Bass Pro-On the wrong side of the AG already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have any idea which shop is the subject of this thread and I'm too far away and have no interest in BPS. I don't know how BPS reacted if and when they were told, nor do I know the dealer's rational for notifying BPS or the AG.

What I don't understand is so many jumping on the bandwagon to put a dealer out of business. Maybe we can do what some politicians of large cities can't...shut down the local dealers to the legal and responsible gun owner.

I can't say I'm familiar with the climate of firearm's dealers in MA but it seems if BPS was not operating in accordance with the rules of the MA AG's office, they were going to be found out sooner or later. Maybe later gets their license pulled. Sooner, maybe they get a warning or a small fine. Don't know.

Funny how so many of us won't share the name of a vendor who will ship to Massachusetts (if there is one), and yet we're so ready to cut the balls off someone here, because we won't bare our souls to people with 13 posts using an anonymous handle.

Well this situation just shows why people don't share info like that, you tell the wrong person and thats it. I wonder if you told this deal who ships here if he would turn them in...

Well this situation just shows why people don't share info like that, you tell the wrong person and thats it. I wonder if you told this deal who ships here if he would turn them in...

I bet you he would! $$$ out of his pocket..

Most will not post who will ship to Mass in fear of the AG reading the post... but its SAD to realize.. its not the AG reading the post.. its the dealer who we thought shared our pain in living in Mass that we need to fear..

Why would the AG even need to read the boards... they have there own snitch that does the dirty work..

So then why was he boasting about getting the AG on them to LenS on Thursday night if they knew already? Sounds like he's backpedaling quick...

and how would he know if more dealers called the AG unless he called AGAIN?
Backpedaling and damage control all the way. Just like Zumbo he has realized he might of been better off keeping his mouth shut.

Most will not post who will ship to Mass in fear of the AG reading the post... but its SAD to realize.. its not the AG reading the post.. its the dealer who we thought shared our pain in living in Mass that we need to fear..

Why would the AG even need to read the boards... they have there own snitch that does the dirty work..

This is why I am so angry about this, I don't even really like Glocks...

+1

BTW, according to the dealer in question, the AG's office regularly reads the posts on NES for violations or places that they can sting! [He claimed to me that the AG's people were reading the posts here by those that had just returned from the BP grand opening.]

So keeping info to ourselves is a wise move, unless you absolutely trust the person you are sharing info with.

BTW, according to the dealer in question, the AG's office regularly reads the posts on NES for violations or places that they can sting! [He claimed to me that the AG's people were reading the posts here by those that had just returned from the BP grand opening.]

So keeping info to ourselves is a wise move, unless you absolutely trust the person you are sharing info with.

+1 Loose lips sink ships!!

I hear you Ripach, and good for you for doing more research. I'm not going to call for others to do the same as I do, but there is an alternate understanding of your stated reasons:

Bass Pro deliberately decided that they were not going to comply with the undocumented extortion of the AG's office based on the word of others. They may even have decided to pick the fight for the good of us all. We shall see.

The dealers who called were acting out of short-sighted fear and self-interest. Rather than try to pull Bass Pro down to the field level they've been at, maybe they should have joined Bass Pro to try to raise the playing field for everyone.

The dealer in question embellished his complaint to make sure it was heard.

Not if it galvanizes dealers to band together to take on the AG's extortion.

I just have a real problem with dealers turning other dealers in for things like this. It perpetuates and reinforces the extortionate tactics of the anti's. The possibility that it was more than one dealer called only tells me that more than one dealer has been cowed into submission. I don't see the business, or even moral, downside to not calling in on such "violations": A rising tide floats all boats.

Kevin,
Those are all valid arguments that I can not challenge with any certainty or fact. I can only voice my opinion which I have formulated based on the information presented to me. As I stated previously, maybe I am being naive, but the person in question seemed genuine in his responses to me. That said, I also agree with Mark that the beauty of this country is that we are all free to decide for ourselves if we want to boycott or not.

