name calling and it just stupid childish jealousy or nervousness on the part of some people. To quote someone smart, "why can't we all just get along" I think with a little ingenuity on the part of store owners everyone can succeed in these trying times. (bad economy)

If the guy down the road sells some brand x cheaper than your same brand x find the new brand y and sell it, sell the crap outta it!

Well, it is what it is, maybe now it's a lesson learned, if I wanna look smart I will have to just sit in the corner and shut up. I rarely do!

Now it's up to gun dealer associations and GOAL to keep the state NAZI's in check, so help them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom