Anvil Arms

What a disaster your order is!

FYI Anvil Arms has 3 employees. I know of 3 names, Jon, Emily and Neva. So when you are talking to all 3, and they say that the shipping dept put it aside... you know what that means.

Jon (the president) frequents the AR15 forum under the "industry forum" for Anvil Arms you will find a thread where I have had some posts (pings)regarding my order.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=244&t=167844

You should post your situation here. Jon will probably reply or at least be so embarrassed that he will resolve it.

I'd tell them to forget it and refund all the money. You can get all that stuff from a reputable company with less hassle. You're putting yourself through all this for a laser etch...

Calling the BBB is not going to do much. They will send AA a letter stating there is a complaint against them....

Calling the AG's office in FL is probably a better bet if you actually want the issue resolved.

If it were me, I'd get some documentation of the premium to ship now for more money, and include that with the complaint to the AG.

AA is bordering on bait and switch, and from what has happened here, he has lost an FFL that was going to buy his products. Can't be doing business with a vendor that doesn't ship in reasonable time.

FYI Anvil Arms has 3 employees. I know of 3 names, Jon, Emily and Neva. So when you are talking to all 3, and they say that the shipping dept put it aside... you know what that means.

Yup, yet ANOTHER lie.

A reasonable business would have sent the stock at no charge, eating the loss, to keep a customer.

Here's my read on it, and where AA is headed.

He'll likely be out of business, for the most part, within 3-4 years max. His reputation wil slide further and further, to the point he'll become a bit player in the market. He doesn't do custom serial numbers any more, other than large (as in 500) batches, from what I hear, and laser engraving will get you only so much AR business. His product is no better than many of the other brands out there, and his business methods and ethics are deplorable. He can only hide so much bad reputation through deletions on Arfcom, and none of that is going to stop anything on OTHER forums, especially the bigger ones (like this one).

Now, that's assuming the FL AG (or the Feds) doesn't come down on him for shady business practices. He's not far from crossing that line right now.

Last edited:
I'd post it in a more general area that he can't mod. Assuming thats possible. I'm guessing that the company sections of that forum are modded by the company and anything else is the people running the site.

I did, back when we had other issues, and they moved it to his forum where he promptly deleted it.

Sorry, I'm gonna be that guy... is that T-shirt gonna be a target at the next NES shoot? [grin]

-Mike

Yes, it will be brought to the WMass shoot that Mark is hopefully going to get approved and setup. If not, it will be Mark and I putting some rounds into it alone at the LSC. [laugh]

This whole episode sounds sadly familiar....Good luck Mike. When I was told my order was shipping, (at last), I got a tracking number by 4pm. It never moved until a few days later...

4pm ... no tracking number ... [rofl]

Well I have an update.

According to UPS @ 7:15pm, they have received notification of my package. Whoopie! All this means is that Anvil Arms setup to have it shipped. How many days before it leaves the shop?

He may be busy now, but when the bottom falls out of the AR market (and it will) he's going to go quickly out of business.

It's too bad really. He seemed like a nice enough fellow the few times he posted here, just a bit overwhelmed. Maybe he can catch on with someone else. Someone that will better handle customers.

Customers may be a pain in the ass sometimes, but they're good for business.

He may be busy now, but when the bottom falls out of the AR market (and it will) he's going to go quickly out of business.

It's too bad really. He seemed like a nice enough fellow the few times he posted here, just a bit overwhelmed. Maybe he can catch on with someone else. Someone that will better handle customers.

Customers may be a pain in the ass sometimes, but they're good for business.

He wasn't this busy in June when I ordered it. I almost snapped when he tried to use that excuse on me last month.

Wow! Glad I didn't get in on this train wreck at the time. I didn't have my license then and that was probably a blessing in disguise.

If he was smart when he was swamped he would have done two things....

-Stopped accepting orders;
-Expanded capacity to meet demand.

Either one of those things is preferable to letting someone tilt around in the
wind.

I know from personal experience that "Sorry I can't help you right now" is better than "Sure I can do that" and then completely missing the expectation of the customer. The former might make them disappointed momentarily but the latter will leave them with a bitter taste in their mouth from you that they will not forget.

-Mike

If he was smart when he was swamped he would have done two things....

-Stopped accepting orders;
-Expanded capacity to meet demand.

Either one of those things is preferable to letting someone tilt around in the
wind.

I know from personal experience that "Sorry I can't help you right now" is better than "Sure I can do that" and then completely missing the expectation of the customer. The former might make them disappointed momentarily but the latter will leave them with a bitter taste in their mouth from you that they will not forget.

-Mike

X2! Someone needs to explain customer service and GOOD business practices to Jon Kruger.

***UPDATE***
LAKELAND,FL, US
01/20/2009 9:25 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
01/20/2009 8:35 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
01/20/2009 6:29 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Time for bed.

He sent you the wrong part to buy himself some more time.

[laugh] Opps, so sorry we screwed up on that order, what was the part that you wanted again? I'll ship it out this afternoon, promise.

[laugh2][rolleyes][crying][sad2][frown][angry]

***UPDATE***
The package...and whatever contents may be in it, arrived in Jacksonville, FL at 2:42am on 1/21/09.

Stay tuned!

Guy at the UPS store says it is scheduled for delivery on Friday.

There might be a For Sale thread Friday night they way I am feeling right now.

I still say it's the wrong item.

Mike, I really hope it's the right one for your sake, I just don't think it is.

Good luck selling those bicycle spokes, pliers, and 3lbs of packing peanuts. [laugh]

Nah, good luck. I do hope they deliver a good, functional, working product.

Mike - call me before you post it. If it's anything like mine is you'll love it. As nuts as the whole process made me - the finished product was quite nice. The first pull of the trigger made the whole thing fade - the first mag dump made it melt away...I love this rifle. Focus on the meaning of having an NES AR-15. There are only 200 and will never likely be anymore....

Back
Top Bottom