• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bad vendor policy

When a vendor references an Act from almost 50 years ago to absolve themselves from any liability, it just looks bad. The way that was statement on their website was worded is just condescending and rude to people who are spending big money buying your stuff. Just a simple statement saying that 'we will do everything possible to make you a satisfied customer' would go so much further and then if the customer is being overtly unreasonable, then you pull out the MM nonsense.

I've bought a lot of stuff from area419 for my bolt actions, they make great stuff and when it's on sale it can be a good deal.

they have gotten a little stuck up lately, and with their new press they definitely have a bit of an attitude when it comes to shipping and other policies.

They do that maybe one out of fifty packages, not on all of them. If it comes USPS or UPS, that never happens at all. Once in a great while, they show the GPS tracking and the number of stops from me that the truck is.

Overall though, Amazon is pretty good. For that matter, so is the USPS although their tracking is spotty. I've had packages delivered that the website shows either still in transit or have dropped off the screen totally.

You'd think all the carriers would do the same as Amazon. Tablet records the GPS coordinates on delivery and driver takes a photo. Not perfect but at least you know at one point in time said package was there.

I've bought a lot of stuff from area419 for my bolt actions, they make great stuff and when it's on sale it can be a good deal.

they have gotten a little stuck up lately, and with their new press they definitely have a bit of an attitude when it comes to shipping and other policies.
And a lack of understanding when they say the customer will have to file the claim with the shipper. That would only work with a service like UPS Call Tag.

Aimsurplus has some lame shipping BS also. They offer additional fees to cover lost packages, etc

Back
Top Bottom