AR carry case for the T

I thought I was the only one doing the guitar case for T-carrying....great minds....

But since I started doing this, all I see are a bunch of people with 'music' cases and keep thinking each is carrying...

I still like my 'caddy daddy' golf bag that i had at the last holbrook shoot. Dont have any photos of it right now (computer blew up) but it can hold 3 long guns (even a nagant) and has plenty of pockets to store ammo. The top locks on with 2 pad locks and it looks like a normal travel golf bag after that. Heres minininjer pic of it.

8693266841_01dac1a10f_b.jpg

Last edited:
Still seeking the elusive case.

What I am looking for is something which lets me take out the front pin, then swivel the top half back, and put both halves in a 27" or so case, with nothing to do than swing them together and replace pin to be up and at 'em. That way, it would fit nicely in back of vehicle. It would also need a lock.

Still seeking the elusive case.

What I am looking for is something which lets me take out the front pin, then swivel the top half back, and put both halves in a 27" or so case, with nothing to do than swing them together and replace pin to be up and at 'em. That way, it would fit nicely in back of vehicle. It would also need a lock.

That would be an oddly shaped bag.

Try a sawzall bag or baseball gear bag. If you are working with a 14.5" pinned comp gun (16.1 OAL), it will fit in a 5.11 72 hour rush back pack (Amazon.com: 5.11 3 Day Rush Backpack, Black: Sports & Outdoors) broken down. If you pack it right, you can get it so that the barrel isn't pitching a tent.

I was thinking a rectangular case, with foam. I wonder if an old Samsonite or American Tourister suitcase from a yard sale would work. Hmmmm.

I've been doing this ever since my nosy neighbor mentioned his wife saw me loading my truck with a gun case. The conversation ended up going something like "my wife hates guns...but *looks around* I miss shooting! I've been trying to convince her that I need my license for a while now. Maybe I can come with you next time you hit the range?" but I started being careful about who saw what I was putting into my truck since then.

I've been doing this ever since my nosy neighbor mentioned his wife saw me loading my truck with a gun case. The conversation ended up going something like "my wife hates guns...but *looks around* I miss shooting! I've been trying to convince her that I need my license for a while now. Maybe I can come with you next time you hit the range?" but I started being careful about who saw what I was putting into my truck since then.

this is exactly why I started with the golf bag set up. no one will think anything of it (though I have found that 3 guns and a pile of ammo does weigh quite a bit, but manageable)

I play guitar and have used my Gibson Les Paul hard case a few times when I wanted to travel incognito. It has a 3 digit combo lock and plenty of room for my AR, range bag, etc. I've used my Fender gig bag with shoulder straps but like the hard case more.

Last edited:
...but I started being careful about who saw what I was putting into my truck since then.
I use to be careful, but now a days I just walk my guns out to the truck. No case, just me a rifle or 2 and ammunition. I figure, if they get scared and say anything, I'll just ask "We are good neighbors. What makes you think I'm going to shoot you? Why would I do that?"

StevensMarksman

It takes an attacker 1.25 seconds to move 21 feet. Ur dead.

Sent from outside the iron curtain.

You definitely don't get it, the 3 seconds to spin it around is before you leave the house. this transportation case isn't for quick access. It was never meant to be. No matter which end is up you'd still have a 50" zipper to un-do and a mag to insert. Ill make this very simple for you, since I really don't know if you were being facetious or serious: my draw and pull on the 3lb trigger from my G27 is much quicker than 1.24 seconds.
Don't know why you ever chose the nick Macgyver! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Yakalot

You definitely don't get it, the 3 seconds to spin it around is before you leave the house. this transportation case isn't for quick access. It was never meant to be. No matter which end is up you'd still have a 50" zipper to un-do and a mag to insert. Ill make this very simple for you, since I really don't know if you were being facetious or serious: my draw and pull on the 3lb trigger from my G27 is much quicker than 1.24 seconds.

I misread the three sec. It sounded like you were talking about if you needed it.

I pointed out that it was upside down oringinally in this thread because it is a flaw. Its out of place. You in a T station next to people heading to Berkley would be the something thats out of place that would draw attention to authorities.

If it takes 3 sec to flip it around then do it. Thats 3 seconds that will be the difference between just another guitar or tonights headline "gunman caught at T station with machine gun"

" Law enforcement said that they knew that something was suspicious about the way he was carrying his guitar. Upon stopping and questioing him they searched the guitar case and found the machine gun. Officials say that they prevented an serious incident. Mayor Menio has responded by immediately banning all posession of firearms on the T or in a T station."

Sent from outside the Iron Curtain

McGyver never carried a gun. He used pre ban duct tape.

McGyver was actually very anti gun. I recently watched the entire series. He used an AK to create a diversion in the first episode and took apart a handgun for the recoil spring in another episode, but otherwise wouldn't touch them and there were lots of anti-gun references throughout the series. There was even one episode where they explained how his childhood friend was killed by a gun, sparking his gun hate.

/off topic factoid

Back
Top Bottom