• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Are you on the list????

When I play, I play to win...

Remember boys and girls, there are no points for second place.

At some point when the armored trucks pull up to any NESers home, the first thing asked by the resident will be, WAS I FIRST ON YOUR LIST!.

A big part of what makes domestic spying problems so dangerous is the fact that they stifle free speech and make law abiding people afraid to speak openly about things. If we're ever truly at the point where we can expect the .gov to come after us for what we say then it's probably time to start making the tough decisions.

Ask Inerlogic about that... [hmmm]

Seriously.

Also, no one got the Top Gun reference?!? Really? No points for second place... Mav... forget it.

Last edited:
Without trying to be a jerk, would you mind me asking what your back ground is that makes you feel so confident against a force of 20 armed men with body armor, night vision, flash bang grenades and real assault rifles?

Didn't work out so well for Dorner, did it?

First, Im not aware of where in the Constitution of the United States where it allows for a suspension of my rights. and second, where will they keep 8 million of us?

The FEMA camps - but that's all tinfoil according to the denier crowd.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't read. Looks subversive. Not for my eyes.

But if I had read it, why wouldn't they go after the sheep first? Also, they've determined 8 million would be "threats". That seems wicked low.
Regardless, I'm welcoming of any change that my govt feels is worthy.

Because the sheep will fall in line.

Pay attention.

Come ****ing get me......

- - - Updated - - -

Without trying to be a jerk, would you mind me asking what your back ground is that makes you feel so confident against a force of 20 armed men with body armor, night vision, flash bang grenades and real assault rifles?

I make no qualms about what would happen. I've made my peace with god, and my family fully understands that I refuse to live on my knees, I'd die on my feet first. I'm ok with that.

Exactly, it won't go well for those of us first on the list. However, if we make enough noise, the rest will have time to organize and prepare.

No, I will not live on my knees; for that is no life at all.

I make no qualms about what would happen. I've made my peace with god, and my family fully understands that I refuse to live on my knees, I'd die on my feet first. I'm ok with that.

The real issue is that most houses are not made to withstand a gun fight. Now, if you had the presence of mind to construct a shooting blind made out of 1/2" plate steel, with sandbags around it, a single, determined man with a decent rifle could hold out until they decided to burn it down.

But it just doesn't fit in with most peoples home furnishings. So there is your million dollar idea for the day. Design a heavy duty steel shooting blind that looks like a coffee table until you unfold it and wheel it over to the window.

The real issue is that most houses are not made to withstand a gun fight. Now, if you had the presence of mind to construct a shooting blind made out of 1/2" plate steel, with sandbags around it, a single, determined man with a decent rifle could hold out until they decided to burn it down.

But it just doesn't fit in with most peoples home furnishings. So there is your million dollar idea for the day. Design a heavy duty steel shooting blind that looks like a coffee table until you unfold it and wheel it over to the window.

The 22 gauge 18 gun cabinet I just bought to hold targets won't do?

Two JBTs with half a brain between them could defeat that "shooting blind" in short order.

If I roll up on a shooting situation like that, I'll stay in the car. I'll be pretty safe.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

FWIW, you'd be better off using large trees or brick/stone buildings for cover then anything in the typical house. Houses are concealment, not cover. Also, you still have room to maneuver outside, if you can gain/maintain fire superiority. Mobility is key. Fight in place and all the forces available to your enemy will be called in on that location... think everything from armored vehicles and tactical response teams to (worst case SHTF scenario) air support, artillery, MBT's... basically death and destruction in it's most terrible conventional forms.

Having a copy of that list would be nice as a recruiting tool.

[rofl]

What would be awesome is to somehow get a copy of the list - and post it on the internet with a message at the top that reads:

"If you find your name on this list - now would be a good time to begin the process of pulling your head out of your ass"

Last edited:
Does anyone know where the power or authority comes from to declare martial law?

The barrel of a gun.

And Executive orders.

- - - Updated - - -

The will of a tyrant, the compliance of his henchmen, and the submission of the populace are the requisites. Which is why when the populace is armed, they get to choose whether to submit.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk 2

You just pointed out what the REAL problem is.

That a very good portion of the population would choose to submit.

If you're going to start thinking seriously about this - might want to start reading some Mathew Bracken:

http://westernrifleshooters.blogspot.com/2010/07/bracken-cw2-cube-mapping-meta-terrain.html

So, of what use is the CW2 Cube, other than in providing a conceptual map for Civil War Two? In my research as a novelist who attempts to write realistic fiction about the coming years, I have long been a student of modern civil wars. One repeated lesson of modern civil war is that there is inherently dangerous, even fatal terrain. Some of this predictably-dangerous terrain is often highly desirable and even advantageous before the outbreak of civil war.

