AR Mega Thread

I have had good luck with the RRA kits.

I put an RRA LPK into a lower and just didn't like the feel of things. They felt 'cheap'. The things were in spec and fit in the required slots and holes etc so no complaints about that. I personally would either go G&R, DD or Stag/CMT (that order) if I had the money. For the G&R LPK, Grant contacts the mfgs and gets the LPKs that fit the TDP etc. It is more expensive, but you do get high quality components.

I put an RRA LPK into a lower and just didn't like the feel of things. They felt 'cheap'. The things were in spec and fit in the required slots and holes etc so no complaints about that. I personally would either go G&R, DD or Stag/CMT (that order) if I had the money. For the G&R LPK, Grant contacts the mfgs and gets the LPKs that fit the TDP etc. It is more expensive, but you do get high quality components.

THat for the advise. I just dont where to buy those kits. THis is my first one whats the best for my first. Can you get me a website to see them thanks

thanks for the advise guys. one more question can i us diffent lower parts kit in diffent lowers. what i mean is if i bought a smith and wesson m&p lower could i use a dpms lowers parts kit in that lower

thanks for the advise guys. one more question can i us diffent lower parts kit in diffent lowers. what i mean is if i bought a smith and wesson m&p lower could i use a dpms lowers parts kit in that lower

Absolutely......Double Star make a nice LPK as well, I have used several of them in lowers from DPMS, Spikes, Remsport and R Guns and never had one problem.

Most recent.
Anvil Arms Lower
RRA LPK
Magpul CTR Pinned

Spikes Midlength 14.5" w/ perm Dynacomp
Troy BUIS
Aimpoint PRO

Ok;
I am new to AR15's..
Have a few M1 Carbines.
Does any one have any feedback on that Del-Ton??
I have seen as many bad reports as I have seen good ones.
It that only guys post bad reports? Or is the gun a piece of crap??
Real world experiance not hear say??

okay I got my matched set, looking to go as inexpensive as possible to unless people are looking to sell me equipment that they don't like it looks like I am going to go with a Del-Ton Kit
http://www.del-ton.com/AR_15_Rifle_Kits_16_s/57.htm
just don't know what one I should go with I know it will be a 16" use will be home offense, killing yotes, plinking. My goal is to have a rock solid reliable gun. I don't need sub MOA as my eyes are no longer sub MOA I figure I can upgrade components as time goes on

Ok;
I am new to AR15's..
Have a few M1 Carbines.

What do you want it for?

Well to start with, just to try an AR15 type. My Grandson is in the ARMY Reserves and uses the M16A2. Just thought when he comes over I would have something we could shoot.
I have a Mini-14 and just wanted to step up a notch.
Thanks for reply

What do you want it for?

Ok;

I owned a delton for a while (sweet little 16" pencil barrel). They make an OK rifle, certainly good enough for plinking and probably on par with Bushmaster/DMPS etc. Not sure I would trust my life with it....but not junk by anymeans.

For the money you should check out BCM - I have a 20" gov rifle I bought from (which sadly I'm selling) and I've been very pleased with both their products and service.

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

Ok;
I am new to AR15's..
Have a few M1 Carbines.

I have 2 Delton Upper barrel assembly's and have had very good experience with them and their product's. I put one on a Essential Arms lower and the other on a DS Arms and both went together with no problem's. I know that a couple of year's ago they had a batch of bolt's that were defective and were cracking and they are still replacing them for free when someone has a bad one. Their problem now is that they have become pretty popular and a very favorable article was written in the June issue of Gun's & Ammo on their products. Some of their builds have a 2 month wait. They get a lot of good review's on AR15.com. Hope this helps you and good luck

Hey guys, Im planning my first ar build and I want to get a spikes tactical lower off of gun broker. However it comes with a collapsible stock (which im planning on replacing with an ace skeleton stock) is it still ok to transfer to a ma ffl without having it pinned before hand?

Hey guys, Im planning my first ar build and I want to get a spikes tactical lower off of gun broker. However it comes with a collapsible stock (which im planning on replacing with an ace skeleton stock) is it still ok to transfer to a ma ffl without having it pinned before hand?

Nutnfancy imposter! I'd buy a stripped lower and build it yourself. You can get Spikes stripped lowers for $69.99 at AIM and build it cheaper.

search the nes classifieds. someone is selling exactly what you are looking for (asking $275).

Nutnfancy imposter! I'd buy a stripped lower and build it yourself. You can get Spikes stripped lowers for $69.99 at AIM and build it cheaper.

That sounds really tempting but I know once I do that i'll end up buying a 200 dollar trigger and other fancy things... I'm trying to restrain myself from doing that. haha

search the nes classifieds. someone is selling exactly what you are looking for (asking $275).

Too late I already placed a bid on another one the day before that was posted.

any chance this might be available locally? I prefer to give the local guy business if possible

I picked up the Brownell one over at State Line. I think I had picked up the last one they had. I'm sure they would order one for you if you asked. They did have a bunch of Magpul Stuff but not any that included the buffer tube and such.

I paid just about what Brownells was asking for theirs. It was nice being able to shop at the local guy.

Want everyone to meet the new addition to the family. I finally jumped and purchased an AR. Here it is. I assembled the lower but purchased the upper pre-assembled. I think I did a pretty good job with it, even though I launched one of the detents. Let me know what you think.

100_3008.jpg

Back
Top Bottom