• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another CMP order going out

There are two nice ones at Hunter's Trading Post in Weymouth. Two SA's, all SA parts, one 2.9 and the other 3.2 IIRC. The 3.2 has a lockbar rearsight, neither stock has a cartouche. The 2.9 has a P, the other not. $1200 each. They will have more coming in shortly.

T

There are two nice ones at Hunter's Trading Post in Weymouth. Two SA's, all SA parts, one 2.9 and the other 3.2 IIRC. The 3.2 has a lockbar rearsight, neither stock has a cartouche. The 2.9 has a P, the other not. $1200 each. They will have more coming in shortly.

T
Are they 1200$ nice though?

I went to the office today because staying home sucks when you can only sit around.

Here is my newest M1. It's supposed to be a field grade, but it looks more like a service grade. It's a 1 at the muzzle and a 2 at the throat. It does have a couple chunks out of the wood, probably from beating in the heads or smashing in the teeth of some North Koreans. At least thats what I like to believe. It's also less than 200 away from mclina's.

IMG_2900_zpsbprirrbv.jpg

IMG_2901_zpst12q31dm.jpg

IMG_2902_zpso1dtfpor.jpg

IMG_2904_zpseh6frsnq.jpg

IMG_2903_zpsa70ekqe6.jpg

IMG_2905_zpsb0pse015.jpg

IMG_2906_zpsweeocif2.jpg

Are they 1200$ nice though?

T

Compared to CMP, they rate at least a SG or better in terms of metal and wood. TE/ME is good as well.

T
Wouldn't that be the CMP's old Correct Grade if it had all SA parts? CG's ran about $1000 when they ran out a few years back.

No CMP certificates that I remember. From an old collector letting things go. They've already moved 15, another bunch coming in.

T

Thing about large collections is if the rifles are correct or made correct after ? Although they are no longer active in this activity I know 5 guys.
They would buy the 12 a year limit and swap parts to get correct rifle period correct parts, they would swap and trade parts through each other... they did this from aprox 1998-2004 or so... only remaining member still active at the club says he has only 15 rifles remaining from the cmp.
Sold off all the regular garands. His pride of his collection is a M1D sniper still in the wrap/box
A few collector grade M1s and one un issued SA from the early 50s.

I'm curious if the 15 sold through HTP where on the floor or on GB? I had heard rumors of a large collection being up for sale a few years ago. I wonder if this was it?

Mailed my first order yesterday for a service grade garand. So i'm looking at a couple weeks to three months wait? I just hope it gets delivered when my girlfriends not home!

Mailed my first order yesterday for a service grade garand. So i'm looking at a couple weeks to three months wait? I just hope it gets delivered when my girlfriends not home!
I dropped my first order for SG 3 weeks ago and haven't heard a peep. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. Its killing me.

I mailed by order yesterday for a service grade also (well, that makes it the day after you). And the wait begins.

Who else has returned the little postcard that comes with your CMP Garand, for your free trigger lock?

I just got mine in the mail today. I didn't expect it to be anything I would use. Turns out, it is a cable lock, which won't even work on the M1 Garand.

I'll hang it on the hook near my safe, with all of my Mossberg and other cable locks that I never use.

Who else has returned the little postcard that comes with your CMP Garand, for your free trigger lock?

I just got mine in the mail today. I didn't expect it to be anything I would use. Turns out, it is a cable lock, which won't even work on the M1 Garand.

I'll hang it on the hook near my safe, with all of my Mossberg and other cable locks that I never use.

Engage the safety and run the cable through the hole. [smile]

Still waiting. Waiting sucks. And I'm not a fan of this mail order stuff. When will they upgrade to online? I guess it's a small price to pay for a rifle shipped to your door.

Still waiting. Waiting sucks. And I'm not a fan of this mail order stuff. When will they upgrade to online? I guess it's a small price to pay for a rifle shipped to your door.
Seeing as they want to stop the whole order thing altogether, I'd be surprised if they invested in a different system

well since they need a 'wet' signature on some of the forms as well as notarization, its unlikely it will be totally online.

It does not really matter. It's on cmp auction and that seems to add value on top of any other value.
My guess is its like new or in issued and can be positively ID'd. In the end that's what it's,worth to the highest bidder. Look at all the carbines just a few years ago most where 600$ or less ?

Where do you think this will end 6k all ready
http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail...nd-Winchester-Repeating-Arms-1342807-Like-New

Last edited:
Good for CMP to get $6K, but that's not necessarily an all original, is it? Possibly a mix-master of correct Winchester parts? Very nice stock, however...

Good for CMP to get $6K, but that's not necessarily an all original, is it? Possibly a mix-master of correct Winchester parts? Very nice stock, however...

Well they never mention it to be "original" although it's pretty darn close. Not up on my period correct parts. Figure it hit 6k in 2 days those with deep pockets or inflicted with gotstohavits know more and have more money than I.

Back
Top Bottom