• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone out there carry to work in a skilled trade?

Like plumbing, electrical, carpentry. You get the idea. I've been toying with the idea but I just haven't buy the bullet don't want the wrong customer to see when I lift my arms over my head

I cary my Tarus 38spl +P everywhere with me except when enjoying a cold brew. Nobody has noticed. Used to work on helicopters before I became a pilot and it never got in the way. Not the greatest gun but in a pinch it will work.
Its your right to carry anywhere but like a post office, court etc. I don't know why people have issues with it. I would rather hire a pro 2A guy then some nimrod anti-gunner pansy anyday.

Yes, travelling IT consulting. Was wearing a G27 IWB and got made once while under a desk, switched to scandium j frame appendix carry, haven't had a problem since.

Like plumbing, electrical, carpentry. You get the idea. I've been toying with the idea but I just haven't buy the bullet don't want the wrong customer to see when I lift my arms over my head
Human nature usually makes people avert their gaze during times of compromised
Modesty.'
Also your carry method should be job friendly . Done properly a casual flash of your carry piece will be perceived as part of your tool belt. e.g they are not expecting to see a gun, they will see, what they are expecting to see.

I open carry around the Farm my horses are at. The owner loves it. She is pro 2A, and states that if people don't like it they don't have to be on her land. I used to live in AL in the sticks and have shot a cayote that was stalking us. A farmer was killed a week prior when his peanut tractor broke down. He tried to hump it back to the house and never made it.
MA is completely different. We don't have any bad snakes where I go, the fisher cats are a joke and cayotes are small up here. But I still carry my 1911 or 30-30 with me on horse back.

Human nature usually makes people avert their gaze during times of compromised
Modesty.'
Also your carry method should be job friendly . Done properly a casual flash of your carry piece will be perceived as part of your tool belt. e.g they are not expecting to see a gun, they will see, what they are expecting to see.

True,
I am a builder and find it difficult to wear a tool belt and an IWB holster. When working in an office building, you can't ever let it show.

Looking into possibly a pocket carry option for those projects. Maybe a Seecamp or that size.

I cary my Tarus 38spl +P everywhere with me except when enjoying a cold brew. Nobody has noticed. Used to work on helicopters before I became a pilot and it never got in the way. Not the greatest gun but in a pinch it will work.
Its your right to carry anywhere but like a post office, court etc. I don't know why people have issues with it. I would rather hire a pro 2A guy then some nimrod anti-gunner pansy anyday.

i wouldn't trust my life to something i'd describe as "not the greatest gun".

YMMV apparently.

I'm still trying to find the most comfortable setup for this. Welder by trade, lots of lifting, moving, crawling around inside of weldments, bending, you name it. Getting made could cost me my job.

Currently putting $$ aside for one of the small single stack 9mm's (shield, pm9, pps) for IWB. Tried a 642 and didn't find it comfortable at all. Can't pocket or appendix carry so I'm kind of limited.

i wouldn't trust my life to something i'd describe as "not the greatest gun".

YMMV apparently.
View attachment 62850

Plenty of people have gotten out of shitty situations with a snubbie. With defensive ammo in a sufficient caliber, and a good quality firearm, along with a healthy dose of situational awareness will go a long way with a proficient shooter.

My daughter trusts her life to a Taurus revolver, I think they make a fine gun.

I might have to invest in a pocketable carry gun. But for some reason crawling through attics and basement crawl spaces with my gun on me sits a little weird..hmm

When I was in the shop I carried everyday, but now I have to pass through a metal detector every day and carrying at work has become too much of a PIA

Plumbers can't seem to even keep their ass crack covered, let alone keep a firearm concealed. jk

I'm a general contractor and often have to wear a toolbelt which means no IWB for me on those days. I picked up an ankle holster that i can either carry my m&p shield in or ruger lcr. Because the bottom of the holster sits on the top of my boots i don't need to use that extra strap that goes above your calf. Noirthshore firearms in middleton has alot in stock for ankle rigs.

Not at work but I have carried while building the retaining wall in my front yard idgaf if if showed, with digging it out so far like 12 hours if digging I haven't even accidentally flashed it in just a TShirt I iwb with a white hat and a g19

For bending lifting and crawling thru attics without having to explain why you carry a gun to customers and worse loosing a gun in an attic pocket carry is best.
Not fast or tacticool but who cares.
G-26 and 38 snubbie's work.

I would but unfortunately can't. It's directly addressed in their regulations/our contract.
Conceled means concealed, unless there are metal detectors. Wshats the worst that could happen you defend youself or co-workers from some nutcase and you get fired, better than being dead in my opinion.

I have been in construction for 18 years as a union plumber in boston. I know alot of licensed guys but only one that carrys and he is a elevator operator. I think with as much bending down and working with our hands over our heads may leave a good window for exposure. The elevator operator just stands there all day so its much easier for him to get away with it. Unless you go the cargo pants route with a pocket holster.

Back
Top Bottom