• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR15 Optic

AD has a great mount, I'm looking also for a offset mount for a 1x6. How do u like the Millett? I have it on my AK and so far got around 2 inch at 100 yds. Now I want a 1x6
View attachment 153550

I love it, it's a rather large 1-4 but the quality is really good. I got the scope off midway for $130 shipped so figured why not give it a shot. I have been looking at getting a Vortex Strike Eagle but I am shooting this pretty well I think. Here at my groups at 100" while I was zeroing with a 14.5 bcm. Just about Sub 1" with m855 ammo

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
I love it, it's a rather large 1-4 but the quality is really good. I got the scope off midway for $130 shipped so figured why not give it a shot. I have been looking at getting a Vortex Strike Eagle but I am shooting this pretty well I think. Here at my groups at 100" while I was zeroing with a 14.5 bcm. Just about Sub 1" with m855 ammo

View attachment 153554View attachment 153555View attachment 153556
yea with a Fat slower AK round I doubt I can get a 1 inch . Im undecided between the Vortex and Primary Arms 1x6

How about this ncstar mark iii tactical p4 sniper 3-9x42/scope adaptor mount/red dot combo package (stp3942g/d)? In amazon, it is $110.04.
I get another question, do I need the red dot combo? Without the red dot, it is $59.9

yea with a Fat slower AK round I doubt I can get a 1 inch . Im undecided between the Vortex and Primary Arms 1x6

I've been debating the same. Vortex strike eagle 1-6 vs PA 1-6 . I think the Vortex wins on glass, build quality and warranty. The PA wins on the acss reticle, illumination and price.

Edit: Sweet deal right now at American Defense on both of these. Just went with the PA bundled with AD-Recon mount for only $325. https://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/574/

Last edited:
I've been debating the same. Vortex strike eagle 1-6 vs PA 1-6 . I think the Vortex wins on glass, build quality and warranty. The PA wins on the acss reticle, illumination and price.

Edit: Sweet deal right now at American Defense on both of these. Just went with the PA bundled with AD-Recon mount for only $325. https://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/574/
good deal for the AR but not for the AK. I hear a few probs with the PA so give us your opinions when you get to shoot with it

anyone got any deals on a aimpoint pro? i know i missed the BF deals but wasnt in "need" of one at the time

The best deals are usually at LA Police Gear. The Aimpoints almost never go on sale, but they occasionally have sitewide 15% off coupons or similar that can get you down in the $360 range.

They just recently had a Christmas deal, coupon code "secret12" for 12% off, that got it down around $375, but that has expired.

If you are willing to wait, get yourself on their mailing list and wait for the coupon code.

Vortex Crossfire V-Plex 1-4x

ETA, re: mounts -- the last 4 optics I've put on AR's have all gone into ADM Recon mounts. I don't think I'll ever buy anything besides those when it comes to mounting a scope.

Piggybacking on this thread, what would be a good mount/good rings for a 1-4 optic? I'm looking at getting a Leupold VXR for Christmas (which I might possibly leverage toward a Trijicon TR24), and would like to get a decent QD mount for it. The rifle that would wear this scope is a 16" BCM keymod upper on an Anderson lower, if it matters.

I've been running a SWFA 1-6 in a Bobro QD mount with no complaints except price. I've never heard anyone complain about Larue mounts, either.

Vortex Crossfire V-Plex 1-4x

ETA, re: mounts -- the last 4 optics I've put on AR's have all gone into ADM Recon mounts. I don't think I'll ever buy anything besides those when it comes to mounting a scope.
+1. Love the ADM mounts. I don't move optics around much but have done so with an aimpoint micro and return to zero was right on.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

+1. Love the ADM mounts. I don't move optics around much but have done so with an aimpoint micro and return to zero was right on.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Another vote again for the ADM mounts. I love my recon mount.

- - - Updated - - -

How about this ncstar mark iii tactical p4 sniper 3-9x42/scope adaptor mount/red dot combo package (stp3942g/d)? In amazon, it is $110.04.
I get another question, do I need the red dot combo? Without the red dot, it is $59.9

practice with your irons while saving for a quality optic AND mount

- - - Updated - - -

practice with your irons while saving for a quality optic AND mount

Agree with this. The worst disservice you can do to a decent rifle is put cheap glass on it. At least save $3-500 to get an entry level Vortex or SWFA. Below that is pretty much Chinese crap. $0.02

I have that sight. It's garbage, wish I never wasted the money. Eye relief is horrendous, the mount is even worse.

Thank you for the replies. I'll probably go with a trs25 or primary arms unless I happen to find a deal on a vortex or similar. I guess I have a follow up question - what kind of back up sights? Magpul seem like a good bet but I'm wondering what else might be out there. Browsed Amazon for a little while and found a gigantic range of styles and prices which left me wondering.

I will no longer do business with Primary Arms.

Details details details

Sorry, didn't mean to leave you guys hanging. I saw PA mentioned numerous times, and that caused me to vent, but I probably should not have crapped up the OP's thread. Since I already, did...

Did they piss in your cornflakes ?

Basically, yes.

This is not about their optics, as I haven't used them. It's their management decisions that I have a problem with, so I'll just say that I've added them to my personal boycott list (people who have been around NES for a while will get the gist):

Troy Industries
Cheaper Than Dirt
Dick's Sporting Goods
Primary Arms

I am not telling anyone else how to spend their money. Most of us can afford to be choosy because there are many good 2A-supporting companies to do business with. Do as you will and/or ask me about Primary Arms in person, if you wish.

Back
Top Bottom