• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Already getting impatient waiting for ltc

Also, if someone in a persons family knows a lieutenant of their local state police, would that have an effect on the wait time?

I have no idea, but unless said Lieutenant has something specifically to do with firearms licensing, I tend to doubt it.

As I recall, it took 16 weeks for my unrestricted LTC to come in. Yes, it seemed like forever, but it sure did give me some time to save a few bucks and do some research

Son, it took me almost 5 months for a RENEWAL in this god forsaken hell hole. And the town isn't even a "red" or "black" town. It's the way it is and won't get better any time soon.
Even gun owners tend to be somewhat "sheeple" at times, just basically giving in to the "system". Look at the attendance (or lack of) at the town "hearings" that have taken place. People even gun owners, tend to just accept it, take it up the you-know-what, instead of fighting harder for sanity to return to this Commie state.
I was in Wilmington for the hearing. I'll be at the State House this month , AND will speak up for my rights. But how many other will be there?
I've asked literally over A HUNDRED fellow gun owners (I'm not talking about owners in this forum - cuz only a small percentage of Mass. gun owners browse here and actually pay attention to the State House - but gun owners I know or run into at various places), asked them if they've gone to any of the (anti) gun hearings, or are planning to go this month.
95 out of the hundred have answered "Huh? What hearings?... Huh? What?)

Pretty much tells the story of what's really the problem here in the People's Republic....It's an ideal time to FIGHT THE SYSTEM, after what's happened to Amy Lord in South Boston, Jerry Remy's kid killing his girlfriend, terrorist bombers running through citizens back yards, etc etc etc.

And, yet, the reply I'm getting is "Huh? Hearings? What hearings??"....

I am about 1 hour away from MFS. That's where I took my basic firearms safety. If I was near it I would join in a heartbeat. And from the sounds of it I should not get the ruger lc9. Is it just ruger that is bad, or the lc9 specifically? I thought the lc9 would be good because its small size seemed easier to conceal. I don't wear my clothes too baggy, so I would have more difficulty concealing a big handgun. And I liked the idea of a 9mm.

Just the lc9. bought one and hated it. Love my SR9C.

Just picked up my LTC in Brockton yesterday, surprised that it came with no restrictions.
I called in early February to make my application appointment, earliest available was May 16th!
The permit issue date is 8/23/13, so about a 100 day wait.

I have been waiting since 6/19/13, and when I called the PD they said it may be longer than 12 weeks and that they are waiting on the state "Stoughton MA"

If you're near Framingham (Holliston, actually) you could join MFS. With your membership comes the privilege of spending as much time on the range as you like and "free rental" of any of their guns, and they have quite a few.

Once you join it's all free except for ammo.

Mass Firearms School

had a service call near holliston which i normaly would've declined but i figured it was a good opportunity to visit mfs. not bad if you like shooting indoors ( which i don't) had to push a lot of discarded brass out of the way to stand in a clear spot (no big deal) rented a 1911 which was cool since i don't own one . but overall i'd rather be in a club with an outdoor range (which i am)---however mfs is definately worth the 1 or 2 trips to try out a gun you're looking to purchase

Just picked up my LTC in Brockton yesterday, surprised that it came with no restrictions.
I called in early February to make my application appointment, earliest available was May 16th!
The permit issue date is 8/23/13, so about a 100 day wait.

Friend, that's a 200+ day wait, from February to today. Why give them a break? You had to wait to start a second wait, for chrissakes.

Not to mention (but I will anyway) that you had to find and pay for then wait to take a safety course before that.

Friend, that's a 200+ day wait, from February to today. Why give them a break? You had to wait to start a second wait, for chrissakes.

Not to mention (but I will anyway) that you had to find and pay for then wait to take a safety course before that.

You're right, I was too easy on them!
I've had a very busy year, so the time flew by.

Back
Top Bottom