AR15 used to kill 3 burglars

I mean we totally should want actual guilty people to plea down to lesser sentences and actually innocent people subjected to trial where they face even more severe sentences. Yet this is precisely how our injustice system intends to operate.
More commonly, actually innocent people cop a plea because (a) innocent people get convicted all the time - as indicated by all the dna based exonerations, and (b) the court will punish someone who turns down a plea deal and loses the bet severely.

Hydrogen Peroxide is great for getting blood out of stuff. The only danger is that it might bleach the color out of fabric. We used to use it to clean stretchers, seats, floors, side walls, and other equipment on the ambulances. It's also great for determining if there is blood in vomit.

Hydrogen peroxide is useful for getting blood out - something I learned in a doctor's office when I bled all over his furniture and his staff rushed out with gloves, rags and a bottle of peroxide.

More commonly, actually innocent people cop a plea because (a) innocent people get convicted all the time - as indicated by all the dna based exonerations, and (b) the court will punish someone who turns down a plea deal and loses the bet severely.

Yep. And (a) is often best case scenario, and the basis for their position, which is why it's totally unjust. And the rest of the scenarios like (b) and the two I mentioned are even worse. Felony murder is just another card for them to play to screw one over. Justice isn't even an afterthought.

It's also great for determining if there is blood in vomit.
How so? Why not use the blood detect paper strips? (the ones with the yellow end that get green dots on them if blood is present0.

I'm pretty sure in Mass brandishing a firearm and warning shots are illegal.

No offense but that's a straw man. There's nothing in the law that requires you to kill the perp if you defend yourself with a firearm. I understand that whether they are killed or not is somewhat out of your control.

I also think it may not be the best idea to answer the question "why did you shoot them" with "because I intended to kill them."

The correct response to that question is: "Because I was in fear for my life."

IANAL but that is my understanding.

Which proves imho that when you shoot a perp you are actually not intending to kill them. That may be the outcome but it had better not be your intent. And if it was, best to keep that fact between you and your lawyer.

There are lots of nuances to what you say, which is why you need an attorney.

If you say you "intended to kill" - bad move. But, if you say "you did not intend to kill", that can be twisted into an admission that you determined deadly force was not appropriate but used it anyhow. Even a slight mis-wording in a statement can have profound consequences, which is why the police are trained to try to get you to talk without an attorney. Remember, the goal is all too often "convict" rather than "arrive at the truth".

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Rob Boudrie again.

I know a lot of police officers, but if any of them had to talk to me in an official capacity, I'd contact a lawyer. Which is what I did about five years ago when a co worker was being investigated by the anti corruption unit at Boston PD.

There are lots of nuances to what you say, which is why you need an attorney.

If you say you "intended to kill" - bad move. But, if you say "you did not intend to kill", that can be twisted into an admission that you determined deadly force was not appropriate but used it anyhow. Even a slight mis-wording in a statement can have profound consequences, which is why the police are trained to try to get you to talk without an attorney. Remember, the goal is all too often "convict" rather than "arrive at the truth".

I know a lot of police officers, but if any of them had to talk to me in an official capacity, I'd contact a lawyer. Which is what I did about five years ago when a co worker was being investigated by the anti corruption unit at Boston PD.
Another option, which may be more practical when not a suspect than the actual target, is to simply decline to be interviewed.

Remember, nobody can be charged with lying to the feds or police if they don't talk. Just ask Martha Stewart :)

And Scooter Libby!

I think it's an "it depends" situation. In this case it was better to talk to them.

Another option, which may be more practical when not a suspect than the actual target, is to simply decline to be interviewed.

Remember, nobody can be charged with lying to the feds or police if they don't talk. Just ask Martha Stewart :)

It's OK. I'm probably a sociopath. I had the police remove some squatters from one of my apartments on Christmas Eve, and I still chuckle about it.

BTW. They should have told the kid it was their first home invasion.

I think helps to have a touch of sociopath in you to deal with crap these latest generations dish out...

It's one of those stupid, but useful tricks.

The recommendation now is not to use it to clean wounds. It does some degree of harm to the skin itself. At least that's what I was told a few years ago.

Thanks. I've noticed the fizz when using H2O2 but did not realize that was a blood specific reaction.

The recommendation now is not to use it to clean wounds. It does some degree of harm to the skin itself. At least that's what I was told a few years ago.
I use it to clean sheets and the floor, not wounds :).

