• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anybody edc knives with 2.5 blades or less

Cryo I & II here.
Apparently they are 2.75" & 3.25" respectively. I like them but not much of a knife guy.
I picked up a few of each from woot! for under $20 each if I remember correctly.

No love for fixed blades? All I see are folders.

I carry the ESEE Candiru daily. It came with a crap sheath so I ditched it for a kydex one. I also added Micarta handles. It's a three-finger knife but I've put it through the ringer and it's held steady.

I had asked this in a different thread. But I figured I'd ask it here as this thread appears to get more knife-enthusiast attention.

What are your thoughts on edc the single edged soc?

In my eyes it's a single edged fixed blade with no additional grip. It's just the predicament of having that seen that way by an LEOs eyes.

Again, I don't predict getting frisked anytime soon. But if this situation were to come up.... Do you think this blade could get me into a bind?

165dceec161a2eb8376bab7295e96690.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No love for fixed blades? All I see are folders.

One of the knives I carry is this one, fixed blade.
http://www.kabar.com/knives/detail/76

I had asked this in a different thread. But I figured I'd ask it here as this thread appears to get more knife-enthusiast attention.

In my eyes it's a single edged fixed blade with no additional grip. It's just the predicament of having that seen that way by an LEOs eyes.

Again, I don't predict getting frisked anytime soon. But if this situation were to come up.... Do you think this blade could get me into a bind?

If you are going to worry about what a LEO "would think" about any knife you carry, IMNSHO I think that you are over-thinking it. If any LEO is frisking you, any knife is going to be looked at as a "threat" and "inappropriate" for you to have. Reality should be that nobody ever sees the knife and it is a non-issue but makes us feel better for that "just in case". My TDI fits that bill for me, it is the only knife that I never use, whereas the others are regularly used to open Mail, boxes, cut apart boxes for recycle, etc.

This question reminds me of something I often hear from people who are new to firearms.

"Can the police arrest me for carrying . . . "

The truth is the police can arrest you for anything.

Police are humans, subject to all the inconsistencies and emotional reaction that all of us are subject to.

The reality is that a cop is going to react differently to a "fighting" knife than he will to a pocket knife.

That SOC looks "tactical".
A swiss army knife does not.

In a real time interaction with a cop, they will be perceived very differently.

I'm not in any way suggesting that you not carry what you want. However, you should be aware of how all of this will be interpreted.
Of course police, like all of us, use the "totality" of the situation to assess what to do.

If you are dressed like a predator and get patted down, a fighting knife will be interpreted badly.

If you are an electrician and dressed as such and possess a beaten, abused fixed blade knife in a sheath, its probably going to be ignored.

If your dressed "business casual" and driving a Volvo SUV with a My Kid is an Honor Student, bumper sticker, you will probably get the benefit of the doubt unless the cop is an a55h0le.

Don

My EDC is a spyderco Caly 3.5"

I do not stress over it. Most towns it's a fine and confiscation. Some towns it's arrestable. Whatever. I like having a nice substantial knife on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know the answer to your question, but that is one sweet looking knife!

FWIW, I was at the Worcester Court for some probate business recently. I made sure to properly secure my EDC in my vehicle, as well as cell phone. I completely failed to leave my pocket knife behind. This is a 3.25" inch spring assisted knife. Of course I set off metal detector.....shoes, belt, etc.. Wand reminded me of knife. The court officer and a WPD said they would lock it up and gave me a claim ticket to pick up on exit. No problem what so ever...

I love it.. I linked the wrong knife.. I actually got this one https://www.dpxgear.com/shop/knives/heat-f-grey-niolox.html. Just the color and the steel differs.

Mine arrived on Saturday. Man this knife is stout! Looks like it is built to handle any task you can throw at it. Very well made, excellent fit & finish, sits nice and low in my front pocket & is my new EDC knife. It replaces my Benchmade Mini Griptillian which I've been EDC'ing since 2007. Picked it up for a great price from KnifeConnection.com

Yes, compared to many of the folders out there it is much more substantial.

Mine arrived on Saturday. Man this knife is stout! Looks like it is built to handle any task you can throw at it. Very well made, excellent fit & finish, sits nice and low in my front pocket & is my new EDC knife. It replaces my Benchmade Mini Griptillian which I've been EDC'ing since 2007. Picked it up for a great price from KnifeConnection.com

I have an older Leatherman Charge ti (so old it's been discontinued) that I really like and do carry when I need that type of tool. I used to carry it a lot more often when I was younger but I've become more of a minimalist as I get older. My Benchmade Mini Griptillian served my needs fine for the past 8 years but the DPx HEAT is what I have been looking to find for the last 6 months or so. I like that it provides a full 4 finger grip, has a robust blade, is easy to carry & conceal and is a very functional knife.

Back
Top Bottom