ATF intends to reclassify and ban "armor piercing" ammo including M855

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course that will never happen because no national politician is interested in your rights.
Nor did our founders expect them to be. They expected them to be corrupt, greedy bastards just like they were back then and always shall be on balance.

What they expected is that we too would be greedy for power, freedom and money and we would tend to not vote for people who hurt us time and time again just because they had an "R".

Now is the time to step up to our obligation here and stop voting out of fear.

Call everyone who serves you in an elected capacity and make clear to them that you would rather see Hillary anointed a god walking the earth than vote for them again if they won't work for your rights. Then mean it.

Repeat often enough and we stand a chance of getting our nation back.

Pay attention. There will be a test at the end.

No I get it, and I also feel like this has more to do with the whole brace/ar pistol mess than "Obama taking our ammo."

It's a political dog and pony show. "News" outlets pushing the Obama narrative, republicans writing letters to get fund raising dollars... I mean, since when does .gov care what the law says these days? I just read a headline that Bam is looking to up tax rates with his phone and pen... It's beyond ridiculous at this point, and I guess this letter just really hit a nerve. Sorry I even commented at this point, lol.

As there is no monetary, tax, fee or safety issue at hand with this ban, there is only one motive left.

Pay attention. There will be a test at the end.

Good natured fun?

If Rs cared at all about 2A they would simply pass a bill removing the laws being cited by the ATF. Done.

A law saying they can't do this already exists. Hasn't stopped them yet.

No I get it, and I also feel like this has more to do with the whole brace/ar pistol mess than "Obama taking our ammo."

It's a political dog and pony show. "News" outlets pushing the Obama narrative, republicans writing letters to get fund raising dollars... I mean, since when does .gov care what the law says these days? I just read a headline that Bam is looking to up tax rates with his phone and pen... It's beyond ridiculous at this point, and I guess this letter just really hit a nerve. Sorry I even commented at this point, lol.
I've been saying since the beginning that this is part of a bigger problem of abuse of executive power. The response needs to be an across the board ripping of the punch-bowl away from Obama. De-fund everything until this crap stops.

Congress only responds to outrage and money and people _should_ be outraged at the statement this ban makes as well as raising taxes, declaring amnesty, etc...

There needs to be daily, constant, loud outrage. There is no room for trying to make excuses for them saying, "well, this only bans 1 thing we don't care about." No, it is the principle at issue here and an executive run completely amok.

- - - Updated - - -

A law saying they can't do this already exists. Hasn't stopped them yet.
and one of the proposed responses is to strip regulatory authority from them as a result. That's only going to happen if enough people yell and scream.

As much as it pains me to admit it, under current case law the administration is on firm legal ground here.

The only way to stop this is political pressure. Don't wait for the courts to overturn this--that's a pipe dream.

As much as it pains me to admit it, under current case law the administration is on firm legal ground here.

The only way to stop this is political pressure. Don't wait for the courts to overturn this--that's a pipe dream.

Why do you think that M855 falls under the armor piercing definition? It has a lead core, and the jacket makes up less than 25% of its weight.

And they have to add the obligatory Sandy Hook reference

In December, families of nine of the 26 people killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School filed a lawsuit against the manufacturer, distributor and seller of the rifle used in the shooting.

The negligence and wrongful death lawsuit asserts that the Bushmaster AR-15 rifle should not have been sold publicly because it was designed for military use and is unsuited for hunting or home defense.

The more exposure this gets, the stronger the fight against it gets. I'm surprised to see MSM talking out in favor of this, so far they have been mute and just the reporting, nothing more.

I'm curious just how many 5.56 / 2.23 rounds have been purchased in the last few weeks by concerned citizens?
I'm not talking just M855, but in all AR-15 calibers.

Everytime this administration tries this anti-2A crap, liberty loving Americans certainly react likewise.

I'm curious just how many 5.56 / 2.23 rounds have been purchased in the last few weeks by concerned citizens?

Everytime this administration tries this anti-2A crap, liberty loving Americans certainly react likewise.

A lot, judging by online sites. Mine just today got some more federal m855 in and it's already gone, 85 cases. And of course they jacked the price to 60 cents a round, up from 33 just a few weeks ago. My other go to hasn't had any available in 2 weeks.

Why do you think that M855 falls under the armor piercing definition? It has a lead core, and the jacket makes up less than 25% of its weight.

Not withstanding the fact I thought the ATF was using the first alternative AP definition of LEOPA, it's not whether I think so--it's whether the ATF has the purview to make that determination. They do, and under Chevron deference, the courts will likely let them make the determination with little challenge.

Well, I can tell you this. This past Sep. I purchased 500 - SS109 bullets for $49.99. I just received an email from the same place, they are now $99.95. Is it supply and demand, or gouging? You decide.

Not withstanding the fact I thought the ATF was using the first alternative AP definition of LEOPA, it's not whether I think so--it's whether the ATF has the purview to make that determination. They do, and under Chevron deference, the courts will likely let them make the determination with little challenge.

This has been broken down many times now in many different ways. The SS109 bullet doesn't meet any of the criteria.

This has been broken down many times now in many different ways. The SS109 bullet doesn't meet any of the criteria.
It needs to be broken in down in much simpler terms for the folks that Make these decisions, problem is, their too stupid to understand air.

And it's my point that in practice that really doesnt ****ing matter.

This is exactly why an increasing number of people are asking themselves why they need to follow the law if the gov is actively BREAKING the same laws.

The rule of law is breaking down because rogue elements in gov are BREAKING THE LAW

This is exactly why an increasing number of people are asking themselves why they need to follow the law if the gov is actively BREAKING the same laws.

The rule of law is breaking down because rogue elements in gov are BREAKING THE LAW

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. You are spot on. It's no different than parents telling their kids not to do something they are doing actively in front them such as smoking, drinking, etc. No one respects a hypocrite - period!

That looks like just another law for King Hussein to ignore; why would that one be any different than the documents this country was founded on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom