• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anvil Arms

Trigger Pull

Mike - call me before you post it. If it's anything like mine is you'll love it. As nuts as the whole process made me - the finished product was quite nice. The first pull of the trigger made the whole thing fade - the first mag dump made it melt away...I love this rifle. Focus on the meaning of having an NES AR-15. There are only 200 and will never likely be anymore....
Yes, I was pleasantly surprised by the trigger on my NES lower. It`s a hell of a lot better than standard GI trigger.

[laugh2][rofl]

Maybe its a sign but it arrived in Shrewsbury, MA at 2:23pm today. Hopefully I can end my hijack of this thread tomorrow afternoon when I get my package.

Mike - good seeing you today and it's nice to see you on the job as well! Can't believe they let you drive that car all by yourself - you should have hit the sirens! [smile]

Seriously, let me know if you want me to drop my BCM BCG in my briefcase - you can use it to at least see how she shoots...[cheers]

PS: What are you running for a stock and is it a heavy buffer?

I still wouldn't change your sig line. Not much has changed other than you got it after 6 months of crap.

I'm a man of my word, so unfortunately it has to come out. That doesn't mean that I can't put another, better one in there! Provided Derek approves of it...it is his show after all. [laugh]

Mike - good seeing you today and it's nice to see you on the job as well! Can't believe they let you drive that car all by yourself - you should have hit the sirens! [smile]

Seriously, let me know if you want me to drop my BCM BCG in my briefcase - you can use it to at least see how she shoots...[cheers]

PS: What are you running for a stock and is it a heavy buffer?

Mark, good to see you as well. I didn't think you recognized me right away and I didn't want you to bolt off into the sunset [laugh]. Thank you for the offer of your BCM BCG...very generous as always. Hopefully I won't need to take you up on it, but if I get a day off and have the itch, I'll let you know. Thank you.

Well...I'm gonna get some rest now...its like a kid on Christmas Eve knowing that Santa is coming tomorrow. Hopefully he brings me the right present. [hmmm]

What is this packing ticking? Maybe its a timer of some sort counting down my rage at discovering shoddy parts and bicycle parts wrapped in cellophane inside. [laugh]

LOL...I hope MichaelJ has the same experience I did - a lot of aggravation, turned to anticipation and excitement when the package was leaning up against my door. I was like a kid in a candy store - still, I had it in the back of my mind that it was going to be shitty. It wasn't...It is one of the nicest AR uppers I've seen, (short of a Noveske or LaRue)...It's just...well made.

He should have given us his tracking number so we could track this puppy ourselves...Michael, if you're asleep in your patrol car, wake the hell up and give us a report...[wink]

nes068006oi3.jpg

nes068007vl1.jpg

nes068004jx3.jpg

nes068005bh8.jpg

nes068002ya4.jpg

nes068003pu2.jpg

nes068001lr8.jpg

[party] [wave]
WooHoo! So sorry for the wait guys. It got delivered today at about noon and I got to open it about 5pm. I still haven't got it completely together...but enough for some pics. I am still in need of the bolt carrier and a Troy rear battle sight.

My only questions are...
1 - How do I keep the buffer/spring in the stock? It seems to just want to fly out.
2 - What are these parts? They came with the lower.

001ua5.jpg

OK...Im gonna thread jack...I can't find my AR books and I can't find it online...how do I use those parts! haha I'm a noob.

Edit...figured it out. But holy damn the rear takedown pin is a bitch to get in and out...and that was even before I added the detent/spring.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Jon at Anvil Arms
Because of the shape of the anvil no matter where we place it people complain it looks off center.

Yeah, but the A and the semi-circle on the bottom line up perfect and that would draw the eye to a nice centerline.

nes068006oi3.jpg

nes068007vl1.jpg

nes068004jx3.jpg

nes068005bh8.jpg

nes068002ya4.jpg

nes068003pu2.jpg

nes068001lr8.jpg

[party] [wave]
WooHoo! So sorry for the wait guys. It got delivered today at about noon and I got to open it about 5pm. I still haven't got it completely together...but enough for some pics. I am still in need of the bolt carrier and a Troy rear battle sight.

My only questions are...
1 - How do I keep the buffer/spring in the stock? It seems to just want to fly out.
2 - What are these parts? They came with the lower.

001ua5.jpg

I thought you were kidding about this post!

Well, you have it figured out, so good luck with your new rifle.

Chris

WTB: M16 bolt/carrier...no price gougers.

Are you building a full auto? If not, the M16 bolt carrier serves only to increase the risk of ATF problems if there is ever a reason for your gun to be examined.

I believe that ATF issued a letter (posted on ARFCOM 6 or 9 months ago), reversing a previous letter that they issued, that FA bolt carriers should not be used in AR-15 type rifles. If I remember the jist of the letter, it stated that just because Colt or whoever was shipping them that way, didn't make it legal. Ya I know that they said it was ok at one time, but I think this falls under one person, not knowing what the F**K another person at technical branch said.

I personally think it's just their way of spreading FUD and keeping as many people open to persecution/prosecution as possible. If the technical interpretation is so unclear that no one can get the straight scoop, they get to make up the rules as they go along.

I would not use a FA carrier. Better off with a carrier weight.

B

I believe that ATF issued a letter (posted on ARFCOM 6 or 9 months ago), reversing a previous letter that they issued, that FA bolt carriers should not be used in AR-15 type rifles. If I remember the jist of the letter, it stated that just because Colt or whoever was shipping them that way, didn't make it legal. Ya I know that they said it was ok at one time, but I think this falls under one person, not knowing what the F**K another person at technical branch said.

I personally think it's just their way of spreading FUD and keeping as many people open to persecution/prosecution as possible. If the technical interpretation is so unclear that no one can get the straight scoop, they get to make up the rules as they go along.

I would not use a FA carrier. Better off with a carrier weight.

B

Here's the final word - there has been no decision reversal:

www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/ATF M16 Letter.pdf

Here's the final word - there has been no decision reversal:

On May 5th 2008 that may be true. The problem is that there have been dueling letters.

Seems like the same time frame from one of the letters that was posted. Let me see if I can find it.

B

edit: It was a year ago. Based on the date of that letter you posted, it appears fine as long as there has not been any flip flops - published or not.

However I would not use a FA carrier based on the BS that ATF has pulled with their interpretations.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom