• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Illegals get guns, and badges and arrest powers.

@Mellero47 & @milktree

Whether they are productive or not aside…. Why in the world would we continue to incentivize illegal behavior in a time when nearly/over 10 million people have entered this country illegally in the past few years? Incentivization (is that a word?) is just as much to blame for the governments failure to secure the border.

This is not sustainable.

I agree, "being productive" is at best a red herring, and at worst a deliberate distraction.

Having said that: You can't incentivize someone without agency. It's not like a three year old is thinking, "Hey, if we go to the US now, I'll get to stay and become a cop and then take over the US from the inside"

If you have to lie to support your position, your position is indefensible.
What was the lie?
A Somali born dude with a badge and a gun wasted an innocent person.
Someone gave him a piece of paper and that made him born again American?
Keep white knighting the liberal causes.

Need to make at least 40k to pay net positive federal taxes - that's just bottom line not what it costs to actually pay for the services you use.
As an illegal you can't really work on the record so where do you get health insurance - at the emergency room with free care because you have no documented income.
And the use taxes that you listed are to cover specific areas where the person shouldn't even be in the country to consume those goods and services so paying taxes on them is not reason to grant status- if a person squats in your home but offers to pay your excess utilities from them being there does that allow them to stay?

You're conflating a bunch of groups here. DACA recipients don't meet the "leech on society" criteria you're describing. They have documented income, and jobs, and health insurance (as much as anyone else in the US. That's the whole point of DACA.

What was the lie?
A Somali born dude with a badge and a gun wasted an innocent person.
Someone gave him a piece of paper and that made him born again American?
Keep white knighting the liberal causes.

If your position is "anyone not born in the US can't be trusted, even if they are citizens", then you weren't lying. I'm sorry to misrepresent your position. But if that's your position, then you're not a good person. That position reeks of xenophobia, racism, and the worst kind of nationalism.

Also, this entire thread is about people who are *NOT* citizens, so your example is irrelevant.

The "lie" is using an example of an actual US citizen doing bad stuff to "prove" that "people who are not citizens are unfit".

I agree, "being productive" is at best a red herring, and at worst a deliberate distraction.

Having said that: You can't incentivize someone without agency. It's not like a three year old is thinking, "Hey, if we go to the US now, I'll get to stay and become a cop and then take over the US from the inside"
Obviously it is not an incentive for the kids. It is the parents who are being incentivized. You are smart enough to know the difference.

Obviously it is not an incentive for the kids. It is the parents who are being incentivized. You are smart enough to know the difference.

Right, but we're not talking about the parents. The parents aren't subject to DACA.

"I'll take my child into the US so he can become a cop" doesn't seem like a likely thought process.

And... (as I understand it) DACA isn't ongoing. It's not like there was ever a time when anyone could have made the choice to come to the US because of DACA.

If your position is "anyone not born in the US can't be trusted, even if they are citizens", then you weren't lying. I'm sorry to misrepresent your position. But if that's your position, then you're not a good person. That position reeks of xenophobia, racism, and the worst kind of nationalism.

Also, this entire thread is about people who are *NOT* citizens, so your example is irrelevant.

The "lie" is using an example of an actual US citizen doing bad stuff to "prove" that "people who are not citizens are unfit".
If a flaming liberal thinks I'm not a good person I must be doing something right.
I don't think you missed a single liberal talking point in that reply.
Nationalism is bad Mmmmkay .
Xenophobic , racist.
Yup pretty much hit them all.

Right, but we're not talking about the parents. The parents aren't subject to DACA.

"I'll take my child into the US so he can become a cop" doesn't seem like a likely thought process.

And... (as I understand it) DACA isn't ongoing. It's not like there was ever a time when anyone could have made the choice to come to the US because of DACA.
Do you have children? Why do you think people make the dangerous journey with their kids and families to the United States? It is because they have an opportunity for a better life here then wherever it is they are coming from especially for their children who will receive free education and healthcare benefits etc. What does it say about a country that says sure ignore all our immigration laws, cross over our border illegally, live here illegally and while your at it we are going to let your kids be police officers if they want. Almost like there is no point to it all.

Astonishing that we are actually arguing about illegal immigrants having a gun, badge and arresting powers over US citizens.

No border, no requirements of citizenship, no rules, no country.

Might as well let all illegals and their kids vote as well at this point. Oh wait....

There are certain things that need to be black and white. This subject is one of them.

I get it, there are plenty of good daca adults positively contributing to our society. It doesn't matter. Just file it under "slippery slope". At this point it is a landslide.

My take, and it’s probably only worth what you’re paying for it is, this is just trying to get people used to the idea.
This will lead to the same offer for a lot of people that are currently flooding into the country.
These people currently coming here weren’t brought up here and will have even less allegiance to the constitution than many (not all) of our current officers do now.
The whole thing makes me wonder (or better yet) confirms my fear that what many of the leaders of this country either think is coming or have in store isn’t going to be pretty and they will need people on board to assist.

Does this one actually happen with enough frequency to be relevant to public policy?

I’m sure it happens more than zero, but making any policy with the assumption that there will be 100% compliance, or condemning one for less than that, is childish. Imagine ditching laws against assault because some people ignore it and do it anyway.
Yes it does. Much of the latest wave of immigration has been young men traveling alone asking for asylum. We know nothing about them other than what they tell us.

Even still, let's pretend the person is 16 and legitimately wants to come here and work and make a life. It's still not the same as someone who was brought here as an infant and doesn't even speak Spanish well and knows nothing of Mexico and Spanish.

Back
Top Bottom