Anvil Arms

Is that from a Bull?
Yes. We watched the production, in fact. It's a very patriotic bull, too, as it took that dump on July 4th. Chris & I were at OSV on July 4th a couple of years ago, saw the bull produce that and we just looked at each other and agreed it looked just like one of Captain Walt's posts would be the PERFECT picture for NES.

Any other silly questions?

Yep...

The exact same thing.

(^_^)

Seriously, watched the production, and turned and looked at each other with exactly the same idea. I think I got the color a little more exact, but Dwarven1's depth of field is better. In any case, that pile is so fresh that if it wasn't early July, it would have been steaming. (^_^)

I'd like to say it was dropped during the disclosure of the grievances in the Declaration of Independence, but, alas, it was later.

I'll tell ya, it's kind of interesting to watch the faces of some people when they hear the stories of how commonplace it was for people to walk about or keep firearms. A lot of liberals out there have bought the idea of mostly unarmed colonists hook line and sinker.

You want to really get an earful from the people who work at OSV or the visitor center near the Old North Bridge in Concord, ask them "how was it the colonists managed to fight off the British without any training?" and listen to them rip you a new one regarding just how often and serious militia duty was.

But I digress.....

Hey Dwarven1, you know the blacksmith shop at OSV? Well it was moved there from Main St in my town. The current owners of the property are in the process of replicating the building on the original location. It is a LARGE blacksmith shop with a double forge and enough room to allow a stage coach to be driven in for repairs in all weather. And yes, the replica will have a working forge and the owner is hoping to run classes in old time foundry skills. Should be interesting.

Is it just me, or am I the only person expecting to see a post of a photoshop involving the Anvil Arms logo with a steaming turd next to it? [laugh]

-Mike

"Dear Jon... we at NES would like to order upper receivers with the included laser engraved turd logo, placed below your logo. We realize that alignment is INCREDIBLY difficult, but please at least try to get it so that the turd logo lines up with the bottom of the anvil... "

"Dear Jon... we at NES would like to order upper receivers with the included laser engraved turd logo, placed below your logo. We realize that alignment is INCREDIBLY difficult, but please at least try to get it so that the turd logo lines up with the bottom of the anvil... "

[rofl]

Would it be ok if the anvil ended up IN the turd logo?

Other than what I read here, I don't now anything about Anvil Arms. But, I do know that when a thread discussing your business contains a sizable number of posts discussing animal feces, your business model needs some attention. Ouch.

Anyone else waiting for Anvil Arms to ship their lower?

I have been waiting for 2 months. Have been told that it should ship in Jan, but don't have it yet. I had a memo emailed to me by Anvil where Jon said that they were filling orders based strictly upon when the order was placed and that the sooner you place the order the sooner you will "get in line".

I just checked their website, which I have been doing on a regular basis and it now says that if you want to order a stripped lower today and pay $175 (a premium over the regular price) they will ship immediately from stock!!!

Sounds like a big slap in the face to all the customers that have been patiently waiting (along with a side order of price gouging.)

I just sent them an email asking for an explanation.

Totally bogus, unethical and possibly illegal.

Have you thought of contacting the Better Business Bureau and letting them know about this?

If I told you guys that I was really happy with the service I received from Anvil Arms both times I've ordered from them, would you be mad at me?

Absolutely not. I'd be happy for you. I don't want people to have a bad experience. You do, however, appear to be the exception, not the rule.

Hey Dwarven1, you know the blacksmith shop at OSV? Well it was moved there from Main St in my town. The current owners of the property are in the process of replicating the building on the original location. It is a LARGE blacksmith shop with a double forge and enough room to allow a stage coach to be driven in for repairs in all weather. And yes, the replica will have a working forge and the owner is hoping to run classes in old time foundry skills. Should be interesting.
Oooh... this sounds VERY interesting.

Attempted to call Anvil Arms 3 times today from 1030-1445 with no answer. If I don't get some answers soon this is going to go to the BBB. I can't take it anymore.

Did you use a CC or send in a check? I would call your CC company and have a chargeback issued. Not only will you get your money back, but he'll get walloped with a chargeback fee.

Attempted to call Anvil Arms 3 times today from 1030-1445 with no answer. If I don't get some answers soon this is going to go to the BBB. I can't take it anymore.

Calling the BBB is not going to do much. They will send AA a letter stating there is a complaint against them....

Calling the AG's office in FL is probably a better bet if you actually want the issue resolved.

We'll see what the morning holds.

Calling the BBB is not going to do much. They will send AA a letter stating there is a complaint against them....

Calling the AG's office in FL is probably a better bet if you actually want the issue resolved.

Agreed, making excuses and giving them more time is not spreading the word to the rest of the community. The poor business practice needs to be exposed and you deserve the courtesy afforded your greenbacks. I'd start making some calls and raising hell.

