AR-15 Raffle - Breast Cancer Charity Gun - tickets can now be ordered!

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2008/08/01/breast-cancer-charity-gun/

Larry Correia, owner of Fuzzy Bunny Movie Guns (and author of Monster Hunter International) is raffling off a pink Duracoated Stag 15 to raise money for breast cancer research; his mother-in-law just got finished with chemo. Tickets are $5 a whack, and per Larry, they CAN make it MA compliant if someone out here wins it.

I'm definitely buying some tickets. I don't care if it results in my owning a pink AR-15. (I could always give it to my niece, I suppose...)

Preliminary photo - they haven't finished touching up and clearcoating yet, so this is still a work in progress:

breast_cancer_gun_004.jpg

Last edited:
where do we purchase tickets?

Larry Correia said:
We’ll be raffling off tickets at $5 each. Anybody can enter. The winner will be announced at the October 4th Mega Fun Shoot. All proceeds go to charity. I’ll post up the charity details when we put up the official raffle next week. All federal, state, and local laws apply. I’ll also be begging other gunbloggers to post it.

Looks like I jumped the gun a little bit, as it seems that they're not ready to sell tickets yet.

That's OK; I read his blog on a regular basis and I'll update this thread when the official raffle post is up.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be buying some. My wife could use a nice pink AR, but even if for some reason they cannot make it MA compliant I'll buy some anyways.

Awesome. That looks like the one Ted Nugent gave to Jim Zumbo on his show. When are tickets available?

Awesome. That looks like the one Ted Nugent gave to Jim Zumbo on his show. When are tickets available?
sigh.gif
I begin to understand Scrivener more with every passing day...

readthethread.gif
Looks like I jumped the gun a little bit, as it seems that they're not ready to sell tickets yet.

That's OK; I read his blog on a regular basis and I'll update this thread when the official raffle post is up.

OK, the "official" post is up!

FBMG is proud to announce that we’re raffling a gun to benefit breast cancer research. All proceeds will be donated to the American Cancer Society. The winner will be announced at our 3rd Annual fun shoot on October 4th.

Tickets are $5 each. They can be ordered in person at FBMG, online at http://www.fbmginc.com/Breast-Cancer-Raffle-AR-15_p_1-8969.html , paypal at [email protected], or over the phone at (801) 571-1160. Tickets will be on sale until October 4th.

All federal, state, and local laws apply. If the winner is not a Utah resident, then it is the winner’s responsibility to find an FFL for us to transfer the gun to. The winner is responsible for all local transfer fees. If the winner is a resident of a state with sucky gun laws, we’ll do what we can to make the gun compliant, but if you’re a resident of California or someplace equivelent, we can sell it for you and send you a check.

FBMG has donated a Stag 15 rifle. Our gunsmith, www.gundoctor.wordpress.com has done a custom pink Duracoat paint job. The pictures above are not the finished product, as he still needs to touch it up and apply the final clear coat. Once that is done we’ll do up some glamour shots, but the reaction was so great to the original posting that we had to hurry and put this up.

To all the gunbloggers who have linked to this, thank you. This is for a great cause, and we’re looking forward to raising a bunch for charity.

Did I miss something? It was just an observation on my part. [wink][slap] Still don't see your point as I re-read post. [hmmm]
Yes, you did. Seven hours before you asked when tickets would be available, I posted info from the original site that they weren't ready to sell tickets and that I'd post when they WERE available.

Anyway, they're available now... and I just bought a bunch. Mmmm... pink rifle. Works for me.

Ross, Sorry bout that. I thought Nugent comment was issue. Getting tix tomorrow. Definately jumped the projectile launching device on the reading of post.

they CAN make it MA compliant if someone out here wins it.

Are you sure, because this comment scares me..

If the winner is a resident of a state with sucky gun laws, we’ll do what we can to make the gun compliant, but if you’re a resident of California or someplace equivelent, we can sell it for you and send you a check.

anyway, that being said. I will buy tickets for this.

AFAIK, CA's AWB is MUCH more restrictive than ours is - like, for example, you can't even have the pistol grip. I did check with them about MA explicitly and they said that if the winner is in MA, they will work with him/er and make it compliant.

Ross, are tickets available yet?

Just kidding...Sounds like a great cause and again - the rifle would be perfect for my daughter. Pinning on a brake, grinding the bayo lug and pinning the stock should be no biggie....If they had a problem with it, I'd just find a local smith to do it....

AFAIK, CA's AWB is MUCH more restrictive than ours is - like, for example, you can't even have the pistol grip. I did check with them about MA explicitly and they said that if the winner is in MA, they will work with him/er and make it compliant.

Cool, now when are they going to be avaliable? When they are, I'll get some.

Ross, are tickets available yet?

Just kidding...Sounds like a great cause and again - the rifle would be perfect for my daughter. Pinning on a brake, grinding the bayo lug and pinning the stock should be no biggie....If they had a problem with it, I'd just find a local smith to do it....
They'll do it - you won't have to find a smith to do it.
Cool, now when are they going to be avaliable? When they are, I'll get some.
[slap] Yeesh. A pair of wise guys! [rolleyes]

Buy all the tix you want, It may be moot......I win! They take plastic and phone number. Painless.[Enter] [Enter]

C-pher, didn't you read? J/K...Glad I wasn't alone. [wink][smile]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom