Anyone out there carry to work in a skilled trade?

Lol am a plumber certified welder and licensed medical gas installer. Not just a brown trout fisherman

That was my point. The OP seemed offended by being lumped in with the plumbers. I know several people in both trades and the income descrepancy between tin knockers and most licensed plumbers is at least $75k/year....and usually much more.

That was my point. The OP seemed offended by being lumped in with the plumbers. I know several people in both trades and the income descrepancy between tin knockers and most licensed plumbers is at least $75k/year....and usually much more.

I wouldnt say what i make but as a union plumber we do pretty well. No Complaints other than my bad knees torn cartilage in my shoulder and arthritis in my spine lol.

Carry every day for 14 years. I prefer my Kahr p9 with +p hollow points in warm weather and my 1911 in cold weather. Single stack makes a difference in conceal-ability and comfort. Had many different jobs but now a small business owner. Get A crossbreed iwb holster and you should be good all day, I like the horsehide versions the best.

I own an appliance repair service in the Worc area and carry every day while doing that, im up and down a lot and no one seems to notice and if they do well they have the right to ask me to leave or just ignore it. But that has never come up.

Jason.

I need deep concealment for my job. Carry a Ruger LCP pocket carry. Never had an issue. Don't even know it's there. A .380 in the pocket is better than Nothing. G23 or Kahr PM 45 appendix carry when I am not working.

True,
I am a builder and find it difficult to wear a tool belt and an IWB holster. When working in an office building, you can't ever let it show.

Looking into possibly a pocket carry option for those projects. Maybe a Seecamp or that size.

I carry a Seecamp on my ankle every day in an Elite holster as a back up. The only problem is, jumping off and on forklifts all day, I keep catching the mag release. One day a customer saw my magazine sitting on the warehouse floor as one of my guys was picking up. Luckily, he carried too. Since that happened, I always stretch wrap my mag release closed. My primary carry is a G21, but I'm always wearing a long coat, jacket or shirt. At our lumberyard, over half my guys carry at work and more than a few customers carry. Framers, Siders & Finish guys tend to pocket carry. I know roofers that have guns but none of them carry that I know of. At least three Electricians that I know carry IWB. I've pocket carried my wife's Sig P-238 a few times. I have so much crap in all my pockets it makes it very difficult to pocket carry for me.

Seecamp.jpg G21 Carry.jpg

I just checked my post for spelling/grammar etc, then looked at my awful camera phone pics. I did a double take, WTF, did I just become right handed? That would be an answer to prayer. I forgot anything in a mirror is reversed, LOL.

Last edited:
Bunch of lucky bastards. When it was overheard in my office that I was getting a LTC they issued a 'notice' that all weapons are banned from office, vehicles, and work sites. When I get arround to getting a sub-compact I can start pocket carrying but until then its a no-go for me.

BTW, I am a surveyor and am currently working 1 block from one of the more recent big shoot outs in Roxbury, even found a expended round sitting in the gutter the other day. My boss just said to 'leave if i dont feel safe'...

umm rox, dor, matt are all perfectly safe... until they arnt, then its to late to leave

Let it be said I am not a tin knocker. I am a service tech. Granted I could knock tin. A service tech is a much better paying job. [laugh]

Front left pocket everyday. I wear jeans to work and buy carpenters jeans cause they are a little looser but I have never had anyone notice. Like he said above concealed is not seen by anyone. Btw I work in the electrical field.

A Kahr PM40 fits in the front pocket of a pair of Dickies pretty well and a pair of Carharts even better.

I'm not in a trade, but IT. It's prohibited at my work, but as has been said. Enforce, concealled is concealled. Most days I leave it in the truck, bit occasionally carry in work. When I do it's usually either my Shield 9mm or XDs .45 in a Remora holster.

Every day. 92FS on my hip. I'm a mechanic so it get exposed plenty when I lean over an engine. Never been a problem and a few of my customers have even gotten their LTC after talking to me about carrying.

I carry a Seecamp on my ankle every day -
View attachment 62899

So do I, but's a BackUp for my Kimber Pepper Blaster. I don't plan to pull a Zimmerman unless I have to. A can of Spray may have saved George's life that night.

pepperblaster.png

Unlike you, I keep the Safety ON my Seecamp as well. Granted I shouldn't. I'll never get the damn thing off in a pinch.

Last edited:
When I was in the shop I carried everyday, but now I have to pass through a metal detector every day and carrying at work has become too much of a PIA

Kimber Pepper Blaster for you:

pepperblaster.png

There is another thread here all about the advantages of Pepper Spray as a first defense.

When confronted by a mean drunk, a homeless freak, an angry dog, or even a mugger, a shot to the face goes a long way. Keeps you out of the news as well.

Last edited:
Kahr CWfotay in a front pocket holster, when i am landscaping, had a dog surprise me yesterday, but she just wanted some love. nice black lab. its nice to have when the full grown twin bears walk by.

as carrying a weapon is against company policy I would NEVER do that.... BUT if I did I would have a little can of mace tied on the front of my safety vest (it can be ripped off with no problem) and a BG380 with an inside the pocket holster in my jeans pocket... not that I would EVER violate company policy, but if I did, no would notice the BG as long as I don't ever tell anyone...

Back
Top Bottom