Call them and leave a message saying that if you don't hear back from them by the end of the day, you're going to call the BATFE.

So, I called at 0930, no answer. Called back at 0945, no answer. Called again at 1000 and .... [shocked] Emily answered the phone! So I tell her that I am trying to check on an order that I placed in July of 2008 that Neva was going to ship out before the SHOT show for me. Ok, she places me on hold to check on it. No problem...then she comes back saying that she will have to call me back because her computer isn't working right! [angry][rolleyes][angry][angry][angry]. So then I say "You are going to call me back TODAY right?" and Emily with the best Anvil Arms customer service voice says "Yes." I give her my phone number and hang up. If I was a gambling man, I'd put my money on me sitting on my phone all day without getting a call but again ... we shall see.

Yeah, I think the BBB is going to be a useless avenue by looking over their website. Kinda like a big mediator who has no power to really do anything. What would the AG be able to do for me?

Call them and leave a message saying that if you don't hear back from them by the end of the day, you're going to call the BATFE.

The big dogs (BATFE)...what would they be able to do for me? I don't know if I'd want to give them a call though...as far as I know...I don't exist yet to them...or I am at least just a number...I like it that way.

***I will update this thread as needed until I am holding and posting an image of my COMPLETE NES AR. Derek...make sure that the domain is paid up for a LOOOOONG time, I might want to pay some membership fees forward now. [laugh]

Explain to the AG the time line, the calls, the lies, the payment being made. The AG's office will contact them to find out what the issue is. This worked for me in the past when a non-profit was refusing to show me their books. I was getting literally the same run around. I called the MN AG and they made a call, later that day I got a call from the non-profit group stating they had everything I needed and to come down.

I don't like having to resort to that but you're almost on month 7 and you are being fed bullshit with every contact attempt.

You could get your money back and order from someone else and get it quicker.

As promised...here is the update! So after posting the above post, I realized that Anvil Arms was not going to return my call in a timely manner. Once again, I picked up the phone and CALLED THEM!

So Emily answers the phone and I tell her I am calling back because I had not heard from her in a timely manner. She puts me on hold for a few minutes and then Neva picks up the phone. Well guess what! According the Neva, my order has been sitting on the shipping table since the last time we talked (1/12/09)...over a week! So I ask (as polite as I could), when they were going to call me to tell me that there was a problem instead of me having to check on my order everyday. She tells me that she just got back from the Dr.'s office...really for a damn week?

Now for the REALLY good part. [angry]

I have my sales order from Jon @ Anvil Arms dated 7/30/08. I have gone over the order numerous times with Jon via email and on 1/12/09, I went over the sales order LINE BY LINE with Neva and I approved it to be shipped. Well wouldn't you know but on my order, they didn't have a price listed for the stock that I ordered from them. I didn't catch it because I figured that it was just gonna be included for whatever reason (as it should be now). Well apparently after Neva and I talked on the 12th, she forwarded the order to the shipping people and they noticed that there was no charge for the stock. So they put my order on hold until it was cleared up. That is where the problem is ... they didn't tell anyone that the order was on hold until I called today and Neva went to personally check on it. So then I have to sit there and argue with Neva that the order was approved and blah blah blah but even after all the crap they put me through, they don't even budge and now I'm paying another $75 for my stock.

Jon also failed to get any bolt/carriers at the SHOT show so to cut all ties with Anvil Arms, I tell Neva to take it off my order. Neva insists that when they come in I will be the first to get them but considering Anvil Arm's terrible customer service...I'd have to call multiple times a day just to see if they have one yet...NEGATIVE! I'll take my money back.

Oh but the good news ... Neva personally promised me that my order is now all set and WILL be UPS'd out to me today. Now I hate to not believe her because after all...she is just trying to make a living but her promise to me is comparable to Obama's promise for hope and change that we don't need. [laugh] Sorry I had to crack a smile before I snapped.

So again, Neva and I went over the order LINE BY LINE and I verified the price of EVERYTHING on the order ... even the tshirt that I ordered because I thought in the beginning that I would want to promote their company. I will keep this thread updated as I am now waiting for Neva to send me my updated/confirmed/shipped invoice and my UPS tracking information. Hell, I might even post the tracking number so we can all watch it disappear (Sound familiar US5777? [laugh]) into the corner of a UPS truck together.

Now I don't want anything for free but I was in the customer service business long enough to know that at some point you SHOULD compensate your customers.

I'm going to go wash the car now and blow off some steam.

[horse][angry][frown][crying]

Stay tuned folks ... I'm sure there is more to come! [laugh]

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm gonna be that guy... is that T-shirt gonna be a target at the next NES shoot? [grin]

-Mike

Damn that sucks d00d, they should comp you for the stock. If it were me, I'd have given up long ago and gotten a refund.

Good luck on getting the rifle, I'm subscribed to see the outcome.

Back
Top Bottom