• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bad Dream?

Bet it was a Sky Marshal that was on board. They damn sure want to keep it quiet. That, or the passengers restrained him, and CNN doesn't want to hurt their defeatist agenda.

I think I need to know a little more info, that sounds a little odd, then again he WAS comming from Vegas.

But it would make more sense if he was startled. I've broken more than one lamp waking up in my day. Anyone who has ever been in military school, boot camp, war or has brothers has the punch wake up problems sometimes.

Grifter said:
I've broken more than one lamp waking up in my day. Anyone who has ever been in military school, boot camp, war or has brothers has the punch wake up problems sometimes.

A good friend of mine (a Vietnam vet) always warned his friends when staying over that if we needed to wake him up, the best way was to throw a boot at him. After seeing some idiot try to wake him by shaking his shoulder, I understood why.

dwarven1 said:
Grifter said:
I've broken more than one lamp waking up in my day. Anyone who has ever been in military school, boot camp, war or has brothers has the punch wake up problems sometimes.

A good friend of mine (a Vietnam vet) always warned his friends when staying over that if we needed to wake him up, the best way was to throw a boot at him. After seeing some idiot try to wake him by shaking his shoulder, I understood why.

I'd have to say vietnam vets are the worst. My father was a mortician (body collector) in the vietnam war. More than enough times he got to a fire fight thinking it was over and was mistaken. When I was a little kid I could never understand the night screams or why he made me wake him up from the doorway. And more often than not his " newly aquired" wives got a little more than they asked for when they tried shaking him awake.

Grifter said:
I'd have to say vietnam vets are the worst. My father was a mortician (body collector) in the vietnam war. More than enough times he got to a fire fight thinking it was over and was mistaken. When I was a little kid I could never understand the night screams or why he made me wake him up from the doorway. And more often than not his " newly aquired" wives got a little more than they asked for when they tried shaking him awake.

Oh, yeah. I remember the time someone tried to wake Harv by shaking his shoulder. The turkey had just about touched his shoulder (and I didn't realize what he was going to do or I'd have stopped him!) when he blinked and realized that Harv was awake and laying a Gerber Mk 1 (I never saw Harvey without it) across his throat. Harv didn't hurt him... but he never tried to wake Harv that way again.

Preferred way? Throw a boot at him... from across the room. It worked.

I'm glad that the boot worked for you, but my father was a bodybuilder and could run faster than anyone I know. Til this day ( me being 6'4" and even more muscular than him) I am still afraid of this man.

But your more than welcome to take a drive with me and throw a boot at him! [twisted]

Grifter said:
I'm glad that the boot worked for you, but my father was a bodybuilder and could run faster than anyone I know. Til this day ( me being 6'4" and even more muscular than him) I am still afraid of this man.

But your more than welcome to take a drive with me and throw a boot at him! [twisted]

That's OK... I'll let you.

I used to work security for Harv, so it wasn't a matter of having to run or anything, it was just that for the first few seconds after he woke, it was safer to be well out of arms reach. [roll]

Harv was a great guy... And unfortunately the sc*m who killed him is probably out of prison by now. 25 years to life in NY, trial was in early 82 I think... so he's probably walking free for many years now. Just as well i don't know for sure.

If you really want to hear why I know that gun control laws don't work, I'll be glad to rant and rave about it for a while.

My favorite part of the story is his attorneys reply as to why it happened!

"Perhaps it was some sort of a psychotic episode as a result of drug abuse."

He's going to use drug abuse as an insanity defense?
[shock]

Back
Top Bottom