Article: Lawsuit Filed against Everett Police Chief

My God! A 90 day window to bring an action! That's not enough time, as people sit there, waiting patiently, and are being told: "it should be in next week". Perhaps Goal could look into some legislation to modify this. I realize they are very busy, but maybe they could put this on their list of 'things to do'.

Great Job Comm2A!!! Just donated again.

I could not be more happy with the Comm2A organization. Great job guys. For those of you with some change to spare, please consider becoming a monthly sponsor. If you like seeing action like this, imagine what they could do with more funding.

Keep up the good work!

And the attorney for the case is Jason Guida. Great, lets keep him on our side now.

I could not be more happy with the Comm2A organization. Great job guys. For those of you with some change to spare, please consider becoming a monthly sponsor. If you like seeing action like this, imagine what they could do with more funding.

Keep up the good work!

Huge +1. Comm2A has a long to do list, and the amount of cash coming in is one of the primary factors affecting how quickly they proceed down it.

Awesome! Will the town pay to defend the Chief? Pro or anti, no one is going to like paying for the defense of a Chief that blatantly ignores the law.

Great work Comm2A

Good news, received this email yesterday.

Does Jason Guida work with Comm2A? I wasn't sure if Comm2A helped draft the complaint or was just reporting on a pending suit. Either way, this is long overdue.

Awesome! Will the town pay to defend the Chief? Pro or anti, no one is going to like paying for the defense of a Chief that blatantly ignores the law.

Great work Comm2A
The chief is being sued in his official capacity and town's attorney is responsible for defending him or hiring outside counsel. Police enjoy qualified immunity for their official actions and apart from dramatically gross negligence or malfeasance, it's virtually impossible to hold them personally accountable for their official actions. As much as this behavior offends all of us, it does not rise anywhere near this standard.

The chief likely doesn't care about this or 100 suits like it. He's just going to forward the complaints over to the legal office and go about his business.

rights

What I find funny is I have a similair issue in a north shore town where I have been trying for over a year to obtain my LTC. I have been forced to obtain consul to just talk with the local PD. If I decide to procede it will end up costing roughly 3K to get a final reolve. Where are our rights as tax paying citizens. Why is it ok for the officials to get away without personal liability? Without any consequences why would they change their ways. What happens when you can longer afford the legal fight?

McDonald vs Chicago was somewhat of a victory for legal gun owners if you have the time google it and read judges comments on final decision. Iam more concerned with the feedback i have received in relation to renewal in Boston. I have had a Class A "Unrestricted" in 2 other towns for 11 plus years and my renewal date is March 2013. I called to make an appointment Dec 26th and they told me Feb 11th was next appointment and I may have to wait an additional 8 weeks for an appointment to qualify on their range which takes me past my exp. date. In addition I have heard that Boston has no intention on allowing anyone to citizens to possess "Unrestircted" class a unless you are business owner or need it specifically for your job. This indirectly denies a citizens rights without Due process. I intend to speak to an attorney can anyone refer me to someone exp. here local to me??

We'll be talking about Everett tomorrow on Dan Rea. Tune in.

How did that go over?

Good to hear.. I live in Dudley MA.. After taking the safety course they would not fingerprint me for over a month and then when they finally did that it took 13 weeks (over twice as long as the law states) and noticed the date of issue was 2 weeks prior to them telling me it came in... Not sure if other people experienced anything like this but I didnt want to rock the boat because they ultimately make the final decision.

That, or people will just quit showing up. You know, how like 100,000 licensed gun owners in MA just disappeared after Chapter 180 happened? People had enough then, and will continue to just drop off the map completely.

Back
Top Bottom