To begin: you do not want to live as a trapped and cut-off minority in what might become “enemy territory.” If you live amidst your civil war enemies, as defined and located within the CW2 Cube, you will be in mortal danger even if your immediate neighbors know, love and respect you. Those persons who have a stake in fanning the flames of CW2 (and their number shall be legion), will intentionally target those remaining “holdouts” who may be respected minority neighbors. (In this essay, minority means “the minority within a given group or area.” Blacks are the majority in some areas, and whites are the minorities in others, and so on.)

Frequently in modern civil wars, roaming armed groups (in or out of uniform) will even force people to kill their own beloved and respected minority neighbors as an ultimate loyalty test. If they refuse, they may themselves be killed as “traitors.” Besides pre-conflict racists and radicals, there will be an ever-increasing pool of persons attempting to expel minorities from their homes. Those embittered unfortunates who have already been ethnically cleansed will be seeking new living quarters, and the homes and property of “enemy” minorities still living in majority territory will be the first on the chopping block. (Not the auction block, because payment of any kind is rarely offered.) This process of minority eviction becomes self-perpetuating.

Often, those members of minorities who escape as refugees are the lucky ones who do not lose their lives during the back-and-forth of escalating violence. The fact that they may have been loved, admired and respected for many years by their majority-population neighbors will not protect them. This is a clear lesson of modern civil war. Another is that while the rich or the well-to-do can sometimes hide their wealth and pass as proles, the same cannot be said about concealing one’s racial or ethnic identity. Religious affiliation and political leanings can also be hidden, but outward appearance cannot. Civil War Two may begin on purely political grounds, but it will devolve into something worse.

Does this mean that all white city-dwellers should head for the hinterland, or that dark-skinned folks living in the country should move to the city? It’s not for me to say. We all hope and pray that there will never be a second “hot civil war” in America, instead of merely the “cold civil war” we are engaged in today. But the lessons of modern civil wars should not be ignored. Another lesson is that it will take tremendous moral courage to defy the hot-heads and radicals, and shield your minority neighbors from harm. Think of Anne Frank. Think of those indescribably brave inhabitants of the former Yugoslavia who hid their minority neighbors, when the discovery of that fact could and often did lead to their own deaths.

- - - Updated - - -

Then they'll give you a dog, and then shoot it.

That's called a drop dog.

This thread made me think of another Bracken story I remembered reading a while back. Took me a while to find it - but it's a good one , because it gives a believable description of how 8 million people would begin to be picked up:

http://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2012/09/11/what-i-saw-at-the-coup/

What I have heard called “the plan” began as idle office chat, nothing more. (Of course, not much chat is ever truly idle at the very highest levels of power, between senior presidential advisors.) The first time I heard it mentioned was over lunch with Dennis in the White House Mess, down in the basement next to the situation room. We were at a quiet corner table of the wood-paneled dining room, tossing ideas for the next talking points back and forth. Routine.

One of right-wing hate radio’s loudest and most poisonous voices was conducting an embarrassing public feud with our press secretary. The President had trapped himself in a seeming contradiction. The video and audio were both damning, and one must admit, very funny—if one’s goal was to make the President look and sound like a liar and a fool. The Youtube videos were getting millions of hits; the TV comics were not letting it go. We had been knocked completely off message, the optics were horrible, and our favorability ratings were collapsing at a crucial moment. (It seems like an ice-age ago when such trivialities actually mattered to me.)

I said something offhandedly to Dennis. “I just wish we could get rid of those bastards, once and for all.”

He stared at me for a long time, chewing on his second BLT sandwich until the Navy steward retreated from range, and then he said, “Actually, Jacinda, there is sort of a plan for that.”

“What do you mean, ‘a plan for that’?”

He explained that it was nothing formal, and there was nothing in writing. Nor would there ever be. It was just a concept he had come up with, along with a few other trusted colleagues and advisors. An idea. They had gamed out various scenarios. We could solve our problems with molding public opinion if we removed just a few dozen key right-wing opinion makers. That was the exact word he used, “removed.” That was last spring, and I put it off as a harmless thought experiment. I didn’t hear anything more about it for several months.

Then one day after another media talking points session in the mess, Dennis said, “Remember the plan we were talking about? You know, we really could do it.”

“Are you serious?”

“The timing would have to be just right. Mainly, it would depend on external events.”

Read the whole thing..........

Is there a list for old fat people with funny accents, bad eyes and worse knees? If so, you'll find me on that one for sure.

Back
Top Bottom