• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another CMP order going out

Just in time
PRICE INCREASE EFFECTIVE 5 JANUARY 2015. To lock in current pricing, customers are encouraged to mail in their orders now. Our customers will see a price increase on rifles and ammunition on 5 January 2015. This increase will be a result of our items priced with free shipping (there will no longer be a separate cost for S&H for rifles or ammunition). The price increase will also include an anticipated shipping increase. Any order received prior to 12 January will receive the old pricing plus the old shipping amount. The only exceptions to "free shipping" concerning rifles and ammunition are Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico residents. Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico residents will be charged the exact shipping costs at the time of processing and shipping the order.

i just ordered my first 2 from CMP, dropped the paperwork in the mail yesterday.

I was born in Springfield, MA and live a town over. I attended community college before going to my four year university at STCC the former armory grounds where many of these fine pieces of historical craftsmanship were made. If anyone is ever in Springfield, take a trip over to the armory grounds, there is a great museum that details much of the history of the site.

It's finally coming tomorrow, and I won't see it until next Wednesday. I'm going out to visit my brother in Colorado the same day it's supposed to show up.

Mailed 12/29/14
The CMP claims to have received the order 1/23/15
Sat in limbo for a month and a half.
CC hit 3/6/15
Shipped 3/9/15

Will be viewed 3/18/15.

It's finally coming tomorrow, and I won't see it until next Wednesday. I'm going out to visit my brother in Colorado the same day it's supposed to show up.

Mailed 12/29/14
The CMP claims to have received the order 1/23/15
Sat in limbo for a month and a half.
CC hit 3/6/15
Shipped 3/9/15

Will be viewed 3/18/15.

Other than the gap in your "received" order. I believe they where lacking on field grades with wood.
Sadly Orest has,been gone and ask CMP(orest) on the forums has been a bit lacking since Orest left.

I might drop a order in just to have a IHC? I still have the paper work filled out from last IHC. I will have it ready to over night the order if I do

I finally (just now) got an email that they received my order on 2/26/15 and it is now being processed. I dropped it in the mail on 2/23/15.

I hope all this IHC frenzy doesn't gum up the works too much for me.

I finally (just now) got an email that they received my order on 2/26/15 and it is now being processed. I dropped it in the mail on 2/23/15.

I hope all this IHC frenzy doesn't gum up the works too much for me.
Really shouldn't they have all the IHCs boxed up and ready to ship. Your paper work is in order they,will go out as fast as,they can stick a a label on.

What's normal protocol for this, sit quietly next to the computer and wait for an email? How long should I be waiting to hear something, 2 weeks?

Yup. Try to forget you ordered one and wait.

Right now it's only taking a couple weeks. There was a time where the wait was 60-90 days and it was mostly 90 days.

What's normal protocol for this, sit quietly next to the computer and wait for an email? How long should I be waiting to hear something, 2 weeks?

you get whats been dubbed a "DBU" email confirming all is well with your order.... DBU Dont Bother Us..... sit and wait it comes when it comes.

I got a shipment notification today. Fedex should be delivering my M1 tomorrow. I put it in the mail on February 23, so that's three weeks and one day.

Last edited:
I won't be seeing mine as soon as I thought. I'm in Colorado and went with my niece and nephew to this place called Sky Zone. It's a trampoline place. Apparently I'm too old to be doing that. I managed to tear my calf muscle jumping from the trampoline into the foam pit.

image_zpsswzdwdrj.jpg

I won't be seeing mine as soon as I thought. I'm in Colorado and went with my niece and nephew to this place called Sky Zone. It's a trampoline place. Apparently I'm too old to be doing that. I managed to tear my calf muscle jumping from the trampoline into the foam pit.

image_zpsswzdwdrj.jpg

Well THAT sucks! Heal quickly and stay off that thing for a while!

image_zpsswzdwdrj.jpg

Went to trampoline park with my 7 year old daughter...... I was lucky managed to leave with just a limp. Right up there with sledding. Heal well.

I got mine today. It's a '52-'54 Springfield with a non-repro stock. Looks to be in nice shape, a few dings, but this is the first Garand I have seen up close, so I have no basis for comparison.

I'll get it broken down and checked out later today and put up some photos.

Yup. Try to forget you ordered one and wait.

Right now it's only taking a couple weeks. There was a time where the wait was 60-90 days and it was mostly 90 days.
I thought they were quoting 120-160 days back in early 2013.

I have an IHC on order, waiting for it.

I got mine today. It's a '52-'54 Springfield with a non-repro stock. Looks to be in nice shape, a few dings, but this is the first Garand I have seen up close, so I have no basis for comparison.

Good articles on the CMP about stripping it down and putting it back together again.

I printed this out and keep it in my cleaning box for a quick "where to" on lubricating the M1.
http://www.garandgear.com/m1-garand-grease

It's by far my favorite gun to shoot lately! :)

Depending on the grade you want to compare what you got vs other garands.
If you got the Service Grade for 730$ go find Garands in your local gun shops. Be hard pressed to find to find one for 730$ let alone in good shape. LGS near me has a SA service grade commercial replacement stock was 850$ last year and suddenly its now 1200$

I know value is different cmp vs the outside world but a SG M1 that cost 730$ shouldnt cost 1200 in a shop but saddly its usually of a lesser grade and still more money. I dont see to many nice garands in shops. most are rack grades at best and still 1k

My S/N is 43258XX which seemed to put it on the lower end of the '52-54 bracket based on the one website I checked. My tag says it has a muzzle reading of 1+ and a throat reading of 3+

I tore it down and greased it. Looking forward to getting it to the range.

Back
Top Bottom