Anybody edc knives with 2.5 blades or less

CRKT Pazoda 2
http://www.crkt.com/Pazoda-2-Razor-Sharp-Edge-Smaller-model
CR-6470.jpg

Got stopped in boston for s delica 4 clipped to my dress pants. Said I was opening boxes. (I was). He said bullshit, opened the blade to measure it and passed it back to me. Since it still had tape goo and crap on it , passed it back to me and told me to leave it at home.

I said politely that ill keep exercising my licensed rights and bring it with me into the city.

Never checked id.it was all I could do to not get pissed off and snap at him.

Saw the same officer a few days later and he nodded at me as I passed. Still bitter about being approached the first day for such a stupid thing as having a folder on my pocket.

_= fshalor

Can you actually get in legal trouble for carrying a knife longer than a town ordinance allows? I was under the impresdion that they would just take it away at most.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Got stopped in boston for s delica 4 clipped to my dress pants. Said I was opening boxes. (I was). He said bullshit, opened the blade to measure it and passed it back to me. Since it still had tape goo and crap on it , passed it back to me and told me to leave it at home.

I said politely that ill keep exercising my licensed rights and bring it with me into the city.

Saw the same officer a few days later and he nodded at me as I passed. Still bitter about being approached the first day for such a stupid thing as having a folder on my pocket.

_= fshalor

Did you point him to the nearest 7/11 for which he could find vagisil for his yeast infection, or at least offer to rub his back for being a bitchy twat with nothing better to do in a city full of actual criminals? ****ing c*nt

Can you actually get in legal trouble for carrying a knife longer than a town ordinance allows? I was under the impresdion that they would just take it away at most.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

My understanding is that they can arrest you and drag you into court, where you can be fined for the offense. I'd rather not find out, so I try to avoid towns with these ordinances. If I can't, I carry a smaller knife, such as a spyderco Chicago. (Named for its length being under Chicago's draconian limit) the laws are BS, but its not worth getting popped for. Work to change the laws or move.

Interestingly enough, there is no limit on legal blade length for carry state wide. You could carry a sword if you'd like. I guarantee that you'd get a lot of unwanted attention, but you'd legally be fine as long as it only had a single edge. Someone asked about the legality of the wave feature, which allows you to open a knife as you pull it from your pocket. These would fall under the mass state law, which prohibits carry of a "device or case which allows a knife with a locking blade to be drawn at a locked position". My understanding is that this law was originally aimed at cases that were sort of popular for Buck knives in the early 80's. they carried a Buck knife slightly open and opened the knife the rest of the way as you pulled it out of the sheath. Kind of dumb, IMHO, but apparently it scared the politicians enough to outlaw them.

Last edited:
Alot of the towns around me have the stupid 2.5 knife ordinance.

I'm curious for those in the same boat as me what blades do you carry?

You can reply here or pm me any opinions or info.

Derek

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I carry a Leatherman (orange) Juice S2. It happens to fit the 2.5 inch requirement you are concerned about.

I carry either an ESEE Izula II or ESEE 3 on the belt with a Victorinox SwissTool X on work days (M-Sat) or a Buck Vantage Pro clipped to pocket on Sunday. The smallest blade on those is the Izula at 2.63". I am looking to pick up a Zero Tolerance 0550 or 0566 to replace the buck though. Regarding the Emerson Wave feature, I've never owned an Emerson, but did have a couple DPx HEST/Folders with their version of the wave which I loved. It's very handy when pulling and opening the knife, I miss it dearly on the Buck.

My understanding is that they can arrest you and drag you into court, where you can be fined for the offense. I'd rather not find out, so I try to avoid towns with these ordinances. If I can't, I carry a smaller knife, such as a spyderco Chicago. (Named for its length being under Chicago's draconian limit) the laws are BS, but its not worth getting popped for. Work to change the laws or move.

If you get shaken down for a knife in one of these towns you probably have far bigger problems to deal with than a knife ordinance that's not even a misdemeanor.

-Mike

Emerson Combat Karambit. According to Emerson's site, blade length is 2.6 inches. As others have mentioned, if I actually have to use it for protection, blade length is the least of my worries.

is there a blade length limit if it's a fixed blade? (for city ordinances)

I carry a 3 inch blade. If I get caught with it, they can take it. As much as it would suck to lose a $130 knife, it ain't the end of the world. I think my town has a $25 fine. I'd find it pretty funny if a cop had a problem with my knife given the gun he'd also find on my hip.

Alot of the towns around me have the stupid 2.5 knife ordinance.

I'm curious for those in the same boat as me what blades do you carry?

You can reply here or pm me any opinions or info.

Derek

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

_= fshalor

WTF were you doing that brought enough attention to yourself that a cop was staring at your dress pants. Sniff Sniff, smells like [bs1]

I really enjoy this: http://hideawayknife.com/utilityhak.php

Mine disappears on my belt and gets a lot of use. The loop lets me keep it (literally) on hand when I'm using it frequently, and I can hide it under my belt and keep it on hand with a tucked in shirt without anyone noticing.

21-cleansidedone.jpg

Emerson Combat Karambit. According to Emerson's site, blade length is 2.6 inches. As others have mentioned, if I actually have to use it for protection, blade length is the least of my worries.

I wish I could figure out how to sharpen the curved blade, otherwise this is a great knife

Saw this... thought it somewhat relevant info... I carry a SOG Flash 2. 3.5" blade. So according to this, I can't carry my knife concealed in Maine, but could I clip it to the outside of my jeans instead and make it open carry?

knife-laws-infographic.jpg

some of those states are surprising.
Like LA and not being able to carry a concealed pocket knife larger than 3".

Back
Top Bottom