ATF intends to reclassify and ban "armor piercing" ammo including M855

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks like just another law for King Hussein to ignore; why would that one be any different than the documents this country was founded on?
There is a mention of it in this The Hill article on "gun safety" legislation:
http://thehill.com/regulation/legislation/234457-lawmakers-rally-around-gun-control-legislation
But the gun safety legislation comes in stark contrast to recent Republican bills that would expand concealed carry laws across the country and allow hunters to use armor-piercing ammunition.

Agreed; I would add that is a model of unbiased reporting and wish we could see more like it. From both sides.

That is an excellent and well balanced editorial piece. thanks for posting it.
Not sure I'd call this balanced, although factual. He's arguing that the only outcome of this is antagonizing the other side, and that Scorched Earth, Lame Duck Obama should stop else he guarantee catastrophe for Democrats in both POTUS and Congressional elections in 2016.

Not sure I'd call this balanced, although factual. He's arguing that the only outcome of this is antagonizing the other side, and that Scorched Earth, Lame Duck Obama should stop else he guarantee catastrophe for Democrats in both POTUS and Congressional elections in 2016.
I'd call it honest but biased as you say it is trying to warn the democrats as slick willy did against lathering up pro gun sentiment because it hurts them.

SOLD OUT...and I wonder if the folks that jumped on it...realize it's Berdan primed????
I don't think most of the people buying right now know what that means or care.

Why oh why does this junk always happen right as I'm trying to restock? I literally just got some budget free to replenish ammo middle of Feb. Same thing happened last time.

Last edited:
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2015...sed-556mm-ammo-ban-unnecessary/3551425517494/

"However, James Pasco, executive director of the Washington office of the Fraternal Order of Police, believes that banning the ammunition wouldn't amount to much additional protection."

"This specific round has historically not posed a law enforcement problem," he said in a
report by the Washington Examiner
. "While this round will penetrate soft body armor, it has not historically posed a threat to law enforcement."

"Pasco's statements give fuel to critics who allege the bullet ban is merely
a backdoor attempt by the Obama
administration to render AR-15 assault rifles useless."

"Still, opponents to the ban believe it's unlikely criminals will purchase the expensive handguns -- and even if they did, the firearms are much too large to be considered a concealed weapon."

Last edited:
Well, I can tell you this. This past Sep. I purchased 500 - SS109 bullets for $49.99. I just received an email from the same place, they are now $99.95. Is it supply and demand, or gouging? You decide.

What's the difference between the two?

Well, I can tell you this. This past Sep. I purchased 500 - SS109 bullets for $49.99. I just received an email from the same place, they are now $99.95. Is it supply and demand, or gouging? You decide.

It's retards flipping out, going GUH BUH WUH! and buying bullets at the $100 price. When they stop selling shit for $100 the price will drop back down. [rofl]

-Mike

SOLD OUT...and I wonder if the folks that jumped on it...realize it's Berdan primed????

Your assuming somebody read the description. Feedback at Midway on this ammo is less than stellar!!!

From Midway What the hell does this mean?

Non-Toxic with Improved Penetration compared with NATO standard ball (SS109)
No lead or antimony in cartridge

Whats in the bullet, "Mystery metal"

Last edited:
Well, if this is true then it would seem that they've already banned it and the "comment" period is even more complete and utter BS than originally predicted. [hmmm]

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2015/03/06/exclusive-atf-has-already-banned-common-at15-green-tip-ammunition-n1966761

I wanna know what states now have tons of new felons:

Further, because of local rules and regulations in different states across the country having their own "armor piercing" standards based on ATF regulations, thousands of people in possession of AR-15 green tip ammunition have been turned into felons overnight.

What is the armor piercing language for Mass? Is Mass one of those states?

Beat me to it solman02 - What states defer to the Federal Language?

I heard NY and CT are two - but there are others, betting Mass is too 'Nanny State' to not specify it themselves as opposed to deferring to the FEDs.

Am I alone? COME AND GET IT BITCHEZ.

That sure seems to be "arbitrary, capricious, an abuse of discretion, or otherwise not in accordance with the law" to me.

I know we are seriously dreaming here, but it does make me smile to see an actual bill filed on record abolishing the ATF.

I know we are seriously dreaming here, but it does make me smile to see an actual bill filed on record abolishing the ATF.

And even though there's a Powerball odds chance of that even happening, their duties and responsibilities would just be
assumed by the FBI or DHS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom