Another CMP order going out

It does not really matter. It's on cmp auction and that seems to add value on top of any other value.
My guess is its like new or in issued and can be positively ID'd. In the end that's what it's,worth to the highest bidder. Look at all the carbines just a few years ago most where 600$ or less ?

Where do you think this will end 6k all ready
http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail...nd-Winchester-Repeating-Arms-1342807-Like-New

Up to 10k and 5 days left.... http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail...nd-Winchester-Repeating-Arms-1342807-Like-New come now get your bids in!

Last edited:
Hear anything? I should have done certified mail.

Check your email. I just got an email minutes ago!

We have received and verified your recent order. There is nothing that we will be able to tell you about the order until we have input all orders received ahead of yours into the system. Your order will now advance to our sales area and from there to our shipping area. You will receive other emails as the order progresses.

So when everything goes full cmp auction what do you think that 750$ service grade will cost.
Ok M1 gurus what makes it worth 39k....

Never been so happy to see a charge on my account!

Very good what did you order, I actually recieved a phone call last week on my IHC order. I missed the cut for a IHC al together not even a field grade. They offered a service grade or a special to be shipped within a few weeks.....well I turned it down. Just dont have the room or cash to spend on another service grade.

There had to be at least two people bidding to run it up that high. Were both of them adding an extra zero?

he could have bid 39000 early on and someone else or two others kept bidding against each other till it hit stupid level and they gave up. Can you see the whole bid history like on ebay?

he could have bid 39000 early on and someone else or two others kept bidding against each other till it hit stupid level and they gave up. Can you see the whole bid history like on ebay?

I'm a little confused let's just say ok he did bid 39000.00 by mistake early on. When the auction ended said 39001.00 Also why would the increments of bidding not go up.
Personally I think someone is,playing games. Posted on cmp forums the gun is to be relisted? Why does it not go to the next highest bidder?

I'm a little confused let's just say ok he did bid 39000.00 by mistake early on. When the auction ended said 39001.00 Also why would the increments of bidding not go up.
Personally I think someone is,playing games. Posted on cmp forums the gun is to be relisted? Why does it not go to the next highest bidder?

sorry I didn't look at the end result. If he did type an extra zero, say he meant to bid 3901 then it could end at 39001. There's a whole scheme to bidding in order to get the high bid without going to the next increment.

For instance, say bid increments are $5 and the bid is currently $90 and that bidder's max bid is $100. I could bid $101 and I would be the high bidder because the increment is more than the $5 minimum (which would make it $95) and outbids the $100 that the other guy 'pre'-bid so to speak. I figured this out on ebay years ago and you can sometimes use it at the last minute to steal an auction for a buck or less over the high bidder. This wouldn't work in a live auction of course, just the electronic/online ones.

So the reason it does not go to the next highest bidder is because he would get screwed. Say his last bid was $38900 and this clown had a $39001 fake bid, well that drove up the second place bidder via a fake bid that the winner was never going to honor. You'd have to roll it all back to remove the fake bidder from the equation but then someone still gets screwed because that fake bid influenced all the action after it. There's just no fair way to undo the apparently fraudulent bids and figure out what would have actually happened if they weren't in the mix. The fairest thing is to start over and ban the assclown from bidding.

Thing about large collections is if the rifles are correct or made correct after ? Although they are no longer active in this activity I know 5 guys.
They would buy the 12 a year limit and swap parts to get correct rifle period correct parts, they would swap and trade parts through each other... they did this from aprox 1998-2004 or so... only remaining member still active at the club says he has only 15 rifles remaining from the cmp.
Sold off all the regular garands. His pride of his collection is a M1D sniper still in the wrap/box
A few collector grade M1s and one un issued SA from the early 50s.

I'm curious if the 15 sold through HTP where on the floor or on GB? I had heard rumors of a large collection being up for sale a few years ago. I wonder if this was it?
You can get pretty crazy with it. Not just correct manufacturers, but with period drawing numbers, etc.

I'll swap obvious parts if I have them (like an Earl MacFarline stock I got on my IHC that I swapped with my WWII SA), but I generally don't seek them out, with the exception of the 03 Mark I I restored, but that was a bit different.

You can get pretty crazy with it. Not just correct manufacturers, but with period drawing numbers, etc.

I'll swap obvious parts if I have them (like an Earl MacFarline stock I got on my IHC that I swapped with my WWII SA), but I generally don't seek them out, with the exception of the 03 Mark I I restored, but that was a bit different.

absolutely, these gusy spoke a funny language when it came to garands..they could spout out lot numbers heat codes, rebuild marks and cartouches

Very good what did you order, I actually recieved a phone call last week on my IHC order. I missed the cut for a IHC al together not even a field grade. They offered a service grade or a special to be shipped within a few weeks.....well I turned it down. Just dont have the room or cash to spend on another service grade.

Crazy how quick they go.

Crazy how quick they go.

I hesitated, im not much a "collector" so paying more for a IHC service grade feels silly to me BUT I said what the heck. Problem is my order was sent in way to late. That was sort of by plan. I am a shooting collector. Seriously once I can no longer shoot the guns will be sold off. I have no desire to let them sit in a safe.

I will when I get home tomorrow. Any recommendations for ammo for these? I was going to buy a can of priv partisan that is marketed for garands. I understand that some modern 3006 hunting rounds can be damaging to these. I cant wait to shoot this.

prvi is good stuff! stay away from corrosive (Korean surplus with a few exceptions, easier to just avoid)

Back
Top Bottom