Anybody edc knives with 2.5 blades or less

Just have the answer before they ask the question.

"I have had some expensive dental work done. I need this knife to cut my apple at lunch. I can't bite an apple regular. See look here at my teeth, over here look at the back here, hold one where are you going?"

And I cut my apples with an Emerson Jungle Commander purchased from Mike-Mike.
He will hook you up with a real knife.

Last edited:
I've got over $5k invested in my dental work, and biting apples DOES hurt... Sounds like a good reason to start cutting my apples up at lunch with my EDC blade.
yes officer, i need to carry this 10 inch chefs knife to cut my apples. [laugh]

I don't go to Boston or Worcester where there are 2.5" limits. I EDC a Spyderco Endura and a Yojimbo 2. If I had to worry about having a less than 2.5 inch blade, I would get a Spyderco Karahawk with a 2.35" blade:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-C1...320?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56727972c8
1346605166.jpg

This is all you need...

Spyderco Delica 4 Exclusive 2.5" blade (Black)

Kahr Arms Blade.

The designer, Michael Janich of Spyderco, made me a custom Delica of this knife that is 2.5 inches 3 years ago.
Michael Janich made that trimmed down version for when he comes to Boston.

Now it is in full production and 100% legal in Boston.

http://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-Delica-Exclusive-blade-Khaki/dp/B00KSPI3ZQ

I just upgraded my EDC SOG blink to this Benchmade. Love it.

d882eec06ab0d94d5ada1cd04439d498.jpg

[

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I carry a Boker Subcom, really nice small blade for boston townships i visit only a 1 and 7/8" long blade that fits in the hand well

For the rest of MA its a CS AK47 knife

I carry a Spyderco Dragonfly in some fancy steel. I think its zip-189.

Its 2.25 inches, weighs less than an ounce with the clip removed and does all that I could ever need.

Don

p.s. an old hunter once told me that an outdoorsman's skill is inversely proportional to the size of his knife. I'm not terribly skilled, but its a funny saying.

A couple years ago, I cracked the code for Christmas gifts for work and family. I buy a dozen and a half pocket knives from smoky mt or Kennesaw and hand them out.
I buy them for less than $10 each, and they all fall in the jacknife category (trapper, stockman, Barlow, etc) from rough rider and schrade. Decent enough quality to last a year or so, no collector grades that you're afraid to use.
These usually have blades longer and shorter than 2.5 inches, and I find the smaller blades more useful for most tasks. I honestly never think about length, but also don't travel to Boston.
My goal is to start people carrying a knife again. I find that people who usually do something, or try to fix something are usually carrying a knife, and at least own a gun. Must be that self sufficient streak us clingers have.

+1 on the Spyderco Dragonfly. I have been carrying the same knife for years, clip removed, in my pocket.

I really love this knife. Although next time I probably won't spend for the exotic metal. Yes the edge lasts longer, but its very difficult to sharpen or even keep touched up with a steel. It catches on my sharpening steel because its harder than the steel.

I really like Tuna's idea of giving knives out for Christmas.

My grandfather told me that every gentleman carries with him a small pocket knife and a handkerchief. I'm at 50%.

Whats funny is whenever a beer bottle needs to be opened, or a box, or something cut, everyone looks at me because they know I have this little 2 inch Spyderco.

I find I use it 1 to 2 times a day.

Don

p.s. when opening boxes, I use the BACK of the blade so I don't wast the sharpness on such a utilitarian task.

image.jpg CRKT Drifter. HUGE fan. Easy to open or close with one hand, G10 scales, takes a nasty sharp edge, solid liner lock, and an extremely friendly price. You can find it on eBay for around $20, which makes it the perfect carry folder for me since I beat the shit out of mine at work without worry. Sure, it could hold an edge a little longer but I don't mind a little extra sharpening at that price. Can't recommend it enough.

Alot of the towns around me have the stupid 2.5 knife ordinance.

I'm curious for those in the same boat as me what blades do you carry?

You can reply here or pm me any opinions or info.

Derek

Two of the 3 knives I carry are less than 2.5", one isn't.

I don't stress over it.

I love it.. I linked the wrong knife.. I actually got this one https://www.dpxgear.com/shop/knives/heat-f-grey-niolox.html. Just the color and the steel differs.

Just want to let you know that you forced me (gun to my head) to spend a good deal of money on a nice knife I never knew existed. I've been looking for a wider, thicker blade knife for quite some time and the one you posted fits the bill. Thank you! And I mean that sincerely...

FrankNA

Just want to let you know that you forced me (gun to my head) to spend a good deal of money on a nice knife I never knew existed. I've been looking for a wider, thicker blade knife for quite some time and the one you posted fits the bill. Thank you! And I mean that sincerely...

FrankNA

Glad I could help... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, It is the biggest little knife I've handled and I liked it so much I bought another from Mike-Mike![smile]

FrankNA

Back
Top Bottom