I don't have that kind of bloodlust.

It's pretty well established that non-sociopaths do have a difficult time with the mental consequences of killing. You might think it wouldn't bother you but you won't really know until you're in that situatio n.

Interesting that you (and any liberal driven studies you dig up) equate accepting homocidal defense as "bloodlust".

Still waiting for the old more objective Mibro poster to return. This post election version is all over the map...

Ha.

About 20 years ago I tore the end off one finger, leaving it hanging with the bone exposed.

I went directly to the local medical clinic in Chelsea - long story but anyway - where I met a woman MD who told me she'd lived years n Nicaragua treating gunshot wounds and my finger was a piece of cake.

She put my torn finger in a dish of hydrogen peroxide for maybe 30 minutes then carefully regloved the bone and sewed all back together with very neat stitches across the torn nail bed.

That finger is 99% as good as new. The only indication of the injury is the nail is a little shorter than on the other fingers and the tip is very slightly numb.

The best felony murder rap thing I've ever heard of was that guy who shot his wife's boyfriend in a vehicle in their yard.

Basically this guys wife was shacking up with this dude on the side and he was fooling around with her in the driveway of her house in a vehicle.

Dumb broad sees her husband walking up the driveway while they're in the middle of playing hide the weenie, and starts yelling RAPE RAPE etc, husband sees this, sees the dude "on" his wife in a truck, pulls his gun and shoots the guy dead right there.

Kopsch come and when the whole mess unravels, she gets arrested, bagged, tagged and convicted of murder for the death of her "boyfriend." Husband walks because felony murder rule bags wife.

The husband probably should have bought himself a fistful of powerball tickets after that shit. [laugh]

-Mike

that's awesome. What was the exact felony though in that case?

Interesting that you (and any liberal driven studies you dig up) equate accepting homocidal defense as "bloodlust".

Still waiting for the old more objective Mibro poster to return. This post election version is all over the map...

Sorry to disappoint. I am out of step on some issues, usually I just keep quiet.

found this today...

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/killing-3...-oklahoma-010103618--abc-news-topstories.html

[h=1]Killing of 3 teens during burglary may test Oklahoma 'stand your ground' law[/h]

Seems like a good shoot...

[FONT="]Two were in the kitchen area of the house, Mahoney said; [B]one appeared to have run from the home after being shot but had died in the driveway[/B].

Not even sure why this is a questions...

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]"Authorities said they had not determined if the shooter, who was armed with an AR-15, would face charges."

[/FONT]
[FONT="]"Mahoney said the males were dressed in black, wearing masks and gloves, when they allegedly forced their way through a glass backdoor."

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]"Mahoney said two of the deceased were considered armed. One had brass knuckles, he said. Another had a knife. Mahoney said the third suspect had not yet been searched by police."

And this is how it should work...

[/FONT]
[FONT="]"Rodriguez was arrested on three counts of felony first degree murder (for deaths that occur during the commission of a felony), one count of first degree burglary and one count of second degree burglary. Police said the last count was because the four had allegedly gone to the same home earlier in the day and then returned."[/FONT]

Now the lead story on Yahoo! POS news! Wow. The media is ridiculous. Notice how they don't say that the 3 "teens" killed WERE the damn burglers?!?

The wife's false screams of "Rape, Rape" were the proximate cause of the husband shooting the guy. The husband thought he was defending his wife's honor (Which was more than she ever did), but was in fact unwittingly helping her kill her lover to protect herself.

that's awesome. What was the exact felony though in that case?

Usually the accepted treatment is an anti bacterial solution. I think betadine, but I'm not 100% sure. The problem with Peroxid is that it can cause the tissue to macerate and be harder to stitch. At least that's what we were told.

Ha.

About 20 years ago I tore the end off one finger, leaving it hanging with the bone exposed.

I went directly to the local medical clinic in Chelsea - long story but anyway - where I met a woman MD who told me she'd lived years n Nicaragua treating gunshot wounds and my finger was a piece of cake.

She put my torn finger in a dish of hydrogen peroxide for maybe 30 minutes then carefully regloved the bone and sewed all back together with very neat stitches across the torn nail bed.

That finger is 99% as good as new. The only indication of the injury is the nail is a little shorter than on the other fingers and the tip is very slightly numb.

Back
Top Bottom