I wish we could all rally against someone this rapidly and with as much vigor around election time, then maybe this discussion would become moot.

grain of salt

although I agree with your conclusion

Does anyone know where I can find a tin foil hat?

I know I could make my own, but I would feel so much safer knowing I got one from a source with extensive fabrication experience!

I find that assertion entirely plausible. Further, it has been stated on this forum many times as the reason we don't allow the posting of those (damn few) dealers who still ship to this nanny state.

Moreover, I have been to this dealer and was shown a print-out of LenS' post on how "What happens in Foxboro stays in Foxboro!," apparently FAXED to this dealer by an AAG. I also received a message from A Certain State Employee when I posted the e-mail about BATFE trying to shut down the Hanson MG Shoot this past May.

In short, there IS evidence that the AG's office (and, perhaps, BATFE and/or DHS) monitor this forum.

But it's all for The Common Weal, Public Safety and The Children, you realize........ [rolleyes]

It strikes me as odd that any dealer in MA would not read and/or participate in this forum as it was said about the suspect dealer. Especailly seeing as he knows the AG monitors it.

It just seams to be really bad/stupid business practices to not take advantage of this place and REALLY get to know your target market, your competition and see what the overseeing warlord AG is watching.

Moreover, I have been to this dealer and was shown a print-out of LenS' post on how "What happens in Foxboro stays in Foxboro!," apparently FAXED to this dealer by an AAG. I also received a message from A Certain State Employee when I posted the e-mail about BATFE trying to shut down the Hanson MG Shoot this past May.

In short, there IS evidence that the AG's office (and, perhaps, BATFE and/or DHS) monitor this forum.
While I find this very disturbing - kind of like finding out that there's a peeping tom in the neighborhood - I think that we owe the AG's office a thank you. Now we KNOW that they've gone past trying to keep track of whateverthehell it is that an attorney general is supposed to do and on to watching the lawabiding citizens.

watchful_eyes.jpg

Nice to know that George Orwell was so prescient... NOT.

I find that assertion entirely plausible. Further, it has been stated on this forum many times as the reason we don't allow the posting of those (damn few) dealers who still ship to this nanny state.

But it's all for The Common Weal, Public Safety and The Children, you realize........ [rolleyes]

Hmm!

Now I have to wonder if the same dealer may have dropped a dime on all the out-of-state places that USED TO SHIP to MA??

I guess I wouldn't be surprised if he has a "hot-line" to the AG's office every time he sees competition from sources he doesn't approve of (Internet, mail order, "crossing the border", etc.)??

That could also account for why many of these dealers are very pleased with the "status quo" (difficulty in getting goods here). It could also even be the "official position" of the afore-mentioned, probably defunct dealers association.

Inquiring minds want to know?

Len, I think you may be on to something .......funny how suddenly the "story" is changing as the days tick by.

It must be someone pretty scary since Len has already informed us he is afraid of being the target of litigation if he posts this truthful information to the forum.

No, the thing that really frosts me about this one is that it isn't being done "for the children", but supposedly for our own good.

Despite the fact that all the material the AG's office provided under FOIA didn't include any evidence of firearms expertise or professional input of any kind into creating the so-called "consumer protection" regulations, the AG's office actually believes that they know firearms better than any of us, and they are protecting us from being swindled and deceived by unscrupulous firearms dealers into buying shoddy, defective merchandise. Of course, they're perfectly willing to allow police to purchase these same unsafe guns, since they aren't as deserving of protection as we are.

I pray regularly for the day when a Massachusetts police officer is involved in an questionable shooting, and the plaintiff in a multi-million dollar liability suit subpoenas the AG. Scylla and Charybdis: testify under oath that the officer's gun (ant the guns of thousands of other police officers) was unsafe and defective, or admit the entire firearm "consumer protection" scheme is nothing more than a massive fraud perpetrated on the citizens of Massachusetts, with no factual basis whatsoever.

Ken

The Massachusetts AG's office reads this forum?

In that case, I have two messages for them:

1. Kiss my ass

2. Greetings from New Hampshire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom