Are you on the list????

I'd say there's a pretty fair chance I'd be on any such list. Have some serious doubts that it exists, but I wouldn't be all that surprised, either.

There is absolutely a list of people who get closer scrutiny, and given that the .gov has openly called "liberty" oriented groups a potential threat I think it's safe to say that we're all on it.

With the number of LEO's I have met in my life (likely in the 100's due to work) I would say that percentage would be extremely low.
It's quite possible you're not meeting the right LEOs, due to your work of course! Due to my work, I'd say 50percent are on the " right " side, and the rest are on their own. Your results may vary.

It's quite possible you're not meeting the right LEOs, due to your work of course! Due to my work, I'd say 50percent are on the " right " side, and the rest are on their own. Your results may vary.

It's possible, most of the LEO's I met were in the management chain Lieutenants, Chiefs, Sheriffs etc. Its possible the boots on the ground would be a bit different.

It's possible, most of the LEO's I met were in the management chain Lieutenants, Chiefs, Sheriffs etc. Its possible the boots on the ground would be a bit different.
My opinion of course here..... But there is a mix. Age wise, experience wise, life outlook wise. I know ranking LEO who have VERY varying opinions, and guys who haven't finished a year out of the academy yet are also very different. Kind of like the big NES pool, age, experience, etc., and multiple varying opinions. If " it" ever happens , again, think The Turner Diaries without the racism, you'll see all different age brackets, sexes, and opinions on each side.

My opinion of course here..... But there is a mix. Age wise, experience wise, life outlook wise. I know ranking LEO who have VERY varying opinions, and guys who haven't finished a year out of the academy yet are also very different. Kind of like the big NES pool, age, experience, etc., and multiple varying opinions. If " it" ever happens , again, think The Turner Diaries without the racism, you'll see all different age brackets, sexes, and opinions on each side.

I think it is also likely to be impacted by where the LEO works. City cops, in my experience, usually have different attitudes and beliefs than rural cops. I'd be interested to hear your opinion

I think it is also likely to be impacted by where the LEO works. City cops, in my experience, usually have different attitudes and beliefs than rural cops. I'd be interested to hear your opinion
Absolutely I agree 100%. Where you work and what kind of day to day " usual " calls you handle play a huge part. If you've ever driven down or up Blue Hill Ave and watched 15 to 20 local youth wheelie and speed by numerous BPD cruiser while theyre on dirt bikes, scooters and 4 wheelers, and the BPD doesn't do shit and said to yourself WTF? I'm sure there's a policy prohibiting chasing these *******s ( but not when I'm in my Tundra!) but the majority of the BPD cops could care less. Try that in Westwood and see what happens, it's the crime of the century. I'd say more rural cops could care less about open carry etc, then if you were in Worcester. Factor in age and experience of the LE and it changes even more.
But now you toss in the " Turner Diaries sans racism" scenario, and it gets even crazier. Rural cops may be in the worst place, because of the tactical advantage afforded by terrain. City cops will have it easier I think, not because a MOUT scenario is any easier, but because they'll just shut down response to that area like in Detroit. But what percentage of city or rural would agree or disagree to follow orders they deem illegal or immoral I still think the older more experienced LE will do the right thing. I know I will ha ha

Last edited:
Absolutely I agree 100%. Where you work and what kind of day to day " usual " calls you handle play a huge part. If you've ever driven down or up Blue Hill Ave and watched 15 to 20 local youth wheelie and speed by numerous BPD cruiser while theyre on dirt bikes, scooters and 4 wheelers, and the BPD doesn't do shit and said to yourself WTF? I'm sure there's a policy prohibiting chasing these *******s ( but not when I'm in my Tundra!) but the majority of the BPD cops could care less. Try that in Westwood and see what happens, it's the crime of the century. I'd say more rural cops could care less about open carry etc, then if you were in Worcester. Factor in age and experience of the LE and it changes even more.

That is pretty much what I thought. I knew a kid got busted doing a wheelie down Central St in Stoughton going about 85 mph. He was lucky he lived after SPD finished with him. Conversely, going to a boston hospital once I saw a guy clearly selling drugs to a motorist on Meleana Cass and BPD just rolled through the intersection.

Back
Top Bottom