Bass Pro-On the wrong side of the AG already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats happening!? They are still 25%-35% higher then out of state... even 2-4 year old HKs are more then new...

Is that cheaper then last year!?[rolleyes]

They still demand a premium price here in Mass, but the overall price for them has come down. I bought a USPc 45 from another member about 2 years ago and I luckly was the first one to say I'll buy it with several other members lined up behind me in case I decided to pass.

The price I paid is $50-$100 higher then other USPc I've seen for sale now in the classified ads. Even at those lower prices, they don't seem to be moving as fast as they once did. It doesn't bother me all that much as I do not plan on selling anyway.

I guess I don't understand your point. Where did you get this from what I posted?

You said "That's how you survive in business. Worry about your own business model and keep your customers happy."

I was talking about NE Trading being cozy with the AG office didn't seem like a good way to keep customers happy...

You said "That's how you survive in business. Worry about your own business model and keep your customers happy."

I was talking about NE Trading being cozy with the AG office didn't seem like a good way to keep customers happy...

From his comment last night, he doesn't seem to be worried in the least bit.

Time will tell what toll, if any, it takes on his business.

Ah, gotcha![wink]

From his comment last night, he doesn't seem to be worried in the least bit.

Time will tell what toll, if any, it takes on his business.
What comment?

Ted called me this afternoon. He said that his comment (rather inane, nothing to do with guns/ammo directly) to me last night was meant as a light-hearted attempt to say "no hard feelings". OK.

I interpreted it a bit differently at the time.

He admitted that he dimed out BP to EOPS and they had the AG call him in response.

He claims that he didn't have anything with the mail-order ban by the AG. I told him to square away what did/didn't occur with qmmo (who posted this on NES).

He claims that he didn't contact the Foxboro PD wrt BP having ammo out and selling guns/etc.

I'm not sure what to think at this point, other than diming out BP was a stupid thing to do, and I told Ted as much.

He claims that he didn't contact the Foxboro PD wrt BP having ammo out and selling guns/etc.

I'm not sure what to think at this point, other than diming out BP was a stupid thing to do, and I told Ted as much.

I spoke with another attorney this morning as we were waiting for our case to be called. He said he was at BPS buying an M+P when someone came up to the counter to notify the clerk that the ammunition displays were not locked. This sheeple thought it was an oversight, if not a menace, and was apparently surprised to learn that this was not only legal, but standard policy.

It is entirely possible that some soccer mom or Fudd complained to the Foxboro chief about the Menace to the Children posed by lawful goods being displayed for sale to the lawful purchasers. [puke][puke2]

It is entirely possible that some soccer mom or Fudd complained to the Foxboro chief about the Menace to the Children posed by lawful goods being displayed for sale to the lawful purchasers. [puke][puke2]

It's entirely possible. I would think that the reason that Walmart and Dicks lock their ammo up is loss prevention. They also look up many electronics and other "high value" items. That indeed might be a corporate decision and not vary one whit across the corporation.

Smaller stores such as Four Seasons, Collectors, Zero Hour, etc., have less in the way of floor traffic and pretty much be definition a more law abiding clientele. Who is going to risk their LTC and criminal sanctions for a box or two of ammo. Someone who doesn't have a FID or LTC and is in a store looking at CDs or soccor shoes might just grab a box of ammunition on the way out the door, from curiousity if nothing else.

At least that's my thought.

Gary

So many people are uneducated about firearms that I suspect they think ammunition can spontaneously explode, just like they think that guns can "just go off" by themselves...

That's because every time someone - especially a cop - has an ND, it's because "the gun went off." [rolleyes]

We're in a culture now where schools are locked down when someone finds a single cartridge. It is even worse in the UK:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/low/uk_news/england/2738785.stm

So many people are uneducated about firearms that I suspect they think ammunition can spontaneously explode, just like they think that guns can "just go off" by themselves...

Heck, we're beyond that here now. In this thread a Stonehill dorm was evacuated because someone found empty shotgun shell boxes in a parking lot!

You are - this is the way business works. Competition either makes you work harder/differently or you go out of business. Good companies that make it easy for customers to buy from them will survive any big-box store that moves into town. Would a BPS cause Four Seasons any heartburn? I don't think so. It might even enhance their business bringing people into town that wouldn't necessarily ever go to Woburn. Why? Because FS is a great gun store will great customer service and relations. That's how you survive in business. Worry about your own business model and keep your customers happy.---reinbeau

You’re not telling me anything I don’t already know except your opinion which I may not agree with. I’m assuming that there is something that I missed, in either Depict’s post that you rebutted or in your rebuttal, that would alter my take of what you said, but I don’t see it.

My last post was an attempt at being kind while respectfully extracting myself from this thread and nothing more.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Perhaps I missed an earlier message, but is the guy

Ted Ovens
Northeast Trading
In Attleboro?

I want to make sure I don't spend a penny there.

It's entirely possible. I would think that the reason that Walmart and Dicks lock their ammo up is loss prevention.

I'm sure that it is. But we've been told that the price of LP vs. the cost to have two employees STANDING around the glass cases to let someone in to get ammo is not worth locking up the glass. So, it's unlocked. Not to mention that the owner said that he want's product accessible to the customer.

I'm sure that it is. But we've been told that the price of LP vs. the cost to have two employees STANDING around the glass cases to let someone in to get ammo is not worth locking up the glass. So, it's unlocked. Not to mention that the owner said that he want's product accessible to the customer.

Two employees? Walmart never has ANY. You have to wander around until you find the sporting goods guy, who is also the kids toy guy. And he fills in over at auto parts too.

Dicks is actually better because the ammo is behind the counter where the guy works.

Gary

Not today! I was there about 1030 to buy some cleaning brushes and stuff. I walked by the ammo cases and noticed that once again, they were locked up.

Also, I'd advise people not to buy the Hoppe's bore light. What a piece of junk.

Gary

Just refreshing my memory as to why I can't get cheap ammo in MA again.

bump7.jpg

**BUMP**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom